2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R. OOS

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder if they’re sending out any additional interviews ?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Going to take myself off the waitlist as I received another acceptance. Good luck to all those waiting, wishing you all the best!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone on here applied with a very low mcat (like very low low) and got accepted/waitlisted? Trying to see if there’s any hope left for me

Anyone knows if they are still interviewing and when it stops?
Thank you

Anyone on here applied with a very low mcat (like very low low) and got accepted/waitlisted? Trying to see if there’s any hope left for me
Like sub 500 low? Are you URM?

Last edited:
I was a little surprised since Dr. Thomas made it sound like they still had acceptances to give out but who knows. Wishing you the best of luck!
question here: since they said that have already offered all 150 spots, that means that anyone who interviews after that will automatically be waitlisted right?

question here: since they said that have already offered all 150 spots, that means that anyone who interviews after that will automatically be waitlisted right?
Not necessarily since people move around & drop their spots all the time! Dr. Thomas did mention there should be a lot of waitlist movement.

Does anyone know last year's WL movement and how many students were WL and came off of it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I already called twice to ask for an update but last time I called was 2 weeks ago and I still didn’t hear anything. I’m getting worried bc it’s almost April and they stop interviewing by then. Should I call again?

I was complete 7/28/20 and still have not heard anything. Anyone else in a similar position?

Reactions: 1 user
I sent them an email to basically say hello, did you read my application? And then minutes later got this from the noreply medadmissions portal:

"Hello,

Thank you for applying to LSU Health Shreveport. Your file is now under active review. You will be contacted very soon with one of the following:

1. an invitation to interview, or
2. letting you know that you will need to reapply.

Contact may be via email or telephone; please make sure both are up-to-date on your AMCAS.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
Sonya"

I sent them an email to basically say hello, did you read my application? And then minutes later got this from the noreply medadmissions portal:

"Hello,

Thank you for applying to LSU Health Shreveport. Your file is now under active review. You will be contacted very soon with one of the following:

Contact may be via email or telephone; please make sure both are up-to-date on your AMCAS.

Kind regards,
Sonya"
I got this too a couple minutes ago after not hearing from them after submitting my secondary in July. Are there still IIs going out here? Or are they just interviewing for the WL?

"Hello,

Kind regards,
Sonya"
Submitted my secondary on 7/28/20 as well and got the same email just now, but I didn’t reach out to them beforehand

Honestly I read that email as "get ready for that R" :lol:

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
It doesn't appear that they have sent out this email in previous cycles (I searched the threads), is this because of new admissions staff and changing things up?

I got this too. I havent contactced them since application. I dont want to kill hope but I got this kind a mail from tulane and a week later, a rejection letter came. Tulane is a bit different but I suggest you do not read too much in it. But if it is a soft R why dont they just send out R ? They will reject anyway but they want to review for 10 seconds and toss? So they “reviewed” it ? I am wondering if the other ppl above who got pre II R also received this email.
I agree, I think this is just a way for them to say their butts if someone wants to come after them for not seriously reading applications that people paid to submit.

Reactions: 3 users
If I knew they were like 90% IS I wouldn't have applied. OOS here with low stats and just got the "under active review" email. Should've saved my money for a different school next cycle, RIP

"Hello,

Kind regards,
Sonya"
I got this email just now too. This was after I emailed the admissions office last week. I am OOS completed sometime in October, so pretty late

Guys, I didn’t receive that email that everyone’s receiving. What does that mean for me?

Guys, I didn’t receive that email that everyone’s receiving. What does that mean for me?
Like the ppl said above, I don’t think we should read too much into receiving or not receiving that email...Seems random to me honestly Bc some ppl got interviews/accepted with/without that email and some ppl might have gotten the preII R with/without that email also...

Same
OOS, received the email yesterday. I don't know if it is a Pre-R.

I’m OOS and received II last week for late April. I completed undergrad In Shreveport though, so I have strong ties to the area.

I got a letter from them today but it said I was on the waitlist. I can't tell if it's a good thing or not at this point.

I interviewed on Mar 2. I would've chosen Feb 23 but I didn't see the e-mail in time 😑
Lol, I responded to the email within 15 minutes and somehow got my third choice, which is tomorrow. I totally wish I could have gotten an earlier date, too! I think being added to the waitlist at this point is definitely not a bad thing, especially since someone else on here said that Dr. Thomas does not like to have really long waitlists and anticipates a lot of WL movement as people are required to narrow their choices/commit to a school.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol, I responded to the email within 15 minutes and somehow got my third choice, which is tomorrow. I totally wish I could have gotten an earlier date, too! I think being added to the waitlist at this point is definitely not a bad thing, especially since someone else on here said that Dr. Thomas does not like to have really long waitlists and anticipates a lot of WL movement as people are required to narrow their choices/commit to a school.
Legit same lol. Only took 15 min to respond to the email and got 3rd choice. See you Tomorrow at the interview!!

Good luck to interviewees today. I’m sure you all will do well! 😃