2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today!! Only April 19 available

Members don't see this ad.

odds we hear back this week?
I interviewed today and they said Admissions is meeting this week and we could possibly hear back by the end of this week, would guess this would include all of the March people so far.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed today and they said Admissions is meeting this week and we could possibly hear back by the end of this week, would guess this would include all of the March people so far.
what was the style of the interview? how many people did you interview with and how long was it? what was the vibe of it?

Members don't see this ad :)
what was the style of the interview? how many people did you interview with and how long was it? what was the vibe of it?
30 mins, I talked with an alum plus current student. Very relaxed and conversational style. Just know your resume/secondary and why medicine/DO

Reactions: 1 user
accepted too, interviewed 3/22! any current students on the thread that can answer some questions?

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 3/8 still waiting to hear back, congrats to the newly admitted folks

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In prior year's threads people talk about seeing the required prerequisites box appear on their applicant checklist as a sign they are WL'd. Anyone know if this is still the case or if they also see this section currently.

In prior year's threads people talk about seeing the required prerequisites box appear on their applicant checklist as a sign they are WL'd. Anyone know if this is still the case or if they also see this section currently.
I did have the prerequisite box appear so I guess that means most likely waitlisted

not sure, but where would this show up?
I do have the prerequisite box appear so I guess that means most likely waitlisted
could you attach a screenshot?

In prior years people talk about seeing them as an omen of WL such as (here). If it is still the case then Im pretty bummed about yet another WL
oh man, I feel you. As long as it isnt an R, we got a chance! Anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?

I also had the same box and interviewed mid-March. Pretty sad about this if WL is the case :(

• Care
Waitlisted moments ago. Will be withdrawing good luck to everyone

Waitlisted .. 519 with 3.8 science gpa from university of Michigan with hundreds of hours of volunteering and patient care as a caregiver and medical assistant with 4 legacy family members including grandpa and dad .. Am I just a big loser or what?

• Care
Waitlisted .. 519 with 3.8 science gpa from university of Michigan with hundreds of hours of volunteering and patient care as a caregiver and medical assistant with 4 legacy family members including grandpa and dad .. Am I just a big loser or what?
Ayy another Michigan person go blue. It’s easy to feel that way huh..guess it just speaks to how ridiculous this cycle is. Stay strong friend, lots of us are in the same boat!

def not a big loser man, your accomplishments speak for themselves.... I hope there is decent amount of waitlist movement this year... Good luck!!

• Care
Welp...after reading this I'm definitely going to get waitlisted LOL. And I haven't even interviewed yet

Are there any current MABS students waiting to hear if they got an interview?

Any current students on here that can talk about if this school offers any scholarships/ financial aid?

Any current students on here that can talk about if this school offers any scholarships/ financial aid?

People probably saw this already but some cool(ish) news is that midwestern is now ranked as #17 in primary care. Good to see some DO love!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is the interview via zoom or their own platform? I didn't see details on that anywhere and I want to make sure I am familiar with the platform and that it is compatible with my laptop/camera/wifi/sound etc.

Is the interview via zoom or their own platform? I didn't see details on that anywhere and I want to make sure I am familiar with the platform and that it is compatible with my laptop/camera/wifi/sound etc.
it's on zoom! good luck :)

Thank you very much! Yes I received an email confirming this. How did it go for you?
Overall, I had a good experience but my interview was definitely not perfect. I fumbled my words here and there and definitely talked a bit too much at certain points. However, the interviewers were very kind and responsive and two weeks later I got accepted! So definitely just be yourself, let the conversation flow, and have some solid questions prepared because you have around 10 minutes to ask. Also, review the ethical questions that people have submitted on the CCOM SDN because I had one from there and you will most likely get one.