2023-2024 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Based on last years thread, there’s gonna be a huge R wave on Thursday. Im preparing myself for that, but fun to pretend we still got a chance before the official email

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How does a pre-II WL even happen lol i am so confused. i guess it means they will review the app again only after they made their final class and someone drops?

From the email it seems my application was competitive enough to warrant an interview but all the interview spots were full. The first wave of MSTP decisions are out so it's possible there might be cancellations.

Reactions: 1 users
So if I'm an MD applicant that hasn't heard back I am assuming I can 1) take the R basically and 2) don't have to worry about sending Mich FAFSA right?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
isn't FAFSa due in like march anyway?
Probably but I need to know fin aid and COA numbers before I can choose a place and with FAFSA already delayed this year I wanna submit is ASAP so I get my numbers back fast. I didn't know they had a 20 school limit so trying to figure out who I can safely leave off before I submit

• Love
From the email it seems my application was competitive enough to warrant an interview but all the interview spots were full. The first wave of MSTP decisions are out so it's possible there might be cancellations.
Additional MSTP Pre-II waitlist info from the application status portal:

MSTP INTERVIEW WAITLIST - At this time we are unable to offer you an interview to the University of Michigan MSTP and we are placing you on the MSTP waitlist for interview. Our last interview dates are in mid-January. We often are able to offer additional interviews as the calendar approaches those dates.

Reactions: 1 user
I also submitted mine to schools that sent me IIs. Gotta get the bread ASAP in case you get accepted
Did you do the CSS profile for these schools too? Or are you waiting for decisions since it isn’t free like FAFSA?

Did you do the CSS profile for these schools too? Or are you waiting for decisions since it isn’t free like FAFSA?
I started filling it out but then stopped when i saw it wasn't free lol. Also the schools that sent me As luckily just wanted the tax info through email instead.

pre-II R a few minutes ago. knew it was coming but still :’)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Oos pre-ii R this morning. Glad I cheered for Washington last night.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
r this morning 🫡 been a long run, good luck to everyone else waiting!!

• Care
Still nothing for me. Next Monday is probably the last chance right?

Is there a date by which all the Pre-II rejections are sent out? Just wondering if anyone has any idea.

Does anyone know if Mich accepts update letters? Couldn't find anywhere online. Thanks!

Edit: They do, through the portal. Leaving this for any future applicants with that question.

Last edited:
Pre-II R!! LM 72 and complete 10/31 (lmao)

Good luck to everyone that's left!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R LM 75 complete 09/09 good luck everyone!!

• Care
I'm getting a bit annoyed, it sounds like there are no more interviews left to be given out if we got the whole pre-interview waitlist deal. Not sure why they haven't cleaned house yet. They use a different system than the AMP, maybe they can't send multiple emails out at once? Not sure why the R batches are so trickly

Reactions: 7 users
I'm getting a bit annoyed, it sounds like there are no more interviews left to be given out if we got the whole pre-interview waitlist deal. Not sure why they haven't cleaned house yet. They use a different system than the AMP, maybe they can't send multiple emails out at once? Not sure why the R batches are so trickly
I have a feeling there is still more interviews (of course probably not a lot). It seems the waitlists are for MSTP rather than regular MD and the last Michigan Monday was 1/23 in the previous cycle. In addition, they send out an average of 457 interviews each year (they have currently sent out 416 this year). I truly believe that there is still a chance if you haven’t heard anything yet; I doubt they are completely done

Reactions: 5 users
I have a feeling there is still more interviews (of course probably not a lot). It seems the waitlists are for MSTP rather than regular MD and the last Michigan Monday was 1/23 in the previous cycle. In addition, they send out an average of 457 interviews each year (they have currently sent out 416 this year). I truly believe that there is still a chance if you haven’t heard anything yet; I doubt they are completely done
I agree, last year they sent 2 iis (lmao) the last week of Jan so it’s def not over yet

• Wow
Where are these numbers from mind me asking? And thanks for the insight! My family might be moving to Michigan so I'm kinda higher on them all of a sudden more than I was a couple months ago

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Care
if they R me this time too then I guess Michigan would’ve missed again (bars)