2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I listed Knoxville. Wife is an RN and we have a ten month old daughter; need work and a babysitter/daycare.
Ay that's awesome, me too! Wife is in finance/business so a city is almost necessary for us! Let's hope for the best, would be cool if we can both get in, lets goo :D

Ay that's awesome, me too! Wife is in finance/business so a city is almost necessary for us! Let's hope for the best, would be cool if we can both get in, lets goo :D

Would be fantastic. Let’s call them at the same time.

Just got the still being considered email for the first time
+1 file complete 11/18 praying that we hear some II soon (possible after December 14?) 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Reactions: 1 users
+1 file complete 11/18 praying that we hear some II soon (possible after December 14?) 🙏🏼🙏🏼

I would imagine next big round of II are after the new year. This was probably the last review/batch sent out before recessing this year.

Got the letter that I’m still being considered. Oh well still hoping.

Update: I’ve gotten all my II and secondaries by submitting multiple letters and calling. May try here too.

^^^ got the same email this morning

same here haha^

I just received the "Your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee, and we are still considering you for a possible interview." email.

Received the "still under consideration" email. I guess it's not bad if it's not a rejection, sounds like a pre-II WL to me but I'll take it. Wishing everyone luck.

Omega PLUS +1 boys

Members don't see this ad :)
5th interview hold this cycle :cyclops: ...20 schools to hear from left

• Care
To clarify, again: the email informing you that you are still in the pool to be considered for an interview is literally just that. Don’t let neuroticism or anxiety tell you otherwise. They only schedule interviews about a month out - they just don’t want to leave you in the dark until April.

It is not an R. It just means you weren’t picked this round, stay tuned.

If you didn’t get it, it’s probably because you were complete recently. If you only applied three weeks ago, there’s no need to update you already. If you’re really worried, just call and make sure your application is complete and they aren’t waiting on anything from you.

Reactions: 6 users
To clarify, again: the email informing you that you are still in the pool to be considered for an interview is literally just that. Don’t let neuroticism or anxiety tell you otherwise. They only schedule interviews about a month out - they just don’t want to leave you in the dark until April.

It is not an R. It just means you weren’t picked this round, stay tuned.

If you didn’t get it, it’s probably because you were complete recently. If you only applied three weeks ago, there’s no need to update you already. If you’re really worried, just call and make sure your application is complete and they aren’t waiting on anything from you.
A real homie
May the As be with you

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed 11/20 received a call yet? Haven't heard anything yet and it's three weeks this Friday :(

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed 11/20 received a call yet? Haven't heard anything yet and it's three weeks this Friday :(
I'd really like to know! They said it would be 2 weeks in my interview (in December) but maybe they didn't meet Thanksgiving week? Maybe that had them 1 week behind?

Do you mind sharing what your app process has been like? Secondary, when you were complete, II date, etc? Thanks!

has anybody ever been accepted to this medical school with a sub 500 MCAT score?

has anybody ever been accepted to this medical school with a sub 500 MCAT score?
I know a guy who did. At that level you got to have the extracurriculars. Granted; I feel you need them either way.

our application has been reviewed by the admissions committee, and we are still considering you for a possible interview. Your file will be periodically compared to other applications for competitiveness. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you by email. We started interviewing in August and expect to continue interviewing through April.

what does this e-mail mean?

• Dislike
our application has been reviewed by the admissions committee, and we are still considering you for a possible interview. Your file will be periodically compared to other applications for competitiveness. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you by email. We started interviewing in August and expect to continue interviewing through April.

what does this e-mail mean?
Read all of these posts from the past 24 hours, they might shed some light on the email for you! :)

Withdrew my acceptance. I hope all of you still waiting hear some good news soon! <3

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Had my interview today and loved it! The two individuals I spoke with were very nice and conversational. They scheduled us for a 6-hour interview day but condensed It down to a very pleasant three hours. Overall, this was one of my best interview experiences.

Has anyone that was put on the alternate list heard anything back? Interviewed back in October
I was placed on the Alternate list recently. Hopefully, we should be hearing back earliest during January, but most likely during May, June. I also called and asked and confirmed most alternate list movement happens during May/June. These dates are because of Traffic Rules placed by AACOMAS. Stay hopeful, my friend <3

can we send update letters? if we got the email..that we are still being considered.

Hey all, I got that email about a month ago and then got an II a couple weeks later! It’s not a soft-R :)
Wow thanks for letting us know. Did you send updates after getting the email

Did anyone get an email about the virtual open house?

As someone on the “II waitlist” I’m wondering if it makes any sort of difference attending or not. First cycle applying, and not too sure about these things lol.

Got a virtual open house email, I really thought it was a II. That was a bit cruel tbh lol

For those who declined there offer, how did you do it. Can’t seem to find anything on the portal