2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does NEOMED send separate complete emails? How can we check our status?

Members don't see this ad.

Does NEOMED send separate complete emails? How can we check our status?
Yes. I submitted my secondary on 24th, got the submission email right after. Then couple of hours later (on 24 itself) they sent me a complete email saying they received my CASPer score and now my application is complete.
Also, you can’t check the status, they will email you if you’re invited for an interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, current M2 here. Willing to answer questions, although my responses may be delayed. @Kwon1 , good to see you paying the help forward!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, current M2 here. Willing to answer questions, although my responses may be delayed. @Kwon1 , good to see you paying the help forward!

Haha yep, after what I've been through last cycle dont want anyone to experience what I've experienced

Reactions: 2 users
II received today! Complete 8/24, IS, LM 71, URM.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! What's the interview format look like for NEOMED?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like it's a one-way video interview where you record and submit your responses.

It's two 30 minute interviews with different people. NEOMED uses Zoom for everything so make sure you have the technology to run it. Interviewed recently since I applied early decision.

edit: this was not true for all applicants, only those who applied early decision. For the traditional admit pool, you have to record responses to interview questions.

Last edited:
It's two 30 minute interviews with different people. NEOMED uses Zoom for everything so make sure you have the technology to run it. Interviewed recently since I applied early decision.
Hmm.. My invitation email states the interview is not live, and I received instructions for the one-way interview process. Can anyone else confirm?

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm.. My invitation email states the interview is not live, and I received instructions for the one-way interview process. Can anyone else confirm?

My apologies. I'm new here and I thought II was roman numerals for secondary lmao. I had no clue it stood for interview invite. I thought I could provide clarification but ended up making this more confusing. Perhaps early decision applicants have to interview live for them, and regular applicants have to pre-record responses.

Does anyone know if NEOMED requires a separate Casper ID aside from AAMC. Under my account name there is a section to fill out a NeoMed ID. Contacted admissions and Casper but have not received a clear response. Attached a photo below. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2C7B921C-D566-41EF-8A5A-D7620C117B4E.jpeg
    2C7B921C-D566-41EF-8A5A-D7620C117B4E.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 104
That is also what it seems like to me! Sounds like you can record it anytime before the "assigned" interview date.

Does anyone know if NEOMED requires a separate Casper ID aside from AAMC. Under my account name there is a section to fill out a NeoMed ID. Contacted admissions and Casper but have not received a clear response. Attached a photo below. Thanks in advance!

What application/website is this? Casper? I don't recall seeing this ever.

Also congrats to those with IIs! Little disappointed to hear it's totally one-way. Last year I was in their first batch of interviewees (evidently not this year lol) and had a lot of fun; hopefully they can replicate the experience well with this new format.

Edit: spoke minutes too soon; just received II. I scheduled for the strange date/time of 11/02/2020 at 12:00AM lol so I'm assuming instructions detailing the one-way nature of the interview are to follow.

Given the single fall and spring interview dates available, I assume they will follow last year's trend of doing two rounds of non-rolling admissions (one in fall, one in spring). Therefore, I'd advise any interviewees not to rush to record their interview if they feel they aren't adequately prepared, since they'll likely all be reviewed at the same time toward the end of fall anyway.

Edit#2: Just a quick thing I noticed: last year their email stated less than 10% of applicants reach this stage; now the email reads that 10-15% of applicants reach this stage. Interesting that they expanded their interview number, as there was already plenty of room on the waiting list last year

Last edited:
Congrats to those that received interviews! Did you guys receive a complete email upon submitting your secondary? I submitted mine today and was just wondering if they automatically send one or if they take a couple of days

II! instate, 516/3.84. submitted 8/2.

Congrats to those that received interviews! Did you guys receive a complete email upon submitting your secondary? I submitted mine today and was just wondering if they automatically send one or if they take a couple of days

Everything on my end was submitted on 7/31 but I didn’t get a complete email until 8/24.. lol.

Question to those interviewing: do we not have an official interview date? Do we only complete the virtual interview experience on our own time and that's it?

Question to those interviewing: do we not have an official interview date? Do we only complete the virtual interview experience on our own time and that's it?
Looks like on the third/confirmation e-mail it says we can do it at any point.

II! IS 510/3.85 URM Complete 8/7

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email three days later

I'm not sure if my application is complete. I received a "secondary received" email a few weeks ago, which stated:
"The admission team will conduct a review of your AMCAS transcript level data to prepare your file for the next review stages. This will probably take anywhere from a day to a week, depending upon the current volume. We will send you a short update when that is complete."

I haven't received any update since, so I believe that means I still have to wait for a "complete" email...

I'm not sure if my application is complete. I received a "secondary received" email a few weeks ago, which stated:
"The admission team will conduct a review of your AMCAS transcript level data to prepare your file for the next review stages. This will probably take anywhere from a day to a week, depending upon the current volume. We will send you a short update when that is complete."

I haven't received any update since, so I believe that means I still have to wait for a "complete" email...

+1 received this email on 09/03

You will receive a complete email, correct.

interview invitation received. It is a recording format similar to the VITA.

Does anyone who has received an interview know if we have to pay the $30 subscription fee to begin the interview questions?

• Hmm
Does anyone who has received an interview know if we have to pay the $30 subscription fee to begin the interview questions?
4CCF533F-92AF-4FF1-8D61-C8EE3A850A46.jpeg

For reference, this is the screen I get when I click on any of the interview questions. Not sure if I did something wrong in the registration, would appreciate any help.

Current M1 here! was a traditional admit that went through the process last cycle and was an OOS with no ties in Ohio. I will be willing to answer any questions you may have!
Hi! Will I be able to message you about a few interview questions thanks!

View attachment 318614
For reference, this is the screen I get when I click on any of the interview questions. Not sure if I did something wrong in the registration, would appreciate any help.
Has anyone who has competed the interview confirm this? Not sure if I should email the admission office about this. Also we can complete this interview anytime right? Just before the November 11th deadline?

Secondary received today. I was certain I was headed for the reject immediately pile.

• Care
OOS II just now!!! My first II this cycle! Everyone else, please don't give up hope, it is still early in the cycle! :)

Last edited:
Interview invite today!

Invited for an interview! First of the year! OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any advice/tips for the virtual interview?

Last edited: