2020-2021 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off of the waitlist on 05/06!!! Interviewed early January and was listed as top-tier. Manifesting for everyone else still waiting for a decision!!
Congrats! It seems like the WL is trickling through the top-tier folks. Wonder how many such folks exist?

I’m mid-tier, so I’m hoping for some mercy...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! It seems like the WL is trickling through the top-tier folks. Wonder how many such folks exist?

Not trying to be a downer, but as a fellow mid-tierer, I think our chances are quite slim.

I’d keep in mind the top 25 merged with the top tier so for those of us in mid tier May not see a lot of movement, but don’t lose hope since it’s not over yet :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d keep in mind the top 25 merged with the top tier so for those of us in mid tier May not see a lot of movement, but don’t lose hope since it’s not over yet :)
Oh dear. That is true.

I’m top tier but it looks like my chances are slim to none here now.

Is it too late to fill out the feedback session form?

Chances are slim - but not zero! It ain’t over til it’s over.

Def fill out the form. I’m sure they will work with you to provide the feedback. In my opinion, we can never have enough feedback. It helps us grow :) Plus the sooner the better so you can put any changes into action before a possible reapply.

Better than mine - I’m mid-tier!

That being said, movement is happening...and the May 15 purge hadn’t happened yet. On that day, folks can only keep one DO school, which could cause a mass exodus of folks as they go for other schools.

I'm just curious how much movement do you think there will be on the 15th?

I'm just curious how much movement do you think there will be on the 15th?
Hopefully a lot. Who knows though.

The 15th is the exodus after all. However, the pandemic has changed up the whole process a bit: more remote interviews overall.

Chances are slim - but not zero! It ain’t over til it’s over.

Def fill out the form. I’m sure they will work with you to provide the feedback. In my opinion, we can never have enough feedback. It helps us grow :) Plus the sooner the better so you can put any changes into action before a possible reapply.
form?

tomorrow’s the 15th, hopeful/nervous/fingers crossed for us WL’ers ❤️

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Even though tomorrow the 15th, I doubt they are going to sent stuff out on the weekend. Hopefully they will, but I think Monday is more realistic.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the details around the 15th date.
If you have an A do you have to withdraw all WL spots as well, and also what happens if you’re on multiple WL after the 15th and get pulled. Do you have to accept the first school who accepts you and withdraw the rest?

Does anyone know the details around the 15th date.
If you have an A do you have to withdraw all WL spots as well, and also what happens if you’re on multiple WL after the 15th and get pulled. Do you have to accept the first school who accepts you and withdraw the rest?
From my understanding. You can have all of the WL you want, but can only have 1 acceptance

I'm just curious, has anyone's tier changed? Like from middle tier to top tier? bc mine has remained middle tier this entire time.

Ok today's the 17th y'all. Did anyone hear anything? I guess this is it😭

Ok today's the 17th y'all. Did anyone hear anything? I guess this is it😭
It ain’t over til it’s over! People will hear back all the way until the first WEEK of class. If it was really over with Noorda, they would email us like some schools already have if their schools was full! Keep your hopes up!

It ain’t over til it’s over! People will hear back all the way until the first WEEK of class. If it was really over with Noorda, they would email us like some schools already have if their schools was full! Keep your hopes up!
If the schools are full, does that mean they solidified the student list? If so, where do they fill a slot if a student drops out in between now and orientation week?

If the schools are full, does that mean they solidified the student list? If so, where do they fill a slot if a student drops out in between now and orientation week?
I suppose by then they will have WL movement then as well but I believe it would be much smaller than a “wave” so to speak

I suppose by then they will have WL movement then as well but I believe it would be much smaller than a “wave” so to speak
Oh. So they’re betting that their students won’t ditch them for greener pastures?

Oh! That is true.

Man...I hope for movement, but who knows...
That’s the point of the deposit, but most people will give up that money to go to a more established school. So don’t loss hope yet.

unless you follow there Facebook page, and almost every person they posted on there has ties to Utah. I doubt those guys/girls would give up there spot for a different school.

That’s the point of the deposit, but most people will give up that money to go to a more established school. So don’t loss hope yet.

unless you follow there Facebook page, and almost every person they posted on there has ties to Utah. I doubt those guys/girls would give up there spot for a different school.

There is another DO school in Utah though - Rocky Vista, so that could potentially take away a few students. They are more established as a program after all.

Man...I'm OOS, so that does bite a bit. I do see that most of their accepted students are folks with ties to Utah. My state (CA) has mostly rejected me from the area...

For those waiting for WL movement, the FB group of accepted students dropped again from 87 students to 85. Hopefully that means movement is coming soon for some of you.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For those waiting for WL movement, the FB group of accepted students dropped again from 87 students to 85. Hopefully that means movement is coming soon for some of you.
As a former top 25er, I have all but given up, but you never know.

As a former top 25er, I have all but given up, but you never know.
There has been movement from the top tier level.

According to folks on the school’s GroupMe chat, the institution doesn’t just pick the next person on the list - they try to pick somebody who fits the profile of the individual who left.

There has been movement from the top tier level.

According to folks on the school’s GroupMe chat, the institution doesn’t just pick the next person on the list - they try to pick somebody who fits the profile of the individual who left.
I wonder what the intent of the tiers was then and if it just didn’t work out. It’s almost like it’s teirs based on applicant profile vs objective ranking.
They can do whatever they want, but it’s confusing.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder what the intent of the tiers was then and if it just didn’t work out. It’s almost like it’s teirs based on applicant profile vs objective ranking.
They can do whatever they want, but it’s confusing.
True...though I think you probably have a better chance to get in than the middle tiers (me) and lower tiers.

I frankly don’t know. This process bites.

True...though I think you probably have a better chance to get in than the middle tiers (me) and lower tiers.

I frankly don’t know. This process bites.
I just retook the MCAT lol. Hopefully on my next go-around I might get some more love from Noorda with a stronger MCAT. Who knows.

Reactions: 2 users
I just retook the MCAT lol. Hopefully on my next go-around I might get some more love from Noorda with a stronger MCAT. Who knows.
It's gotta be a significant jump, I retook and 2 point difference from 501 to 503 did not make a difference unfortunately.

I wish I could give one of you my MCAT score, I have no chance with my uGPA.

I wish I could give one of you my MCAT score, I have no chance with my uGPA.
I was accepted to my state school with a uGPA of 2.6. Granted, I’m a non-trad with a “good” story, but good things can happen even with fairly atrocious grades.

I was accepted to my state school with a uGPA of 2.6. Granted, I’m a non-trad with a “good” story, but good things can happen even with fairly atrocious grades.
I also have a 2.6 uGPA, 3.5 gGPA, 513, but in Florida the two DO state schools had a hard stop at 3.0, and I didn’t even try for MD, since they are 3.7-3.9 510-518 ish.

Wow! That is amazing.

My story is not that...well...good. My GPA isn't as low as that, but it is still below the par.

I also have a 2.6 uGPA, 3.5 gGPA, 513, but in Florida the two DO state schools had a hard stop at 3.0, and I didn’t even try for MD, since they are 3.7-3.9 510-518 ish.
Believe it or not the DO schools I applied to I had the least amount of luck with. I had more MD success, with the caveat that the one I eventually got into was my state school, and residents of the state obviously get preferential treatment.

Believe it or not the DO schools I applied to I had the least amount of luck with. I had more MD success, with the caveat that the one I eventually got into was my state school, and residents of the state obviously get preferential treatment.
MD schools jettisoned me fast. Then again, I’m a male Asian from CA - a deadly combination for lackluster applicants.

I just declined my acceptance here only because I already paid a deposit and housing deposit for another school. This would have been a nice change for me but unfortunately (or fortunately) other schools accepted me faster. I hope this seat goes to one of you deserving people! :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Spot of bad news: Apparently the wait-list isn't moving that fast, according to their admissions counselor. That doesn't bode well for those below the 25.

If things don't change, then this school is possibly sealed in stone regarding its students.

Spot of bad news: Apparently the wait-list isn't moving that fast, according to their admissions counselor. That doesn't bode well for those below the 25.

If things don't change, then this school is possibly sealed in stone regarding its students.
I'm just curious, did you email them? I mean with a class size of only 90 students and the fact that this year had more applications than ever. I'm not surprised that most people accepted their seat.

I'm just curious, did you email them? I mean with a class size of only 90 students and the fact that this year had more applications than ever. I'm not surprised that most people accepted their seat.
Yeah. I emailed them. They responded fast.

Wonder if we’re going to see movement towards the end? I kinda doubt it though...

Yeah. I emailed them. They responded fast.

Wonder if we’re going to see movement towards the end? I kinda doubt it though...
Hey dog my2c, I think you should move on from this cycle especially as a middle-tiered individual. This years waitlists are not going to go well due to the number issue as I mentioned months earlier. I would highly suggest speaking to adcoms about fixing your app/making things better/what ever is in your control. Very very, very unlikely that middle tier sees any movement.