2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have they sent any II for OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

have they sent any II for OOS?
No mentions at SDN. from OOS, technically their site wording means they will not look at OOS until Feb when they have an idea of how many they can let in. LSU S is OOS Unfriendly because they get too many nonserious OOS that see it as a safety school because of lower numerical admissions stats. That said the reason they have these stats is that their evaluation is truly holistic for fit, and they rather interview a 500 MCAT that is a fit and care about their mission, than a 518 that does not. This gets much harder when they review OOS apps for fit.

Waitlisted today. Any idea on the typical waitlist movement at LSU-S?

EDIT: Post interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Tips for OOS Students?
To be honest, if you're OOS, you'll probably need to have some sort of connection to get an interview. As you know the dean changed, so maybe they're shifting towards accepting more OOS, but my current OOS classmates have some sort of connection (went to undergrad locally/are a legacy etc.)

Anybody who interviewed on the 9th of Feb got anything yet? Probably not due to the weather.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any recent acceptances (feb interviews) in the mail and or do you have an acceptance in the amcas choose your med school tool? This delay because of weather is stressing me out!

Has anyone received any recent acceptances (feb interviews) in the mail and or do you have an acceptance in the amcas choose your med school tool? This delay because of weather is stressing me out!
When’d you interview?

Anybody who got accepted was it a packet or just like a single letter?

Anybody who got accepted was it a packet or just like a single letter?
You should get a single letter in the mail! They may update about other things via email like links to virtual tours etc

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone here have thoughts/insight on LSU-Shreveport vs LSU-New Orleans? Pros / cons etc. Thanks!

Interviewed 2/2, got my letter for the waitlist today. Not super surprised considering they told me they were basically full at my interview, but not fun to see either way. Going to remove myself from the list, as I have another acceptance. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 2/2, got my letter for the waitlist today. Not super surprised considering they told me they were basically full at my interview, but not fun to see either way. Going to remove myself from the list, as I have another acceptance. Good luck to you all!
Congratulations on your other acceptance. I have been placed on the waitlist as well. I didn't realize LSU-S is already full 😳

Wow, I'm not interviewing until 3/23. That's really discouraging to read that they told you they were full nearly 2 months earlier than my interview date. Yikes! Lol

I wonder if since they’re already full why do they keep interviewing and not just pull from the wait list if somebody drops out

I interview tomorrow. Any tips are greatly appreciated! Kinda bummed that the class is basically full /:

I interview tomorrow. Any tips are greatly appreciated! Kinda bummed that the class is basically full /:
You'll have 2 blind interviews if I remember correctly. A mix of MDs and PhDs. Just be comfortable talking about your PS/activities on your application as that is what they will be able to see and want to talk to you about!

their class is almost full and still no OOS interviews reported? thats disheartening to hear :(

You'll have 2 blind interviews if I remember correctly. A mix of MDs and PhDs. Just be comfortable talking about your PS/activities on your application as that is what they will be able to see and want to talk to you about!
Thank you! What was the round table discussion like if you remember?

Thank you! What was the round table discussion like if you remember?
Super chill! Dr. Thomas just kind of welcomed us, had someone from financial aid talk for a bit and then just opened it up for questions

For anyone feeling discouraged about the class being full, keep in mind there are many people with several acceptances, and they will only be holding onto their spot until end of April, when they’re required to choose 1 school and report it to AMCAS. it’s not too late! ✨ good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished my Shreveport interview. We all asked about the class being full and Dr. Thomas said while 150 spots have already been offered, the class is not full and they are still offering acceptances as people have been withdrawing. They will continue to interview through April. She also highlighted that she does not believe creating a waitlist that is so long that people have no chance of getting off of it, so I thought that was great. She said she anticipates a lot of waitlist movement. I also had 2 OOS applicants in my interview. Just wanted to update yall!

Reactions: 10 users
Wow, I'm not interviewing until 3/23. That's really discouraging to read that they told you they were full nearly 2 months earlier than my interview date. Yikes! Lol
Congratulations on your other acceptance. I have been placed on the waitlist as well. I didn't realize LSU-S is already full 😳
Sorry I wasn’t trying to be a butthead or anything by saying that. Not trying to discourage anyone. They gave a whole talk about how we could expect to get a waitlist letter, there’s lots of movement, etc. I think at this stage of the cycle if we interview at any school we should honestly expect a waitlist spot. Nothing wrong with that. People get off waitlists all the time. I just have a big move to make with my family and I don’t have time to wait and see if they let me in. Gotta go with the sure thing so I can plan my life, ya know? Best of luck to all of you waiting.

Reactions: 4 users
Just finished my Shreveport interview. We all asked about the class being full and Dr. Thomas said while 150 spots have already been offered, the class is not full and they are still offering acceptances as people have been withdrawing. They will continue to interview through April. She also highlighted that she does not believe creating a waitlist that is so long that people have no chance of getting off of it, so I thought that was great. She said she anticipates a lot of waitlist movement. I also had 2 OOS applicants in my interview. Just wanted to update yall!
How many people were with you on interview day? How many in the Facebook group right now?

Last edited:
My interview is tomorrow. What can I expect?

My interview is tomorrow. What can I expect?
So you’ll get one zoom link and everything is done via break out rooms. The first discussion is with medical students and they basically just answer any questions you have and give you their experiences with the school, etc. After that Mrs. Sonya will assign each interviewer to their breakout room for their first 30-min interview. When that one is done you get assigned to the second 30-min interview. To conclude you’ll have a meeting as a group with financial aid and the Dean, both who were super helpful. For the actual interviews, it felt like a conversation where they just wanted to know more about me and my application. Be very familiar with your app/PS and your story of how you ended up here. You’ll do great!

Now I’m getting really nervous. I was complete 9/29 and it’s already march. I know they stop interviewing April. I guess my chances are over

Update: I called Shreveport and they said I’m currently under active consideration

Are you IS? i wonder if thats just the generic response they give to anyone that asks
Yes. I called like 1.5 month ago and was told I should hear back within a couple weeks. Then I called today, and was told I’m currently under active consideration