2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's definitely a unique essay though! Somewhat useful/terrifying information btw for everyone: I scoured the 2018 thread (probably will also check 2019 thread) and there were some people who interviewed on a Mon/Tues and got an answer by Friday of that week.
Lol I was looking at the 2019 thread and people were getting it by 8/31! Tbh I’m excited. So freaking excited.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol I was looking at the 2019 thread and people were getting it by 8/31! Tbh I’m excited. So freaking excited.

I just looked through that thread too and came across that post. Absolutely nuts. Terrifying.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh!!! I’m scared but super excited.
Do you guys think that once the II has been sent they are mostly interested as us as a person and have accepted our stats by that point?

Last edited:
Do you guys think that ones the II has been sent they are mostly interested as us as a person and have accepted our stats by that point?

Gah I hope so. I mean the turnaround for me and @Kevvv was so quick I'd imagine they were fine with our stats, rather than holding on to us for later in the cycle for II.

Do you guys think that once the II has been sent they are mostly interested as us as a person and have accepted our stats by that point?
Yes! From everything I know about this process, the getting to the II is about you on paper, everything past this is you. That’s why people with 528s and 4.0s are never guaranteed the acceptance.

Yes! From everything I know about this process, the getting to the II is about you on paper, everything past this is you. That’s why people with 528s and 4.0s are never guaranteed the acceptance.
This is comforting haha :D

This is somehow comforting and scary at the same time... not sure why...

Hey anyone know about any good info sessions coming up for this school? Can't find anything on the website, but I'd love to attend an info session or something before their presentations on Interview Day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey anyone know about any good info sessions coming up for this school? Can't find anything on the website, but I'd love to attend an info session or something before their presentations on Interview Day.
Friday at 1pm MST! It should be at the bottom of the main page

It’s 2 pm cst hahaha

So I think that makes it 3pm my time. Uh I'm probably going to be at work at that time... I'll email and ask if they record them -it'll show interest and explain why I'm not attending.

So I think that makes it 3pm my time. Uh I'm probably going to be at work at that time... I'll email and ask if they record them -it'll show interest and explain why I'm not attending.
There’s ones every Tuesday and Friday at 3pm your time.

Has anyone who has received an II received information on interview scheduling/format/etc. from ICOM?

Is there any one from University of Washington, Seattle?

um.. Has anyone NOT received a secondary yet? I was verified July 2nd and got an email on the same day saying:
"Thank you for your interest in the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM). Your AACOMAS application has been received and we look forward to reviewing your credentials."
But I have not gotten a secondary yet.

um.. Has anyone NOT received a secondary yet? I was verified July 2nd and got an email on the same day saying:
"Thank you for your interest in the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM). Your AACOMAS application has been received and we look forward to reviewing your credentials."
Can't hurt to email them.

I just got a II for a potential interview mid- late August.

Recieved it really quickly. Like I submitted my secondary 2 days ago.

it does say 2-4 weeks I think. I'm still waiting for mine too but I was verified July 14 and got that email from them july 15

Submitted secondary yesterday, got an II today! Super excited (from Florida btw)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
awe you're sweet!! yeah I'm so excited. When do you do your asynchronous for SH? I did my Bradenton one yesterday!

Know this is an ICOM thread, but how soon after your LECOM app was complete did you receive the interview invite?

I'd really love to hear about when/what the interview here is gonna be like.
Probably learn more next week. I tried to attend the sesh today, but realized they're on orientation week so they didn't have one today lol rip

• Haha
Probably learn more next week. I tried to attend the sesh today, but realized they're on orientation week so they didn't have one today lol rip

Actually, I should be working from home next friday so I'll try to align my lunchbreak with the session!

It’s a “how would you use osteopathic philosophies in your career?”
So I shouldn't mention the story about how I got introduced into the osteopathic philosophy? I do not know what to write tbh, I discussed my goals and how I want to tie in the main tenet of osteopathic philosophy into my ultimate goal

So I shouldn't mention the story about how I got introduced into the osteopathic philosophy? I do not know what to write tbh, I discussed my goals and how I want to tie in the main tenet of osteopathic philosophy into my ultimate goal
I defined DO in my own terms and understanding, then explained how I’d use it in my career.

No there was Q1 and Q2 which was either explain how you fixed your app if you’re a reapp or how you would use DO in your career.

Phew. Thought I just didn't answer a question... thanks!

Secondary received and submitted today! Received the complete email a half hour later. How long did it take you guys to hear back about a potential II? The secondary email said they'll be starting interviews in mid-August