2020-2021 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m hoping they are well under 90 and just being very careful to not go over. Probably not though, likely full booked and maybe a few will drop over the next few months.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m hoping they are well under 90 and just being very careful to not go over. Probably not though, likely full booked and maybe a few will drop over the next few months.
Well...hopefully schools pick off people in both the A and WL categories.

The deadline for just one school is on its way.

Atleast they reject post II and only interviewed for a few months.

I’m on a WL at a school who WL’s everyone who isn’t offered an A and they’ve been interviewing since September 😂
Noorda rejects post-II? I thought everybody who didn’t get an A just got waitlisted O_O.

Members don't see this ad :)
Noorda rejects post-II? I thought everybody who didn’t get an A just got waitlisted O_O.
I think Noorda rejected mostly during pre-II so there might not be as many R’s post II

I think Noorda rejected mostly during pre-II so there might not be as many R’s post II
True. I just wonder how many folks are on the WL.

I’m mid WL, so that concerns me due to the upper WL folks.

Reactions: 1 users
I gotta say that was a pretty lengthy form. Hopefully that means we get pretty tailored advice.

FB group went from 70 to 68. Iiiiiinnterstinng.

Reactions: 2 users
😂😂😂😂 whatever investigating you’re doing can not be healthy
Hey give Cptoveur credit where it’s due. That’s top-level dedication 😁

But next time, you need to give us a timestamp as to when the movement happened for record keeping purposes 🤪

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist? or has anyone's tier changed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist? or has anyone's tier changed?
are tiers supposed to change? I think this week is the deadline for the $3k for the batch that got accepted earlier this month. Could we see movement?

are tiers supposed to change? I think this week is the deadline for the $3k for the batch that got accepted earlier this month. Could we see movement?
maybe I'm wrong but I thought the deadline was March 15th so last week

maybe I'm wrong but I thought the deadline was March 15th so last week
No, I'm thinking of the 2 week deadline for the people that got accepted second week of March. They had 2 weeks from 3/9 (I think?) to submit their $3K. So that would be this coming week

Go to the aacomas website and look. I think it opens end of may; could be wrong
Thank you, do you think I have a chance at being accepted?

I have a 3.37 Cumulative GPA and 3.3 Science GPA.
I have 7 degrees, a Certificate in American Sign Language and I'm BLS-AED certified through the American Heart Association.
I have worked in a Burn Center for 5 years (Full Time) and in the past, I worked as a Pharmacy Technician for 1 year (Full Time).
I was also a COVID-19 Screener for 4 months (March 2020- June 2020).
I'm also a nontraditional student.

Last edited:
Thank you, do you think I have a chance at being accepted?

I have a 3.37 Cumulative GPA and 3.3 Science GPA.
I have 7 degrees, a Certificate in American Sign Language and I'm BLS-AED certified through the American Heart Association.
I have worked in a Burn Center for 5 years (Full Time) and in the past, I worked as a Pharmacy Technician for 1 year (Full Time).
I was also a COVID-19 Screener for 4 months (March 2020- June 2020).
I'm also a nontraditional student.
Just by GPA you’re right at what they posted for their first batch of applicants.

Did you take the MCAT?

Will be declining my A! Hope it goes to one of you guys on the WL! ◡̈

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Seems like they accepted all white in-state students and tried to diversify by accepting OOS minorities. I wish med schools would start taking the best candidates regardless of IS/OOS and race.
What data gives you that impression? I am OOS and not a racial minority. I am another kind of minority, though.

The accepted students they’ve introduced on social media thus far.

You’ve been responding to the questions/concerns/comments as if you’ve had an “in” this whole time. I don’t know how you’d know some of the “facts” you’d know without insider info. Unless you’re making assumptions ?
Woah... @MissRibeye has had open dialogue with the school and has been responding to people’s questions in an extremely helpful way.
Your claim is baseless. The people they introduced on social media are people that have voluntarily submitted their bios to be public. I’ve spoken to plenty of people that are accepted and also minorities. I know you’re upset you didn’t get in, but don’t go spreading false rumors

Last edited:
Seems like they accepted all white in-state students and tried to diversify by accepting OOS minorities. I wish med schools would start taking the best candidates regardless of IS/OOS and race.
You have to also consider Utah is 88% white. Also, Med schools can pick whoever they want, but this country has a huge need for minority Drs.

You’ve been responding to the questions/concerns/comments as if you’ve had an “in” this whole time. I don’t know how you’d know some of the “facts” you’d know without insider info. Unless you’re making assumptions ?
I think you may be interpreting my comments as having insider information (of which I have some, that's true...) or making assumptions, when really, I have been trying to course-correct the thread from misinformation and assumptions which are based on very little real data and/or do not fall in line with my experiences or conversations with leadership at this school.

If anything, I am trying to keep everyone from going off the rails before they really need to.

Let's maintain a healthy skepticism as well as patience. Let's allow things to unfold.

People and organizations reveal themselves for who they really are by their actions and their results. We haven't seen a lot of actions yet and almost zero results.

And wait, so you’re saying when others call admissions they don’t get adequate responses, but @MissRibeye does? That doesn’t make sense, yeah?
I am an accepted student that had some questions for admissions. They set up a zoom call with me and gave me a lot of time to exhaust all possible questions and concerns. That is it. This is a very common thing for accepted students.

You were answering questions before you were accepted. You either had insider info as you have already admitted, or you were giving info as if it were factual, yet only based on assumptions. Where’s the lie? Lol
Interesing! I would hope my answers were based on facts or I was clear in my writing that I was just guessing, but I wouldn't put it past myself to be imperfect. :D If so, I apologize!

When you were asked where do you get your impression from this was your response. That’s how we know you have not been accepted. If you were accepted you would have seen the Facebook group and known that your claims are baseless.

Schools are allowed to accept who they see fit. You’re attacking the school as if they owe you something.

@MissRibeye has only been trying to help others. She has not claimed to have all the answers

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I wish med schools would start taking the best candidates regardless of IS/OOS and race.
How do you know they didn’t take the best candidate and you just happened to not be one of them? That’s what I mean by they can accept who they see fit. I didn’t say WHO THEY WANT.

When Noorda started they said they want to keep more in state future physicians because a lot of them have to leave the state. Utah is 50th (?) in physicians that are women. They also said they wanted to change that.

Before applying to schools try to see what the school wants and see if you fit their mission and values.

Good luck as well.

What data gives you that impression? I am OOS and not a racial minority. I am another kind of minority, though.
+1...

Only a handful of students chose to post on their FB page.
Two of the first accepted students on their page were URM?
That theory doesn't hold water.

“I won’t be on this thread next cycle” can that be effective as of now? Thanks.

• Haha
lol I hope nobody was bothered by that prick. A quick google search shows them very active on the pre-dental threads so I’m not really sure what that was all about.

lol I hope nobody was bothered by that prick. A quick google search shows them very active on the pre-dental threads so I’m not really sure what that was all about.
Hes also from the UK. Of course it’s more difficult to get into an American medical school. He went from applying to dental school to medical school lol.

He’s asking people if they’re out of state when he should be asking if they’re Out Of Country applicant 😂

When someone lashes out without basis, all you can really do is feel sorry for them, because that kind of behavior is most often coming from a place of hurt and frustration.

---

In other news, I will be withdrawing my acceptance here for my local school, which just accepted me.

There are so many wonderful people on the waitlist, I'm so glad to make room for one of them!

I can't wait to hear about how Noorda plays out. There's a lot of courage behind what they are trying, and I have so much respect for people that are willing to try new things and iterate in order to solve some of the many problems in medical education. If it weren't so expensive and brand new, this would've been a lot harder of a decision for me.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
When someone lashes out without basis, all you can really do is feel sorry for them, because that kind of behavior is most often coming from a place of hurt and frustration.

---

In other news, I will be withdrawing my acceptance here for my local school, which just accepted me.

There are so many wonderful people on the waitlist, I'm so glad to make room for one of them!

I can't wait to hear about how Noorda plays out. There's a lot of courage behind what they are trying, and I have so much respect for people that are willing to try new things and iterate in order to solve some of the many problems in medical education. If it weren't so expensive and brand new, this would've been a lot harder of a decision for me.
After reading your response it’s not surprising to hear of your success of getting multiple As! You’re so mature and helpful — I definitely appreciate your efforts and asking questions for us and being so awesome in updating us. I wish you the best of luck as a future doctor!

• Care
I'm not an applicant, just lurking, but I am very interested to see the future of this school. It really sounds very exciting

---

Thanks so much for all the work you did in providing us with information about this school! We will miss you in this thread 😢

You guys might be interested in this! Interview with Noorda Admissions and what they are looking for in their students

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

You guys might be interested in this! Interview with Noorda Admissions and what they are looking for in their students

This was so incredibly informative. Loved it. Thank you for sharing!!!!!

One thing that caught my attention for this was them asking questions that could raise concerns for the applicant....

on my interview day, I had 3-4ish healthcare policy questions - I would like to know on what basis does this help them know am I a good “fit” and how well I do in med school. Lmao

• Haha
One thing that caught my attention for this was them asking questions that could raise concerns for the applicant....

on my interview day, I had 3-4ish healthcare policy questions - I would like to know on what basis does this help them know am I a good “fit” and how well I do in med school. Lmao
it can elucidate (1) you have some idea of one of the most important aspects of our healthcare system, of which you will be an integral part & (2) you know how to explore different sides of an issue, land on a side, and defend it calmly and maturely and not get flustered.

it can elucidate (1) you have some idea of one of the most important aspects of our healthcare system, of which you will be an integral part & (2) you know how to explore different sides of an issue, land on a side, and defend it calmly and maturely and not get flustered.

Yep. I had the same experience and I think that a part of it is to see how you do with difficult topics. These are real issues to consider/come across as a physician. It isn’t typically about a “right” answer but really about your ability to discuss the scope of some topics and be able to be thoughtful.

Moral of the story - don’t overthink it! It was likely more about our ability to handle difficult topics strategically and professionally. Which is an indication of our ability to be empathic, informed, critical thinkers.