You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futurephysician74!
Full Member
Yes. I submitted my secondary on 24th, got the submission email right after. Then couple of hours later (on 24 itself) they sent me a complete email saying they received my CASPer score and now my application is complete.Does NEOMED send separate complete emails? How can we check our status?
Also, you can’t check the status, they will email you if you’re invited for an interview.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope. Coming on 1 month delayed from last year.Have they not sent out any interviews yet?
D
deleted885693
Hey everyone, current M2 here. Willing to answer questions, although my responses may be delayed. @Kwon1 , good to see you paying the help forward!
Haha yep, after what I've been through last cycle dont want anyone to experience what I've experienced
Thank you for sharing your experience.Haha yep, after what I've been through last cycle dont want anyone to experience what I've experienced
II received today! Complete 8/24, IS, LM 71, URM.
+1, Congrats!!! OOS no ties, 508, 3.71II received today! Complete 8/24, IS, LM 71, URM.
Seems like it's a one-way video interview where you record and submit your responses.Congrats!! What's the interview format look like for NEOMED?
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Similar in format to VITA?
Yup it seems similar, but it has to be completed in one sitting.Similar in format to VITA?
Seems like it's a one-way video interview where you record and submit your responses.
It's two 30 minute interviews with different people. NEOMED uses Zoom for everything so make sure you have the technology to run it. Interviewed recently since I applied early decision.
edit: this was not true for all applicants, only those who applied early decision. For the traditional admit pool, you have to record responses to interview questions.
Last edited:
Hmm.. My invitation email states the interview is not live, and I received instructions for the one-way interview process. Can anyone else confirm?It's two 30 minute interviews with different people. NEOMED uses Zoom for everything so make sure you have the technology to run it. Interviewed recently since I applied early decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm.. My invitation email states the interview is not live, and I received instructions for the one-way interview process. Can anyone else confirm?
My apologies. I'm new here and I thought II was roman numerals for secondary lmao. I had no clue it stood for interview invite. I thought I could provide clarification but ended up making this more confusing. Perhaps early decision applicants have to interview live for them, and regular applicants have to pre-record responses.
Does anyone know if NEOMED requires a separate Casper ID aside from AAMC. Under my account name there is a section to fill out a NeoMed ID. Contacted admissions and Casper but have not received a clear response. Attached a photo below. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
avidreader16
Full Member
That is also what it seems like to me! Sounds like you can record it anytime before the "assigned" interview date.Hmm.. My invitation email states the interview is not live, and I received instructions for the one-way interview process. Can anyone else confirm?
probablyrejected2020
Full Member
Does anyone know if NEOMED requires a separate Casper ID aside from AAMC. Under my account name there is a section to fill out a NeoMed ID. Contacted admissions and Casper but have not received a clear response. Attached a photo below. Thanks in advance!
What application/website is this? Casper? I don't recall seeing this ever.
Also congrats to those with IIs! Little disappointed to hear it's totally one-way. Last year I was in their first batch of interviewees (evidently not this year lol) and had a lot of fun; hopefully they can replicate the experience well with this new format.
Edit: spoke minutes too soon; just received II. I scheduled for the strange date/time of 11/02/2020 at 12:00AM lol so I'm assuming instructions detailing the one-way nature of the interview are to follow.
Given the single fall and spring interview dates available, I assume they will follow last year's trend of doing two rounds of non-rolling admissions (one in fall, one in spring). Therefore, I'd advise any interviewees not to rush to record their interview if they feel they aren't adequately prepared, since they'll likely all be reviewed at the same time toward the end of fall anyway.
Edit#2: Just a quick thing I noticed: last year their email stated less than 10% of applicants reach this stage; now the email reads that 10-15% of applicants reach this stage. Interesting that they expanded their interview number, as there was already plenty of room on the waiting list last year
Last edited:
II received
sleepytimes
Full Member
D
deleted964256
II IS complete 7/31!
desperate_premed
Full Member
II, IS, complete 7/31!
II!! First MD one ever!
Congrats to those that received interviews! Did you guys receive a complete email upon submitting your secondary? I submitted mine today and was just wondering if they automatically send one or if they take a couple of days
D
deleted964256
Congrats to those that received interviews! Did you guys receive a complete email upon submitting your secondary? I submitted mine today and was just wondering if they automatically send one or if they take a couple of days
Everything on my end was submitted on 7/31 but I didn’t get a complete email until 8/24.. lol.
sleepytimes
Full Member
Question to those interviewing: do we not have an official interview date? Do we only complete the virtual interview experience on our own time and that's it?
Looks like on the third/confirmation e-mail it says we can do it at any point.Question to those interviewing: do we not have an official interview date? Do we only complete the virtual interview experience on our own time and that's it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jwar79
Full Member
I got an email three days laterCongrats to those that received interviews! Did you guys receive a complete email upon submitting your secondary? I submitted mine today and was just wondering if they automatically send one or if they take a couple of days
mikey41500
Full Member
Just got II !!! LM~69 OOS URM
cap_2
Full Member
I'm not sure if my application is complete. I received a "secondary received" email a few weeks ago, which stated:
"The admission team will conduct a review of your AMCAS transcript level data to prepare your file for the next review stages. This will probably take anywhere from a day to a week, depending upon the current volume. We will send you a short update when that is complete."
I haven't received any update since, so I believe that means I still have to wait for a "complete" email...
"The admission team will conduct a review of your AMCAS transcript level data to prepare your file for the next review stages. This will probably take anywhere from a day to a week, depending upon the current volume. We will send you a short update when that is complete."
I haven't received any update since, so I believe that means I still have to wait for a "complete" email...
I'm not sure if my application is complete. I received a "secondary received" email a few weeks ago, which stated:
"The admission team will conduct a review of your AMCAS transcript level data to prepare your file for the next review stages. This will probably take anywhere from a day to a week, depending upon the current volume. We will send you a short update when that is complete."
I haven't received any update since, so I believe that means I still have to wait for a "complete" email...
+1 received this email on 09/03
D
deleted964256
I'm not sure if my application is complete. I received a "secondary received" email a few weeks ago, which stated:
"The admission team will conduct a review of your AMCAS transcript level data to prepare your file for the next review stages. This will probably take anywhere from a day to a week, depending upon the current volume. We will send you a short update when that is complete."
I haven't received any update since, so I believe that means I still have to wait for a "complete" email...
You will receive a complete email, correct.
II,OOS,ORM.
bumblebee140
Full Member
What is the VITA? If you dont mind me asking!interview invitation received. It is a recording format similar to the VITA.
Premed778
New Member
Does anyone who has received an interview know if we have to pay the $30 subscription fee to begin the interview questions?
For reference, this is the screen I get when I click on any of the interview questions. Not sure if I did something wrong in the registration, would appreciate any help.
Hi! Will I be able to message you about a few interview questions thanks!Current M1 here! was a traditional admit that went through the process last cycle and was an OOS with no ties in Ohio. I will be willing to answer any questions you may have!
Has anyone who has competed the interview confirm this? Not sure if I should email the admission office about this. Also we can complete this interview anytime right? Just before the November 11th deadline?View attachment 318614
For reference, this is the screen I get when I click on any of the interview questions. Not sure if I did something wrong in the registration, would appreciate any help.
D
deleted885693
yea! go right aheadHi! Will I be able to message you about a few interview questions thanks!
sleepytimes
Full Member
Getting the same payment screen!! Are we supposed to pay the $30?View attachment 318614
For reference, this is the screen I get when I click on any of the interview questions. Not sure if I did something wrong in the registration, would appreciate any help.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K