2020-2021 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am very interested in AZCOM but I was concerned that their graduation rate was down to 86% last year, does anyone have any information about what caused this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are most AZCOM students wealthy w significant parental contribution bc taking out that much in loans sounds like a deep, scary black hole
lol

Are most AZCOM students wealthy w significant parental contribution bc taking out that much in loans sounds like a deep, scary black hole
lol
Either that or its peoples only acceptance im guessing. If you're truly passionate about medicine and its your only offer, hard to turn down. Technically you'd also be making physician salary 1 year earlier instead of reapplying for another year, so I hope it balances out. This is likely my only A and I'll take it. I dont have any student loans, but for people that did OOS undergrad and a masters, RIP

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
was placed on alternate after interviewing last week and have not heard of many folks over the last few days reporting acceptances. Wondering if they have "filled the class" so to speak and are putting most people on alternate or if i'm just disillusioned that my interview went well and I rlly thought I would get an A :( anybody else who interviewed last week get hit with the alternate status?

was placed on alternate after interviewing last week and have not heard of many folks over the last few days reporting acceptances. Wondering if they have "filled the class" so to speak and are putting most people on alternate or if i'm just disillusioned that my interview went well and I rlly thought I would get an A :( anybody else who interviewed last week get hit with the alternate status?
I have it on good authority there will be at least one seat opening up after Monday. Be patient.

Yeah I’m prob giving my spot cause it’s so expensive :( but then it’ll go to you so that makes me feel good!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I’m prob giving my spot cause it’s so expensive :( but then it’ll go to you so that makes me feel good!

I’ve got an acceptance from my state school too so will be declining this acceptance, but I’m kinda afraid to do it..

• Wow
Any student not from AZ wanna comment why they picked this school? When I interviewed all of the students were from AZ and picked this school to stay close to home

Members don't see this ad :)
Any student not from AZ wanna comment why they picked this school? When I interviewed all of the students were from AZ and picked this school to stay close to home
It really just comes down to your options. My options were either Touro, California & NYITCOM. Touro didn't have a good campus and I just didn't like the vibe of the faculty when I interviewed. NYITCOM was just too far from home and too cold. But Midwestern also hjas a good reputation and their match list seemed very competitive compared to other DO schools.

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my offer of acceptance! I hope it goes to one of you folks. Kind of bittersweet because I really liked the program overall, but the tuition is insane and I was thankfully admitted elsewhere closer to home.

• Love
Officially declined my A here today! Hope my spot goes to one of y'all. Good luck everyone : )

• Love
Does anyone know how much time AZCOM gives you for board prep at the end of the second year? I cannot recall if this was discussed in my interview

Declined my acceptance today. I hope someone on this thread gets good news tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

• Love
II! No email, it was just in my portal so make sure you check that frequently. Canadian, complete end of Sept.

Got placed on II waitlist !
Better than a rejection LOL

I walked away from my acceptance here yesterday. I'm torn between CCOM and PLFSOM. I enjoy this forum so I'll still be around. Cheering for all of you!

• Love
Officially withdrew my acceptance. It was a tough decision because I liked a lot of things about this school. Hoping my spot goes to one of you deserving students.

• Love
II Today, my first :cryi:! (also who sends these things after midnight lol) Completed late October, LM 70 oos, ORM

Seems like a lot of people are giving up their acceptances! Your sacrifices are immensely appreciated 😇

Reactions: 5 users
II at 2 am for me lol. LizzyM 70 and I was complete in early October. Dates were for throughout January. Very grateful and excited to see what this school is all about

I got an email from their pharmacy school saying things didn’t go my way for med and I should apply there. I never actually got a rejection from their med school but was notified that I was waitlisted to interview. Anyone else get this? I’ve already been accepted elsewhere so it’s fine but has this happened to anyone before?

I got an email from their pharmacy school saying things didn’t go my way for med and I should apply there. I never actually got a rejection from their med school but was notified that I was waitlisted to interview. Anyone else get this? I’ve already been accepted elsewhere so it’s fine but has this happened to anyone before?
Same

Got the same invitation this morning LOL. I have no interest in pharmacy though oof...

Same. Just got it. It reads as both a rejection and a generic message sent out to sucker people into a program. No feet not pills for me. I’m going to assume it’s a generic message.

This is my second time getting that pharmacy email. I think azcom is REALLY trying to tell me something

I already got the pre-II waitlist from several weeks back, but also got this email today.

As someone who is currently a retail pharm tech and understands the sinking ship for PharmD graduates, the email left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I already got the pre-II waitlist from several weeks back, but also got this email today.

As someone who is currently a retail pharm tech and understands the sinking ship for PharmD graduates, the email left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I agree with that as well. Also it’s really poorly worded.

“ Please note that your current waitlisted status with AZCOM will remain in effect even if you choose to submit this transfer application.”

What in the heck? So it starts off as sounding like a rejection, then a shameless self promotion when nothing in my application anywhere says I have any interest in pharmacy, then ends with a you are maybe not rejected? Really poorly constructed email.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you mind sharing your preference for CCOM over AZCOM
The primary reason is that I really loved the symptom/complaint based curriculum. AZCOM's traditional separations into subject classes just didn't hold the same appeal.

The primary reason is that I really loved the symptom/complaint based curriculum. AZCOM's traditional separations into subject classes just didn't hold the same appeal.
CCOM does block based? That is something I wasn't the biggest fan about with AZCOM

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, best of luck to everyone here

• Love
Does anyone know if they will be looking at February 1st MCAT scores as AAMC may cancel Jan Test dates due to Covid? Unfortunately, they are out of the office for the holidays today until January 3rd.

Hey Guys! Has a AZCOM class of 2025 FB page group been created yet? If not, should we start one?

I vaguely remember something about them returning $100 of the deposit when you withdraw after submitting the deposit. I am trying to find this information, but cannot. If someone can confirm this information or let me know where this information was given to us, I would highly appreciate it!

I vaguely remember something about them returning $100 of the deposit when you withdraw after submitting the deposit. I am trying to find this information, but cannot. If someone can confirm this information or let me know where this information was given to us, I would highly appreciate it!

This is all in the paperwork that you sign when you’re submitting the deposit. You have to send in a written letter saying that you will not be matriculating to AZCOM within 30 days of the start of classes. The deposit is only $200 and one of the lowest I have seen. AT Still Kirksville was 2k and you get none of it back 🥲.
Btw I only remember them speaking about this verbatim, not anything written during the interview day. Hope this helped.

I have a question- is it too late to submit a secondary here?

I have a question- is it too late to submit a secondary here?
I submitted late October and got an II a week ago. So turnaround is quick and probably will be even faster this late in the game. Also seems like a lot of people are dropping their A's and II's since they are getting accepted into better or cheaper schools. I would say go for it. I think secondary is only like like $50?

• Love
I submitted late October and got an II a week ago. So turnaround is quick and probably will be even faster this late in the game. Also seems like a lot of people are dropping their A's and II's since they are getting accepted into better or cheaper schools. I would say go for it. I think secondary is only like like $50?
Thanks also they are not looking at mcats this year right?

Thanks also they are not looking at mcats this year right?
I actually have no idea, maybe someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. This seems to be a more traditionally minded school, so my guess is they are looking at MCATs. I also have a good MCAT score, so I figure that may have played a role in my II (unless they like my personality 😇 )