2020-2021 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well i guess you know better than UMich Medical school that decided to publish and more transparent that way than other SOMs.
Yes, I do. In fact, nobody knows better than me what information I will find useful. As transparent as some of the information they present is, providing 5 year averages only masks more recent data; it does nothing to clarify it. In breaking down the number of applications, interviews offered, or acceptances by school, the average has value because the numbers are relatively small and the average smooths out yearly fluctuations. For the total applications, interviews and acceptances, the average only obscures the numbers that are most valuable, which are the annual numbers, not 5 year averages.

For anyone paying attention who realizes the numbers only go up each year, presenting averages is not helpful. It only makes year to year comparisons more difficult, and there is little value to the average, because, as I said before, admission stats that are so old that they include the class that just graduated really have no relevance to me as a current or future applicant. But, you should feel free to enjoy them. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sounds like, UMich Medical school is not considerate of you (N=1).
Yeah -- I'd be in great shape if this were my biggest problem with the UMich admission process as a prospective OOS candidate! But, this is about your using a bad metric to calculate application increases, not their decision to mask their current numbers on the website (which by the way, we can get from MSAR when published!!!). :)

Members don't see this ad :)
this is about your using a bad metric to calculate application increases
You are getting ridiculous at this point, it is your desire to drive more YoY numbers that I didn't even mentioned. If you lack intellect to interpret posted metric correctly, onus is on you, if you spin it to justify your position, onus is on you. You remind me of another individual by name memelord or something like that last year, who eventually got banned due to toxic nature..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You are getting ridiculous at this point, it is your desire to drive more YoY numbers that I didn't even mentioned. If you lack intellect to interpret posted metric correctly, onus is on you, if you spin it to justify your position, onus is on you. You remind me of another individual by name memelord or something like that last year, who eventually got banned due to toxic nature..
GREAT point!!!! So, applications are up 13% over last year's 5 year average. What is anyone supposed to do with this information??? I didn't post this -- you did! Why???

Yes, I'm the one who lacks the intellect to interpret data!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And you remind me of some over involved parent who is so desperate to be part of the conversation that he just posts non-sequiturs all over the place because he has no clue as to what is relevant and what isn't.

Last edited:
  • Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
GREAT point!!!! So, applications are up 13% over last year's 5 year average. What is anyone supposed to do with this information??? I didn't post this -- you did! Why??? Yes, I'm the one who lacks the intellect to interpret data!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dude, give it a rest:yawn:

Reactions: 11 users
GREAT point!!!! So, applications are up 13% over last year's 5 year average. What is anyone supposed to do with this information???
That is upto an individual how to interpret it with their best ability. If it is misunderstood and misinterpreted, it doesn't make it invalid information.

I didn't post this -- you did! Why???
Did I stop you posting anything? Yet, you question someone about their motive. Stop looking everything as others have malicious intent. And I don't want to turn this thread into another :corny:. So I end this conversation here at this point.

And you remind me of some over involved parent who is so desperate to be part of the conversation that he just posts non-sequiturs all over the place because he has no clue as to what is relevant and what isn't.
When they go low, you go high. End of conversation,

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
On a very different note...... if tomorrow is Labor Day, do we think they'll still send out IIs?

On a very different note...... if tomorrow is Labor Day, do we think they'll still send out IIs?
No -- this was already established by looking at last year's thread, and, if you can get past all the noise here, there was a post on Friday linking a UMich social media post telling everyone to chill until next week.

No -- this was already established by looking at last year's thread, and, if you can get past all the noise here, there was a post on Friday linking a UMich social media post telling everyone to chill until next week.

unsure what "chill" means but Ill try my best

• Haha
Dang :/ It kind of sucks for people who wait for committee letters tho. I submitted in July but my school took FOREVER to send my letters, which were finally received mid-August :/
I believe Michigan will start reviewing an application even if the committee letter is not yet in, if the letter is the last pending item in the file. In fact, they've said they'll sometimes even extend an II to an applicant before his/her LORs are in.

At Michigan, the early bird gets the worm, and they've indicated no interest in deviating from this practice even in light of COVID. So, take from that what you will.

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe the 5yr snapshot numbers are primary apps lol...

Sooo its not Michigan Monday but just got an II? Confirmed in the portal? But admissions twitter says no IIs until next week?? Someone tell me I'm not being punked I feel like I'm being punked!!!
(IS LM 77 complete 7/28)

Reactions: 4 users
Sooo its not Michigan Monday but just got an II? Confirmed in the portal? But admissions twitter says no IIs until next week?? Someone tell me I'm not being punked I feel like I'm being punked!!!
(IS LM 77 complete 7/28)
Or you are punking us to create paranoia !

• Haha
Guys - please ignore trolls.

chrome_uPJqubba0v.png

must be one heck of an applicant, eh

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
(IS LM 77 complete 7/28)
lol you funny, pushing buttons here..
Edit: 2 II claims so far, this is very difficult for asymptomatic applicants.
Edit 2: Twitter has official announcement, UMich played well.

Last edited:
I just received an interview invitation, but when I went to scheduling, there was only one date available in mid-October. Is that normal? Did all the other time slots fill up? Or is there meant to be only one option?

I just received an interview invitation, but when I went to scheduling, there was only one date available in mid-October. Is that normal? Did all the other time slots fill up? Or is there meant to be only one option?
I got one today and also only got one option for a date idk if it is normal

So when they said they're taking a break, I guess they meant they're just doing it on Tuesday? lmao
Consider me played by the twitter account

• Haha
So when they said they're taking a break, I guess they meant they're just doing it on Tuesday? lmao
Consider me played by the twitter account

I still hope I'm "one heck of an applicant, eh"
(tbh probably wouldn't have believed myself either)

• Haha
congrats to all IIs today, as usual if you can share stats, IS/OOS, URM/ORM and whatever else.

I still hope I'm "one heck of an applicant, eh"
(tbh probably wouldn't have believed myself either)

Lol people are bitter. Im so happy for your interview!! i think Umich only offers a day for interviews!

I don’t have one yet and it does make me feel a bit unnerved but I can’t understand why people think hating on others or putting negativity out will increase your own chances to get one. Lets lift each other up please!!

Congrats to the Mitch Tuesday winners 2020 :p, I hope 10% of you get in and the other 90 get in somewhere.

ya basically gave up on this school with my 8/11 complete date.... seems like they literally only interview july completes lol

ya basically gave up on this school with my 8/11 complete date.... seems like they literally only interview july completes lol
It's only the middle of September... They have 80% of their interview slots remaining.

Reactions: 5 users
ANOTHER MICHIGAN MONDAY lets go.... I hope everyone on this thread gets a II!!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I root for y'all.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Wasn't complete until late August, so I will probably not be celebrating this Monday but GOOD LUCK to all!!

• Care
Like this post to manifest an II

edit: first 27 ppl only

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 41 users
Only 13 today so that makes me feel slightly better about not getting one

• Care
Reactions: 6 users