2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same with the pre-II R. I love chicago but at least have an A near home. Good luck future doctors!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can you all who received a pre-II R say when you were complete? I was complete in July or August and have received nothing from this school yet :/ ... Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you all who received a pre-II R say when you were complete? I was complete in July or August and have received nothing from this school yet :/ ... Thanks!!
I think you should reach out to show interest and to see if something is messed up in the system. My daughter had her secondary not go through at a different school. She emailed and they checked and she got the II the same day.
This school was very quick with their response. She interviewed and was accepted two days later.
Good luck to you!

Interviewed on 2/2, accepted on 2/18. I would love to talk to some other students who are planning on joining the class of 2025. I am a nontraditional student from California, nervous to make the move!

also wondering if anyone has any tips or common questions that are asked?!

Just got ii, complete in september. going to be withdrawing, hopefully it goes to one of you!

Interview Invite today! OOS but parents live in the Chicagoland area.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they have any admissions webinars or student Q&As for people who are going to interview?

II as well! Can a student who already interviewed give any advice? Also, how many 1 on 1 interviews are there and are they just ~30 min or so? Are the interviews more conversational or ethical based? Thanks!!

II as well! Can a student who already interviewed give any advice? Also, how many 1 on 1 interviews are there and are they just ~30 min or so? Are the interviews more conversational or ethical based? Thanks!!
1 interview that includes you, a professor, and a student for 30 minutes. Know why medicine, why DO, why CCOM and otherwise be yourself!

Reactions: 2 users
II today! Dates were in mid-April! It is safe to say I’m basically interviewing for the waitlist?

Just finished my interview portion, pretty comfortable and low stress, questions were mostly based off my CV or related back to it.

Just finished my interview portion, pretty comfortable and low stress, questions were mostly based off my CV or related back to it.
Did they say anything about these later interview dates only being for waitlisted positions or actual seats in the class? I am interviewing early next month and very curious. Thanks!

Did they say anything about these later interview dates only being for waitlisted positions or actual seats in the class? I am interviewing early next month and very curious. Thanks!
They didn't mention if this was the case

trying to see what is the earliest date that someone interviewed and is still waiting to hear back, responses will be appreciated!

Just withdrew my II, hope it goes to one of you guys!

I managed to change my interview from mid-april to mid-march lol. Do you think I'll be able to get in on this months decisions?
I'm just a random guy who interviewed so my guess is nothing more then a guess, but it looks like some people earlier in this thread did get really fast results if they interviewed later in the month. Fingers crossed we get our A's at the same time!

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or unranked?

I just got a call from downers grove and my poor heart about exploded only to realize it was spam ...

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I just got a call from downers grove and my poor heart about exploded only to realize it was spam ...
I got a spam call from Downers Grove in between breaks during interview day and thought I could have missed out on something lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
II today, interview dates were 3/23 and mid April

do they evaluate pre-ii candidates and post ii candidates altogether or is that separate?

do they evaluate pre-ii candidates and post ii candidates altogether or is that separate?
What do you mean exactly? Pre and post interview are different steps in the process. Pre interview, your application is evaluated to determine if you should receive an interview. Post interview, your application, now with the results of the interview, is evaluated to determine if you should receive an acceptance.

What do you mean exactly? Pre and post interview are different steps in the process. Pre interview, your application is evaluated to determine if you should receive an interview. Post interview, your application, now with the results of the interview, is evaluated to determine if you should receive an acceptance.
no what i mean is that when the committee comes together to see who is eligible for an interview, do they in the same day subsequently evaluate the candidates who have already interviewed (for an acceptance, waitlist, rejection). Or does the committee come together on a completely separate day to evaluate us post II peeps.