2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
were you able to access to this point before though?
I didn't realize I could still access my account until you posted that ^^^ so i have no idea :lol:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully more people will chime in

it’s going to be what it’s going to be. I’m actually fairly chill about it. I have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting accepted anywhere.

So one of two options:

1. we are all getting interviews
2. It just opens to everyone after some point in the cycle or for everyone to see. No meaning behind it

I’m hoping for the former for all of us

• Haha
it’s going to be what it’s going to be. I’m actually fairly chill about it. I have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting accepted anywhere.
Don't give up hope, it's superrrr early

It works for me too... tbh, idk if this really means anything. But either way, it feels good to think it might mean something!:claps:

As an update, I can't even get to the calendar anymore

Haha same, the "schedule an interview" button is gone. Gotta love it
I have yet to submit my secondary. Both links work for me, but when I click “Appointments & Interviews”, it only gives me a “schedule an appt” button. Hope this eases some anxieties.

Question: on the portal there is an area to click on “interview and events”. I clicked on it the other day out of curiosity and could not access it. Basically I was restricted. Today, randomly, I gave it a shot and was able to get in and pick dates for an interview. Still no confirmation email or anything but seemed odd to me. I’m not hopeful but any thoughts?
UMM the real question is did you select a date?

Members don't see this ad :)
They know we are all neurotic and were playing with our feelings. What a dirty move :confused:

Do ya'll think it's necessary to answer the optional essay question? I know some schools (Texas ones for sure) do this thing where they have an "optional" essay but if you don't answer it, that looks bad as hell

Do ya'll think it's necessary to answer the optional essay question? I know some schools (Texas ones for sure) do this thing where they have an "optional" essay but if you don't answer it, that looks bad as hell
I didn't

I used this essay to justify anything that I wasn't able to on the rest of my application, and what my further plans are during this gap year.

Maybe you can 1-2 points that you like about the school? I don't know...just a suggestion

I used it as an essay to talk about my baddddd undergrad GPA. Fell on my sword, took full responsibility. Hope it makes a difference.

I used it as an essay to talk about my baddddd undergrad GPA. Fell on my sword, took full responsibility. Hope it makes a difference.
How bad are we talking? Stats? DIY postbacc and if so, how many credits?

How bad are we talking? Stats? DIY postbacc and if so, how many credits?

34 white male, married, kids
UG/Overall 2.4
SMP 3.68
MASSIVE upward trend
501 (balanced)
15 year paramedic; stellar LOR

NOT an excuse but long-standing undiagnosed ADHD-Inattentive. Found out ten years after starting undergrad and screwing the pooch. Took classes and coaching to learn management without meds. Have done very very well since then.

Reactions: 6 users

I also used this space to talk about my current and planned post-bacc work. Upward trend in undergrad, and 4.0 during post-bacc work. Also improved mcat score, though I'm not sure how good it will be for this application cycle. Do you guys think it'll be too late to re-take the mcat in Sep 2020? Hoping to get in this cycle...

I also used this space to talk about my current and planned post-bacc work. Upward trend in undergrad, and 4.0 during post-bacc work. Also improved mcat score, though I'm not sure how good it will be for this application cycle. Do you guys think it'll be too late to re-take the mcat in Sep 2020? Hoping to get in this cycle...
Most school's websites have the date of the last MCAT they will accept. Most list Sept, but some allow until Jan

when did you submit your primary? I submitted 7/22 and haven't heard back at all, so how long does it take?

I submitted 7/10, verified 7/15 and received the secondary 7/16

Overall I improved on the MCAT but had a low chem/phys section because I messed up on timing cause i forgot the time clock would be different due to a shorter length and I wrote down the time marks I do for a full length. I recovered in my other sections. My question is should I address this or does this seem like an excuse?

Overall I improved on the MCAT but had a low chem/phys section because I messed up on timing cause i forgot the time clock would be different due to a shorter length and I wrote down the time marks I do for a full length. I recovered in my other sections. My question is should I address this or does this seem like an excuse?

Hmm this is a tough...I personally wouldn't. It could show you were careless

It seems like an excuse. You got what you got. I don’t think is “smart” to justify that. It’s more like, if you are not happy with your score, then take the MCAT again. How much did you get, if you don’t mind me asking?

If you want something to write about, talk about your plans from now until you get into medical school, and what you are doing to improve yourself as an applicant. This can show a growth mindset, which always looks good.

It seems like an excuse. You got what you got. I don’t think is “smart” to justify that. It’s more like, if you are not happy with your score, then take the MCAT again. How much did you get, if you don’t mind me asking?

I suddenly can't get into my portal and it also never sent me the "forget password" email. the portal is so wonky for me - did anyone else experience this? I'm just trying to submit my secondary lol

I suddenly can't get into my portal and it also never sent me the "forget password" email. the portal is so wonky for me - did anyone else experience this? I'm just trying to submit my secondary lol
I am able to get in

hopeful reapplicant here. Applied 7/15, submitted secondary 7/21. Waiting with ya'll, good luck!

Last edited:
Will LMU send out secondaries before all LORs are in? My transcripts on AACOMAS were verified this morning.

I submitted my secondary a few days ago and I never got a complete email? Should I call?

What is the definition of a short essay! :(

Just received an email that LMU-DCOM will NOT be requiring a letter from a physician this cycle. Good news for anyone who was unable to obtain shadowing or a letter due to COVID.

Reactions: 5 users