2020-2021 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sending good vibes out to everyone who’s on the waitlist, hopefully we will see some movement tonight and/or tomorrow! Keep your heads up, having interviewed at this program is a good accomplishment in itself.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I am looking at applying next year- can you guys post some of your stats just so I can see if the website is accurate on the reported MCATs and GPAs TIA!

Hi y'all! I am an accepted student at Rush Medical College (right across from UICOM Chicago). Since our schools are both in the medical district and are super close, would anyone from UIC be interested in creating a combined housing/roommates spreadsheet so we can maximize housing options? If you guys are interested, we can even make a Rush/UICOM groupme too.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m super sad, but have ultimately withdrawn from UIC as my in-state school is way cheaper. I hope this spot goes to one of you amazing people! Good luck :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I am looking at applying next year- can you guys post some of your stats just so I can see if the website is accurate on the reported MCATs and GPAs TIA!

I’m a non trad reinventor so my gpa is all kinds of whacked and messed up but my MCAT was 509. My overall gpa was actually under 3.0 but again non trad path overall gpa becomes less important. Science gpa was like 3.6. Definitely feel that I was one of their mission orientated fits with my couple of thousand hours in social work and also my hands on experience of working in the emergency room during Covid.

Ironically this school was the one school that I applied too thinking I had no chance and it ended up being my first and only acceptance so I wouldn’t put too much merit on the stats alone because they seem to be much more of a are you a right fit school than a did you meet this data point school.

Reactions: 1 users
For Castlebranch immunizations, is there no sheet that our physician fills out? Like im confused on what file we're supposed to upload

hi, waitlisted individual here.

not sure if this means anything, but i looked up uicom fb groups from the past 3 years and the numbers have been 381 -> 397 -> 372.

that, and “+14 in the last week” for 2020-2021 groups as of today. certainly could mean there has been and/or there will be wl movement

maybe there’s still hope? or am i being neurotic lol? also surprised that “520/670” interviewed get accepted and more than 100 of those individuals never even bothered to join the fb groups, so maybe this isn’t accurate whatsoever.

any thoughts? not sure if campus placement being full reflects waitlist movement.
Hey, current med student at UIC. The class facebook group will have a lot of people not in your class. School staff, admissions, students from other classes posting about apartments, furniture, plant sales (yep). So I wouldn't even think too deeply about the facebook group number.

Hi y'all! I am an accepted student at Rush Medical College (right across from UICOM Chicago). Since our schools are both in the medical district and are super close, would anyone from UIC be interested in creating a combined housing/roommates spreadsheet so we can maximize housing options? If you guys are interested, we can even make a Rush/UICOM groupme too.
Interested! Has the spreadsheet or groupme been made?

can someone please advice whether the behavioural/social science prerequisite must be completed at the time of application? I am missing one course and plan to take during the 2021-2022 school year. Does that make me ineligible to apply?

can someone please advice whether the behavioural/social science prerequisite must be completed at the time of application? I am missing one course and plan to take during the 2021-2022 school year. Does that make me ineligible to apply?
usually you have to be done with pre reqs before matriculation

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I’m waitlisted here, and I’m confused how a bunch of people report withdrawing their spot on SDN, yet nobody reports an acceptance off WL ?

Just wondering if they are planning to do campus reassignments before they send out acceptances to people on waitlist.

Hi, I’m waitlisted here, and I’m confused how a bunch of people report withdrawing their spot on SDN, yet nobody reports an acceptance off WL ?

Just wondering if they are planning to do campus reassignments before they send out acceptances to people on waitlist.
Hi, waitlisted individual here too. Hard to predict if/when we will see waitlist movement here. The point you raise is interesting though about what the protocol would be regarding campus assignment/selection for an applicant accepted off the waitlist. If someone did ask, I wonder what UICOM said?

so I'm on the waitlist as well and I emailed today asking if I should submit final transcripts from my graduate institution and I was told that it wouldn't be necessary at this time but I will be updated if they need them. I don't know if I'm reading too much into that but it kinda sounds like they're not really looking at waitlisted people right now or maybe just specifically me haha. I don't want to be a downer but it's not looking great for us waitlisted folks as of right now.

this is interesting but I am speculating that they have accepted a greater number of students than there are spots with the expectation that not everyone who has been accepted will matriculate. so even though people are withdrawing there are still enough accepted students to fill the class

Hi everyone. I will be applying here this summer and it is definitely my top choice. If anyone has any advice for apps/things the school looks for, I would love to talk to someone. Also, are we able to reach out to admissions to see our prospective chances at the school? I see some people on SDN mentioning this but I am not sure of that process/if it is okay to do so.

Congrats to everyone going!! And good luck to everyone waitlisted!

Going to be withdrawing my WL spot here. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Withdrawing my A from the Chicago campus. Best of luck everyone!

Do we need to complete CPR training by 7/1? Castlebranch says so, but I thought I remembered hearing we do that as a class

Does anyone know if it was detrimental to not pick IMED/any of the options? Or if any of them had higher II rates?

Does anyone know if it was detrimental to not pick IMED/any of the options? Or if any of them had higher II rates?
If I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but those programs have a separate interview and it does not affect regular II

For creating a Castle Branch account for Chicago campus , there are 2 options.. one that is free and other that charges $30. Does anyone know which one we should be using?

Has anyone heard back about the PCM program? Or know when to expect to hear back?

Anyone currently in Peoria trying to transfer out or commit/CTE to another medical school they’re on a waitlist on?

Currently trying to transfer to Chicago
I hope you succeed haha bc I’m trying to transfer to Peoria. I picked Rockford as a second choice bc I preferred it but then realized it was too close to home in Chicago lol, so I’m trying to move to Peoria. Reasonable distance from home- not close but also not terribly far.

Has anyone heard anything new regarding campus appeals?
As of two weeks ago, Dr. Amiri told me all campuses are still at capacity, so no appeals being granted. Not sure what I’m going to do on July 1st CTE…

Currently assigned Rockford. I live in Chicago and due to personal reasons, cannot relocate. Hoping to get transferred to Chicago or I will have to give up my seat.
Honestly I’m in Rockford too and I like it it’s cool, but I’m trying to be farther from home in Chicago. Rockfords too close, if I were in Chicago I’d give up my seat for you but preferably for Peoria lol bc it’s farther from Chicago.

Honestly I’m in Rockford too and I like it it’s cool, but I’m trying to be farther from home in Chicago. Rockfords too close, if I were in Chicago I’d give up my seat for you but preferably for Peoria lol bc it’s farther from Chicago.
I hope you get Peoria! Yes, honestly, if circumstances with my family were different, I’d happily go to Rockford. Here’s hoping UIC comes through for us both! (And everyone else out there waiting!)

Maybe I’m just making myself feel better but I feel like the regional campuses will definitely open up a little as people either commit elsewhere or get moved to another campus/Chicago. There’s still time for that.

Like this post if you still haven’t CTEd here yet lol bc you’re on another waitlist somewhere else/trying to transfer campuses?

Did anyone’s Site Assignment portal tab change today? Mine doesn’t say “Rockford” anymore; it gives a strange code “APPFLEX5”. Anyone else have this?

Wanted to post earlier but was at work and then being the old fart that I am fell asleep at 9 pm last night. I was not appealing as I am in Chicago campus and wanted that campus but I also have the APPFLEX5 thing in my portal so my guess is that it’s a coding error on their part.