-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lovethatjourney4me
Full Member
This is only speculation, but I suspect they've made their offers. They said they'd award scholarships before 4/30 so that people could factor them into their decisions.Does anyone have any idea on where they are at in terms of scholarship offers?
Officially withdrawn from here. Got a better offer somewhere else! Wishing you all the best!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure it's unrankedHow do we find out where we are on the WL? or do they not do that anymore?
southside24
Full Member
It was my understanding a commit to enroll button would show today in the choose your medical school tool. Is that not the case?
It's there. You need to click "edit selection" and then it shows up and you can change it from pte to cte.It was my understanding a commit to enroll button would show today in the choose your medical school tool. Is that not the case?
Waiting for that WL movement...
Has there been any?
Has there been any?
lovethatjourney4me
Full Member
If there are any current students on this thread, would also love to know what we should hold off on buying 🙂Did my commit to enroll 😊. Now I gotta figure out what I need to buy for school! Do they give us tablets or do we get our own?
If there are any current students on this thread, would also love to know what we should hold off on buying 🙂
Would probably be better to ask on the facebook page as i know there's a few active current students on there who answer questions
There's this from their websiteIf there are any current students on this thread, would also love to know what we should hold off on buying 🙂
Not sure how up to date that is though and how necessary the required materials actually are, so would love to hear input from a current student
JustAnotherKinaseSTAT
New Member
Current student - not positive if all of this will be the same for your class so proceed with caution.If there are any current students on this thread, would also love to know what we should hold off on buying 🙂
- We got First Aid (big step study book) for free so probably don't buy that.
- As far as I know, all the textbooks you need are online so don't need to buy any.
- The school also has a deal with Osmosis (online company that does cute animated videos and has flashcards) so you get a membership with them for free.
- Don't buy access to UWorld (another online study resource) - school gets everyone a membership for dedicated I believe.
- We did not have tablets provided. Tablet was a worthwhile purchase imo but plenty of people use quill & papyrus still.
- Actual doctor supplies like that silly hammer, BP cuff, etc. - the school puts together a bundle that has everything. Much easier than tracking all items down individually. I think there may have been a deal associated with it but not sure.
- Stethoscope may or may not be included in the bundle - I forget. I got mine before that. Having a stethoscope early can be useful if you want to practice listening to your family members, et al. Not a big deal either way. Just get the right one.
- Other study resources like Boards & Beyond - no sense buying now because you pay by the month/year so wait until you're actually using them. Most have free trials so you can figure out which you like. You may be able to work out group discounts, too. The first few weeks of school is mostly about figuring out which of these, if any, you want to use. Orientation week covers these services plenty.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the policy is if you get an acceptance offer from another school after you've already PTE at UIC on April 30? I know at some schools you are required to notify them within 24 hours of receiving another offer even if you haven't decided to go to the new school. Does UIC have the same policy?
Last edited:
Does anyone one know when block 0 starts?
WaterChicken
Full Member
Any updated news on tuition costs/details for when this is due for first instalment?
throwaway9884
Full Member
anyone? I'm wondering if they already gave out the institutional scholarshipsHas anyone here heard from scholarships?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
It looks like they’re supposed to be done, but no one has reported anything at all. This year is also weird bc of COVID, so there might be delays. Who knows, maybe some of us will get lucky in the upcoming days/weeks.anyone? I'm wondering if they already gave out the institutional scholarships
shellman5000
New Member
I received a scholarship offer a couple months back
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Are you IS or OOS?I received a scholarship offer a couple months back
shellman5000
New Member
I am IS
anyone know if the class is full yet?
Just withdrew my A from the Chicago campus. Hope it goes to one of you beautiful people 🙂
I got an email today that says all campuses are at full capacity. It was more in reference to campus placement switches, but it did say the class is full.anyone know if the class is full yet?
Last edited:
ice cheems
Full Member
ouch oof my hopes and dreamsI got an email today that says all campuses are at full capacity. It was more in reference to campus placement switches, but it did say the class is full.
iceland1996
New Member
hi, waitlisted individual here.
not sure if this means anything, but i looked up uicom fb groups from the past 3 years and the numbers have been 381 -> 397 -> 372.
that, and “+14 in the last week” for 2020-2021 groups as of today. certainly could mean there has been and/or there will be wl movement
maybe there’s still hope? or am i being neurotic lol? also surprised that “520/670” interviewed get accepted and more than 100 of those individuals never even bothered to join the fb groups, so maybe this isn’t accurate whatsoever.
any thoughts? not sure if campus placement being full reflects waitlist movement.
not sure if this means anything, but i looked up uicom fb groups from the past 3 years and the numbers have been 381 -> 397 -> 372.
that, and “+14 in the last week” for 2020-2021 groups as of today. certainly could mean there has been and/or there will be wl movement
maybe there’s still hope? or am i being neurotic lol? also surprised that “520/670” interviewed get accepted and more than 100 of those individuals never even bothered to join the fb groups, so maybe this isn’t accurate whatsoever.
any thoughts? not sure if campus placement being full reflects waitlist movement.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i think some of the people joining could be current medical students? where did you get the 520/670 number :Ohi, waitlisted individual here.
not sure if this means anything, but i looked up uicom fb groups from the past 3 years and the numbers have been 381 -> 397 -> 372.
that, and “+14 in the last week” for 2020-2021 groups as of today. certainly could mean there has been and/or there will be wl movement
maybe there’s still hope? or am i being neurotic lol? also surprised that “520/670” interviewed get accepted and more than 100 of those individuals never even bothered to join the fb groups, so maybe this isn’t accurate whatsoever.
any thoughts? not sure if campus placement being full reflects waitlist movement.
iceland1996
New Member
Dr. Amiri mentioned it during my interview; that stat was in this thread somewhere, as well.i think some of the people joining could be current medical students? where did you get the 520/670 number :O
i was alluding more to how the number of folks in the group is less than years past, but maybe it’s not much to go off of / standard deviation isn’t too great there?
maybe the committee is still meeting third week of the month as always, so we haven’t heard much is all?
Just withdrew my A from the Chicago campus! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Are many OOS students getting some good financial aid here, to offset that super high out of state tuition?
No lol
Is anyone working on this castle branch stuff? I’m somewhat confused and not sure if I’m doing things right if anyone can PM me who has gotten through it already.
I should say specifically where do we go to do the titer stuff? Do we make an appointment with quest diagnostics?
I should say specifically where do we go to do the titer stuff? Do we make an appointment with quest diagnostics?
Last edited:
throwaway9884
Full Member
I made a primary care appointment because when I called like lab corp they said they need a physician to order the labs so my doctor made an order and i just made an appointment with questIs anyone working on this castle branch stuff? I’m somewhat confused and not sure if I’m doing things right if anyone can PM me who has gotten through it already.
I should say specifically where do we go to do the titer stuff? Do we make an appointment with quest diagnostics?
I made a primary care appointment because when I called like lab corp they said they need a physician to order the labs so my doctor made an order and i just made an appointment with quest
I came to the same conclusion sigh lol.
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I made a primary care appointment because when I called like lab corp they said they need a physician to order the labs so my doctor made an order and i just made an appointment with quest
I'll be honest, I'm literally so confused about it lol what even is quest??? can I just have all of my labs drawn through my primary care appointment?I came to the same conclusion sigh lol.
I'll be honest, I'm literally so confused about it lol what even is quest??? can I just have all of my labs drawn through my primary care appointment?
That is what I did. True story I’m a needle phobic future doctor and I avoided a primary care visit for 3 years because I HATE needles (rare disease as a 4 year old and needle draws daily with a nurse that kept missing the vein left me phobic ever since). I finally scheduled a visit though today and they can order everything so I got my hep B titer my gold standard TB draw (to avoid doing yet again another 2 poke test), my chicken pox titer (no vaccine for me cause I’m old and had chicken pox before vaccine existed), and the mumps titer.
Next I have to visit the biometrics place to do the finger print scanning. Does anyone know where we go to do a urine drug screen or if we even need to do one? I didn’t see it on the castle branch thing. My PCP said he can order one if needed but I didn’t see a place on castle branch thing so idk where that uploads to.
Ended up being like 5 vials total with the normal blood tests as well at a PCP visit and I told the lady draw through my hand or I’m going to be shouting profanities loudly in the middle of a panic attack.
throwaway9884
Full Member
idk why we have to do the polio one?? that's so random. Also my friend who is in the UIC PT program said her drug test was in castle branch but I was looking at last years thread and someone said they were going as a class. There is also like a Q&A today for the requirementsThat is what I did. True story I’m a needle phobic future doctor and I avoided a primary care visit for 3 years because I HATE needles (rare disease as a 4 year old and needle draws daily with a nurse that kept missing the vein left me phobic ever since). I finally scheduled a visit though today and they can order everything so I got my hep B titer my gold standard TB draw (to avoid doing yet again another 2 poke test), my chicken pox titer (no vaccine for me cause I’m old and had chicken pox before vaccine existed), and the mumps titer.
Next I have to visit the biometrics place to do the finger print scanning. Does anyone know where we go to do a urine drug screen or if we even need to do one? I didn’t see it on the castle branch thing. My PCP said he can order one if needed but I didn’t see a place on castle branch thing so idk where that uploads to.
Ended up being like 5 vials total with the normal blood tests as well at a PCP visit and I told the lady draw through my hand or I’m going to be shouting profanities loudly in the middle of a panic attack.
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
That is what I did. True story I’m a needle phobic future doctor and I avoided a primary care visit for 3 years because I HATE needles (rare disease as a 4 year old and needle draws daily with a nurse that kept missing the vein left me phobic ever since). I finally scheduled a visit though today and they can order everything so I got my hep B titer my gold standard TB draw (to avoid doing yet again another 2 poke test), my chicken pox titer (no vaccine for me cause I’m old and had chicken pox before vaccine existed), and the mumps titer.
Next I have to visit the biometrics place to do the finger print scanning. Does anyone know where we go to do a urine drug screen or if we even need to do one? I didn’t see it on the castle branch thing. My PCP said he can order one if needed but I didn’t see a place on castle branch thing so idk where that uploads to.
Ended up being like 5 vials total with the normal blood tests as well at a PCP visit and I told the lady draw through my hand or I’m going to be shouting profanities loudly in the middle of a panic attack.
I was looking and I think the drug test is one we can do through quest... I think you can just tell them you need it? Then you can upload your results file on castle branch. And I think I might benefit from that Q&A today hahahah thank you!!!idk why we have to do the polio one?? that's so random. Also my friend who is in the UIC PT program said her drug test was in castle branch but I was looking at last years thread and someone said they were going as a class. There is also like a Q&A today for the requirements
I was looking and I think the drug test is one we can do through quest... I think you can just tell them you need it? Then you can upload your results file on castle branch. And I think I might benefit from that Q&A today hahahah thank you!!!
I would benefit from the Q and A but I have work 😓😤😡. So if someone can please give a summary of it afterwards that would be great. Cause like I have the OSHA training and blood borne pathogen training stuff and CPR very simply because I work at a hospital but I imagine many people don’t have that and would like to know where to go for that.
But I didn’t see the drug screen stuff on castlebranch in the requirements so idk.
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
So they shared with us that a lot of that specific training (including respirator fit) will be done during orientation, so I would not worry about it. The CPR will also be done through UIC before M2. I know that the deadline is coming up, but a current student shared on the Facebook group with us that we shouldn't worry about it until then, and that it will be taken care of by the school. Also, the drug screen stuff is like a drop down box below all of our other requirements. I will definitely share more info to help answer any questions if I'm able to attend the Q&A.I would benefit from the Q and A but I have work 😓😤😡. So if someone can please give a summary of it afterwards that would be great. Cause like I have the OSHA training and blood borne pathogen training stuff and CPR very simply because I work at a hospital but I imagine many people don’t have that and would like to know where to go for that.
But I didn’t see the drug screen stuff on castlebranch in the requirements so idk.
I can't make it to the open Q&A session today because of a family emergency... would someone be so kind and ask a few questions for me?
- have all the institutional scholarships been awarded already?
- if the white coat ceremony is in person, will they allow guests / how many per student?
thanks so so much, really appreciate it!
- have all the institutional scholarships been awarded already?
- if the white coat ceremony is in person, will they allow guests / how many per student?
thanks so so much, really appreciate it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I actually didn’t realize that the session was so early today and wasn’t able to make it 🙁 I was at work tooAny updates from the Q and A today? Still at work and working extra on top of it ugh.
throwaway9884
Full Member
They basically said fingerprinting has to be done before July 1st because it takes a long time to process but its fine if its not done processing by July 1st as long as its started. Don't send any more transcripts other than the one that has your degree on it. Institutional scholarships have been given out but some people have dropped their seat since so they're gonna give those out soon. Don't do any drug tests because we're gonna go as a class as they're gonna have dates set up so if you do it you're gonna have to do it again. They just said the white coat ceremony for rockford is gonna be in September to allow for more celebration but I don't remember if they mentioned peoria or Chicago.
:O hmmm I wonder if there was any WL movement yet ....They basically said fingerprinting has to be done before July 1st because it takes a long time to process but its fine if its not done processing by July 1st as long as its started. Don't send any more transcripts other than the one that has your degree on it. Institutional scholarships have been given out but some people have dropped their seat since so they're gonna give those out soon. Don't do any drug tests because we're gonna go as a class as they're gonna have dates set up so if you do it you're gonna have to do it again. They just said the white coat ceremony for rockford is gonna be in September to allow for more celebration but I don't remember if they mentioned peoria or Chicago.
throwaway9884
Full Member
doubt it cause they said each campus is at capacity and they can't even move anyone for the campus-specific programs yet:O hmmm I wonder if there was any WL movement yet ....