2020-2021 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tweet posted. 20 IIs sent out today. Thanks for playing today y’all! Better luck next week!

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
1601318187978.png

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Does this mean that applicants from HYS + Duke, Penn, UCLA are straight coasting through the interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean that applicants from HYS + Duke, Penn, UCLA are straight coasting through the interviews?
Just observation, UCs are actually dropping as admissions stage progresses while some other schools not even in top 10 applied makes splash in top 10 offers (Northwestern and U Chicago).

Yes but also note what fraction of applicants from those schools actually get interviews at all. E.g., UCLA = 9/269 (3%), UCB = 14/239 (6%), Duke = 16/110 (15%), Harvard = 27/134 (20%)

Yes but also note what fraction of applicants from those schools actually get interviews at all. E.g., UCLA = 9/269 (3%), UCB = 14/239 (6%), Duke = 16/110 (15%), Harvard = 27/134 (20%)
This and umich has one of the highest post interview acceptance rates (>75%)

Right that's why I meant tbey coast after they get an invite. Asking for a friend ;)

umich updated the tracker which shows 9800 apps!! i feel bad in some ways because there are thousands of new apps submitting in late sept and i dont think umich is really altering their rolling admissions to account for covid.
I wouldnt be surprised if they hit 10,000 by the final due date for apps. I wonder how schools such as GW/Georgetown are fairing if Umich is hitting some of their normal cycle numbers

I wouldnt be surprised if they hit 10,000 by the final due date for apps. I wonder how schools such as GW/Georgetown are fairing if Umich is hitting some of their normal cycle numbers
Really? You wouldn't be surprised if they increased by a whole 200??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Me neither!!

Can anyone tell us their general impressions of the school/ interview experience? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, MSTP here! I haven't heard back from UMich (no II or rejection) even though some people completed after me have received IIs and rejections for MSTP. Should I be concerned?

Hi guys, MSTP here! I haven't heard back from UMich (no II or rejection) even though some people completed after me have received IIs and rejections for MSTP. Should I be concerned?
Applications are not always reviewed or invited chronologically, and interviews run between now and January for MSTP. I wouldn't be concerned if I were, just wait and see.

I was invited for an interview for the MSTP in mid-October several years ago, and I ended up getting in. I'd say don't worry quite yet.

Members don't see this ad :)

My friend got her MSTP II in November last year, interviewed in January, and got in!

EDP applicant here who was WL (SOS) do you think it is too late to apply now?
IMO (and you'll likely hear others who disagree), I say yes, it's too late. Submitting a primary in October to a school is not likely to be fruitful unless maybe you're a standout applicant. My advice is to spend this (potential, fingers crossed for your WL!) gap year to improve your application and apply next year without the re-app status!

IMO (and you'll likely hear others who disagree), I say yes, it's too late. Submitting a primary in October to a school is not likely to be fruitful unless maybe you're a standout applicant. My advice is to spend this (potential, fingers crossed for your WL!) gap year to improve your application and apply next year without the re-app status!

Even with COVID delays?

Even with COVID delays?
What COVID delays? Michigan, like pretty much every other medical school, has a record number of applications already. In addition to having sent out nearly half of their total interview invites.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during the MMI?

Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during the MMI?

You technically are but you won’t need them. You also have to throw them away afterwards.

EDIT: Just to be more inclusive, I didn’t find that I needed notes, but if they make you feel better then you are allowed to take notes

Last edited:
How come no one hyped tomorrow's Michigan Monday nor the Manifestation yet this week?

Reactions: 1 users
How come no one hyped tomorrow's Michigan Monday nor the Manifestation yet this week?

Couldn't be more excited to see the "We've just sent out 22 interview invitations!" tweet at 4pm and begin a new week of disappointment!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Every week I blissfully forget about Michigan Monday and every week y'all are kind enough to remind me and instill fear in my heart again lol

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
"UMich Monday = the definition of insanity" - Albert Einstein

Has U of M submitted any pre-interview R's? I was completed 8/19 and my status is still under review.

Hey everyone, I interviewed in mid-September. We are supposed to find out about decisions soon right? I forgot the exact date. SO NERVOUS

Has U of M submitted any pre-interview R's? I was completed 8/19 and my status is still under review.
I was submitted on 8/30. It's very possible they still are reviewing your app or comparing it to other applications as they come in. I wouldn't worry yet!

Being an IS student waiting for the IS-focused UMich Med Mondays is so difficult.

Aaaaany day now....

• Care
There will be IS-focused UMich Mondays?

In the past there was a trend at least that around late October to December there were gradually more IS IIs.

Howeveeeeer, that was mostly because it was easier for IS students to travel to campus during this season. Not to mention UMich Med Mondays started a month late this year.

Reaaaally hoping they still keep with this trend this year, even though everything will be online...

:arghh: complete on day 1 (7/10) so I feel like I'm getting pretty close to giving up on this one haha

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Being Complete the first week and stalking this thread/their twitter every Monday has dropped my overall confidence in this process more than any rejection could regardless of positive outcomes elsewhere haha.

Reactions: 17 users
That sounds right! I think it was either that or the 16th!

Michigan's official policy is "no later than the 20th of the month following the month in which their interview took place." In reality, this can be a bit flexible. Last year, I got the admit email a few days prior to this. For people who have friends that are current students here, it is not uncommon for those friends to ask the admissions office if they can let the acceptee know in advance of the official email being sent.

Reactions: 1 users
Michigan's official policy is "no later than the 20th of the month following the month in which their interview took place." In reality, this can be a bit flexible. Last year, I got the admit email a few days prior to this. For people who have friends that are current students here, it is not uncommon for those friends to ask the admissions office if they can let the acceptee know in advance of the official email being sent.
Thanks for the info! And wow I'm kinda tempted to ask my friends at UMMS to do that for me lol