You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope not, that would be pretty messed up.Do we think that April interviews are just for waitlist positions??
evn2020
New Member
Overall, I had a good experience but my interview was definitely not perfect. I fumbled my words here and there and definitely talked a bit too much at certain points. However, the interviewers were very kind and responsive and two weeks later I got accepted! So definitely just be yourself, let the conversation flow, and have some solid questions prepared because you have around 10 minutes to ask. Also, review the ethical questions that people have submitted on the CCOM SDN because I had one from there and you will most likely get one.
Thank you so much! How many questions did they ask and how many minutes did you have to answer them? Did they give you the questions beforehand or as you go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed_person
Full Member
Those that interviewed in April, when did they say decisions would come out for you?
By first week of may.. though it will probably be a WLThose that interviewed in April, when did they say decisions would come out for you?
Did they say it would probably be a WL or why do you think that?By first week of may.. though it will probably be a WL
I was just assuming based off all the previous posts. April 30th is the MD deposit deadline though so maybe we will have some acceptances from the April interviewDid they say it would probably be a WL or why do you think that?
Hi guys! I just relinquished my seat here. It was a very difficult decision, as this was one of the first schools to interview and accept me, and the first I really fell in love with, but I got into a state MD program I really love which is much cheaper. I hope one of you gets this seat and gets to become an absolutely amazing physician here! Your program looks phenomenal!
D
deleted1088791
Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?
for people that interviewed this week, does anyone know when we'll hear back?
the committee meets at the end of the month so either next week or first week of may.for people that interviewed this week, does anyone know when we'll hear back?
A today, interviewed early April, complete August
Congrats!! Did you notice any changes in your portal before or after receiving the A?A today, interviewed early April, complete August
Logged on for the first time today to check the portal after getting the call, and it was already updatedCongrats!! Did you notice any changes in your portal before or after receiving the A?
A today, interviewed early April, complete August
Which date did you interview? Nothing on my end from 4/7 interviewPre-reqs are now showing up in applicant checklist - from previous posts I believe this means an incoming WL.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing on my end from 4/12 interview eitherWhich date did you interview? Nothing on my end from 4/7 interview
Maybe we will hear something later this week or next!Nothing on my end from 4/12 interview either
Pieceofmindthegap
Full Member
Interviewed 4/13 and I see prerequisites. So if you don’t see those, then it’s probably good news soon!
I see prereqs too but mine never disappeared in the first place. They have always been there.Interviewed 4/13 and I see prerequisites. So if you don’t see those, then it’s probably good news soon!
Last edited:
That’s very strange. I only see applicant checklist with required documents/examsI see prereqs too but mine never disappeared in the first place. They have always been there.
I see prereqs too but mine never disappeared in the first place. They have always been there.
premed_person
Full Member
Does anyone know when historically they start accepting people off the waitlist?
DrSeashell
Full Member
Alternate list. Interviewed 4/6
Pieceofmindthegap
Full Member
I have a question about pre-reqs and waitlist... if I’m missing pre-reqs should I take the pre-req over the summer at a community college? With the hopes of getting off the waitlist?? I didn’t realize how “required” the requisites are.
sciencegirl4655
New Member
Interviewed in December, got off the waitlist yesterday. Will not be taking the seat, hope one of you get it!
premed_person
Full Member
Bless you! Did they call you?Interviewed in December, got off the waitlist yesterday. Will not be taking the seat, hope one of you get it
sciencegirl4655
New Member
Yep, call first and then email with the same infoBless you! Did they call you?
TypicalpremedBore
Full Member
do you mind sharing your stats?Interviewed in December, got off the waitlist yesterday. Will not be taking the seat, hope one of you get it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Anyone know how big the waitlist is
Going to withdraw my A from here, hope it goes to one of you all!
catsarepotatoes
New Member
For everyone getting off the WL now or in the recent past, would you mind sharing the date of your interview as well?
tempaccount
New Member
Does anybody happen to know how they determine who to call off the waitlist? Is it by the date you interviewed? Or stats based?
Congrats Future Doctor!! Did you just get the call?Accepted! Interviewed 4/13, WL 4/26
Yes, about 40 minutes ago! Email came a few minutes afterCongrats Future Doctor!! Did you just get the call?
Also accepted!! Interviewed 02/02
Do you mind sharing your stats?Also accepted!! Interviewed 02/02
3.2 ugpa, 3.6 gradgpa, 510 mcatDo you mind sharing your stats?
nss923
Full Member
Would you mind sharing your stats as well? I interviewed on the same day and was also put on the waitlist 🙁Accepted! Interviewed 4/13, WL 4/26
3.5 cgpa, 3.3.science, 511. I just finished another semester of classes though and sent them my transcripts last friday, so that may have something to do with it!Would you mind sharing your stats as well? I interviewed on the same day and was also put on the waitlist 🙁
DrSeashell
Full Member
Will be withdrawing my waitlist spot. Got an instate MD acceptance today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? And, historically, how many get accepted off the WL?
The number of people on the waitlist seems to be unknown. Midwestern usually has a decent amount of WL movement but it varies from cycle to cycle.Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? And, historically, how many get accepted off the WL?
Seems like WL movement is coming soon based on todays email asking people for updates or to withdraw if no longer interested..
When did you get that email? I didn’t receive it
0932 Chicago Time from the director of admissions. Did anyone else get it?When did you get that email? I didn’t receive it
Similar threads
- Replies
- 117
- Views
- 39K
- Replies
- 371
- Views
- 97K
- Replies
- 411
- Views
- 98K
- Replies
- 223
- Views
- 56K
- Replies
- 574
- Views
- 128K