-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Meharry
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
superintroduction
Full Member
Hoping meharry shows us all some love this week!!!!!!!!!!!!First II on SDN was reported on 10/4 last year. It was unclear when interviews actually started but it seemed like November reading the comments. So fingers crossed for this week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an idea of where I can find the curriculum for Meharry? Their website is not helping my case. Thanks!
Just going to assume I’ve been screened out
godsgirly4320
Full Member
anyone else get a second "thank you for your application to meharry medical college" email? (I have not submitted the secondary yet)
Hey I just got it too... I didn’t even submit the secondary yet..anyone else get a second "thank you for your application to meharry medical college" email? (I have not submitted the secondary yet)
What’s your stats and when were you verified?Just going to assume I’ve been screened out
ak_34
Full Member
I called earlier today and was told that I could email about current graduate study and clinical experiences I'm doing that aren't on my application yet. I submitted my secondary after the call but that email they just sent says they're not accepting updates at this time lol. I'm conflicted
MD.Loading
Full Member
No don't assume that. They take their time with communication. Believe me it's still early on the Meharry timeline.Just going to assume I’ve been screened out
MD.Loading
Full Member
Uhhhh I have like ZERO patience lol I hate it here
MD.Loading
Full Member
What number did you call? I have never been able to get ANYONE to answer the phone.I called earlier today and was told that I could email about current graduate study and clinical experiences I'm doing that aren't on my application yet. I submitted my secondary after the call but that email they just sent says they're not accepting updates at this time lol. I'm conflicted
Hi I received a secondary for this school and I heard this school pre screens. I believe they pre screen holistically.. I read on their website they consider mcat scores of 498..My MCAT is a bit lower than that..I was wondering since I received a secondary should I still complete it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes!Hi I received a secondary for this school and I heard this school pre screens. I believe they pre screen holistically.. I read on their website they consider mcat scores of 498..My MCAT is a bit lower than that..I was wondering since I received a secondary should I still complete it?
ak_34
Full Member
615-327-6223What number did you call? I have never been able to get ANYONE to answer the phone.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Lol thanks I've been calling EVERY number they have on file today and each line just gives an eternal dialtone615-327-6223
mkani2020
Full Member
Still nothing?They must be swamped with applications too, I haven't heard anything from this school since they acknowledged my primary.
drkoffee87
Full Member
Does Meharry need letters of recommendation before sending their secondary? Or will they review letters of recommendation once they receive the completed secondary? I am still waiting on someone to send in a letter but I just received the "Your application is under review" email.
I haven’t heard anything eitherStill nothing?
mkani2020
Full Member
When were you verified? IS or OOS?I haven’t heard anything either
mkani2020
Full Member
When were you verified? NO secondary yet?Does Meharry need letters of recommendation before sending their secondary? Or will they review letters of recommendation once they receive the completed secondary? I am still waiting on someone to send in a letter but I just received the "Your application is under review" email.
drkoffee87
Full Member
Pretty late - September 30When were you verified? NO secondary yet?
Same. Haven’t heard anything since 8/24. At what point do I assume I’ve been screened out? :/I haven’t heard anything either
mkani2020
Full Member
no secondary? when were you verifiedSame. Haven’t heard anything since 8/24. At what point do I assume I’ve been screened out? :/
mkani2020
Full Member
sorry but have you received the secondary? If not, you were just verified so give it a week or soPretty late - September 30
drkoffee87
Full Member
Not yetsorry but have you received the secondary? If not, you were just verified so give it a week or so
drkoffee87
Full Member
Do you know if they need my letters of recommendation before sending a secondary?Not yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mkani2020
Full Member
it's very early still, they do holistic review where someone views your app I thinkNot yet
mkani2020
Full Member
I can only guess but I don't think soDo you know if they need my letters of recommendation before sending a secondary?
Verified 8/6 added Meharry 8/31 and received email of receipt of applicationWhen were you verified? IS or OOS?
Definitely complete itHi I received a secondary for this school and I heard this school pre screens. I believe they pre screen holistically.. I read on their website they consider mcat scores of 498..My MCAT is a bit lower than that..I was wondering since I received a secondary should I still complete it?
D
deleted1065184
I personally know somebody who got in with a score lower than that. Won't hurt to try.Hi I received a secondary for this school and I heard this school pre screens. I believe they pre screen holistically.. I read on their website they consider mcat scores of 498..My MCAT is a bit lower than that..I was wondering since I received a secondary should I still complete it?
Btw if you call, just know at 12pm Central the whole campus is at lunch. It is hard to get a hold of someone in general tho
mkani2020
Full Member
a person actually reviews your app right before secondary?Definitely complete it
mkani2020
Full Member
still super early give it another week or soVerified 8/6 added Meharry 8/31 and received email of receipt of application
I'm about 95% sure, yes. Other 5% percent is because I'm clearly not on the Admissions committee. Lol However, I can confirm they truly review applications holistically. You can have the scores but if you don't match their mission and vision, they're not going to express interest in you.a person actually reviews your app right before secondary?
You can have a subpar gpa and mcat, but if you match their mission and have some good ECs, you still have a good chance.
I was verified the same day as the email, 8/24no secondary? when were you verified
mkani2020
Full Member
I was verified the same day as the email, 8/24
[/QUOTE
are
are you in state?I was verified the same day as the email, 8/24
No
nope
Good luck to you!🙂Thanks 🙂 !! Rooting for us all 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NopeIs there any way to check the status of your application post secondary submission? the email says " On this web page, you will also find links back to the Application Home page and to the institution's web site. We recommend that you check both places for instructions on what to do next and how to check your admissions status from this point forward. " but i haven't been able to find anything, it just loops me back to the main submission page
MD.Loading
Full Member
So I just found out that historically meharry has neither pre recorded or live recorded lectures and now I'm thrown off lol....if there is Anything I learned from undergrad it's that my professors were too smart and spoke too fast. I really feel I NEED recorded lectures so I can go back and consult and look things up and really ponder at my own pace....I wonder if they would consider recording now that the entire academic experience has changed. Is there anyone else out there like me who LIVES off of recorded lectures
I can't remember if they are saving their live blackboard class video sessions but they probably are. You definitely get the PowerPoints but they might not get loaded prior to lecture. Prior to covid, some people voice recorded lectures.So I just found out that historically meharry has neither pre recorded or live recorded lectures and now I'm thrown off lol....if there is Anything I learned from undergrad it's that my professors were too smart and spoke too fast. I really feel I NEED recorded lectures so I can go back and consult and look things up and really ponder at my own pace....I wonder if they would consider recording now that the entire academic experience has changed. Is there anyone else out there like me who LIVES off of recorded lectures
So I just found out that historically meharry has neither pre recorded or live recorded lectures and now I'm thrown off lol....if there is Anything I learned from undergrad it's that my professors were too smart and spoke too fast. I really feel I NEED recorded lectures so I can go back and consult and look things up and really ponder at my own pace....I wonder if they would consider recording now that the entire academic experience has changed. Is there anyone else out there like me who LIVES off of recorded lectures
During my SMP I experimented a bit. I used my iPhone or a digital recorder to record the lectures. There is also a function in your powerpoint program where you can record. SO if you have that open you can probably record during lecture and move the slide with the professor. The downside to this option is that (I think) you cannot make notes on your powerpoint slide while it is recording.
I found recordings hit or miss. It mostly depended on the professor. Eventually I got really good at figuring out what they were trying to get at, and just figuring that information out for myself.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Yeah thanks, I personally thrive on recordings because a lot can be said in the moment that is confusing or I have questions and they move in and it's a never ending cycle lol. I know many other institutions pre record which is even better cause I can get up early that morning and review the material the day of as opposed to sitting through a lecture I don't understand to go home and have to listen all over again lol if I get in, I'll just have to figure it out.During my SMP I experimented a bit. I used my iPhone or a digital recorder to record the lectures. There is also a function in your powerpoint program where you can record. SO if you have that open you can probably record during lecture and move the slide with the professor. The downside to this option is that (I think) you cannot make notes on your powerpoint slide while it is recording.
I found recordings hit or miss. It mostly depended on the professor. Eventually I got really good at figuring out what they were trying to get at, and just figuring that information out for myself.