2020-2021 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey dog my2c, I think you should move on from this cycle especially as a middle-tiered individual. This years waitlists are not going to go well due to the number issue as I mentioned months earlier. I would highly suggest speaking to adcoms about fixing your app/making things better/what ever is in your control. Very very, very unlikely that middle tier sees any movement.

I thought as much for Noorda. I’m on another waitlist as well...and I’m hoping that bears fruit. That one is for a more established institution.

...though I doubt it. Alas, my record is kinda stuck of sorts.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah most likely. The Noorda AdComs are active in the new and current cycle’s thread.

Agreed. I chatted with them and they seem to think that the class is pretty ironclad at this point. Not many, if any, people are jumping ship.

Hopefully next year bc its a class size of 135, It'll be a bit better. That's also just me hoping

Hopefully next year bc its a class size of 135, It'll be a bit better. That's also just me hoping

Medicine (and professional school in general) is getting more competitive by the year, especially since the economy is going to be on shaky ground post-pandemic.

You'll probably have lots of students flocking to school in the hopes of a stable job.

Medicine (and professional school in general) is getting more competitive by the year, especially since the economy is going to be on shaky ground post-pandemic.

You'll probably have lots of students flocking to school in the hopes of a stable job.
It takes years to prepare an application for medical school though.

Deader than disco regarding WL movement, I guess?

• Sad
The facebook group for accepted students has been moving at a rate of +/-1 or 2 people a week assuming that these are the people who are withdrawing and waitlist movement but yeah thats about it and people havent been updating online much. Nevertheless, miracles do happen. So have faith but at the same time keep improving and keep trying. Just remember that everything happens for a reason

The facebook group for accepted students has been moving at a rate of +/-1 or 2 people a week assuming that these are the people who are withdrawing and waitlist movement but yeah thats about it and people havent been updating online much. Nevertheless, miracles do happen. So have faith but at the same time keep improving and keep trying. Just remember that everything happens for a reason

Yeah. I have other plans, though it isn't medicine.

I'm mid-tier at this institution, so I'm sure there are plenty of folks in front of me.

• Care
Yeah. I have other plans, though it isn't medicine.

I'm mid-tier at this institution, so I'm sure there are plenty of folks in front of me.
I saw someone posted they were mid tier at another school and got pulled ahead of those in the top. As for this school, someone mentioned that noorda admin told them that whenever someone withdraws, they reassess the waitlist as to who they think best fits the profile. So at this point til august 2 anything can happen with a 1٪ probability, not much but still not 0. 😂 who knows that could be you.

Anyone that is year 1 at Noorda who has started, can you please PM me? Thank you :)