2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope, nothing for me

Members don't see this ad.

E-mail from NEOMED that they are not sharing waitlist positions this year (hinted because they got called out on going out of order last year). Lost a few points with me on that decision

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist. LOL. I live in the region Jim and am glad I'm not relying on an acceptance from here.

WLed in the fall and got really excited when I saw the email.. only to see that I’m still WLed lol. Not a big fan of an unranked WL

Reactions: 8 users
Waitlisted in the fall and again just now, not a great feeling

Reactions: 2 users
I was waitlisted too.
Don't fret too much my friends, there is still a lot of hope that the waitlist will cycle through fairly quickly as it has in recent years

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody can get double waitlisted in a school— wait, but me !

Reactions: 6 users
No one got R? It seems the school is waitlisting everyone

Waitlisted, with strong regional ties to the area. The waiting continues....

WL as well, disappointedly. However, I do appreciate that they let us know where we stand at this point in the cycle. I didn't really expect to be taken off the waitlist. After 3 more months of interviews it would only make sense to me that my position on the list would go down and not miraculously improve to the point of acceptance. Also, I am pretty sure they said in an earlier email that they would start pulling from this list in March-April, so I don't really see this as a double waitlist, just as an update.

Members don't see this ad :)
WL here too, which I totally expected based on what I'd heard! Looks like I'm in good company...

waitlisted and this was my only interview :(

now more waiting. extremely done with this cycle smh

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
WLed in the fall and got really excited when I saw the email.. only to see that I’m still WLed lol. Not a big fan of an unranked WL
Same, lol. Got that email and my heartrate skyrocketed....annnnnd still on the waitlist, haha.

Have some mercy, NEOMED. I'm an old man, my poor old heart can't take it.

neomed is really that type of school to send you *another* email to remind you that you’re still waitlisted from fall round of decisions

WHen you guys say you were waitlisted, does that mean the same thing as an alternate list? I am wondering because someone said they were on alternate list, and some of you said waitlist? I thought NEOMED only had an alternate list?

• Haha
Alternate list (or WL if they are the same thing idk)

are they just WLing everyone instead of R just in case and not giving us WL ranking? That's rude act of giving false hopes.

+1 WL, also, I was looking on AMCAS to ensure my phone number was correct (as in the email they say they use the phone number on file with AMCAS), and I could not find a spot for my phone number. The only section under 'contact information' in my account is email address. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to add my phone number or is this normal now? Sorry, can you tell I am somewhat stressed about this?

Waitlisted. The idea of not coming off this list is giving me angina. This was my only interview and my heart and knees can't take another cycle (I am old).

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. The idea of not coming off this list is giving me angina. This was my only interview and my heart and knees can't take another cycle (I am old).

Old people unite!

+1 WL, also, I was looking on AMCAS to ensure my phone number was correct (as in the email they say they use the phone number on file with AMCAS), and I could not find a spot for my phone number. The only section under 'contact information' in my account is email address. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to add my phone number or is this normal now? Sorry, can you tell I am somewhat stressed about this?

If you go into your actual AMCAS application, you can update your phone number in the 'Update Biographical Information' section, so that may be what you'd need to do. I would guess that if your email address is correct, that's probably the most important.

I'm with you on that!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
E-mail from NEOMED that they are not sharing waitlist positions this year (hinted because they got called out on going out of order last year). Lost a few points with me on that decision
I skimmed the update email and literally missed this the first time until I came here lol. That's a huge decision. It was really helpful for me last cycle to see that 300+ ranking to solidify my reapplication plans. I did think it was ridiculous when they went out of order, so I guess if they're going to pull "fluidly" from the interview pool there's not much point to having a ranking in the first place

I want my $20 for recording myself on my own computer back
I forgot we had to pay them to interview lol and then they had the audacity to say we should be grateful they're saving us money not having to go in person, as if every other school has not adopted virtual ways to interview at no cost to applicants. No wonder they send 10x the amount of IIs as necessary

can we talk about how odd it is for a school that takes as few traditional applicants as NEOMED does to interview and waitlist SO many people? like 400 WLs? sheesh. according to MSAR they accept 160/400 people off their WL. wild

• Love
can we talk about how odd it is for a school that takes as few traditional applicants as NEOMED does to interview and waitlist SO many people? like 400 WLs? sheesh. according to MSAR they accept 160/400 people off their WL. wild
I think "frustrating" barely captures my sentiment for NEO's process

Still radio silence for me. I was suppose to be a part of the fall decisions and have heard nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?

I think it's because of a couple factors:

-They don't know how many traditional applicant spaces they're going to have in a given year. If something ridiculous happens and all the Early Assurance people end up not getting high enough grades/MCATs, they still need to be able to fill those seats. They don't want to be sending out interview invites in May.

-As a traditional applicant, you're probably also applying to the other schools in Ohio. If you get into one of those, there's a decent chance you'll pick it instead (cheaper, closer to home, etc.), but they don't know for sure. So they have to add extra people to the list to account for people who are WLed, then accepted, but decline.

Given that, it makes sense to want a huge waitlist so they're not scrambling to fill spots even in a worst-case scenario. Yeah, as an applicant, it can be frustrating to be hanging out with the WL gang, but I see where they're coming from.

Sooo...was there only 1 *reported* A from our SDN fam?

• Wow
does NEOMED accept update letters / letters of intent for folks on the waitlist. I know they didn't before decisions but i'm wondering if that policy is different now that decisions have come out

does NEOMED accept update letters / letters of intent for folks on the waitlist. I know they didn't before decisions but i'm wondering if that policy is different now that decisions have come out
I don't think they do, basically for neomed, once you hit that secondary, they got all the info they will consider

Reactions: 4 users
They do not. I checked in with one of the admissions directors after the decision wave. Explaining their process, they said "You should remain optimistic in the knowledge that our admission practices are holistic. There are very few, if any, single items that impact a candidacy with finality, even while on the alternate list."
I would argue that updating how we've spent the past year since compiling our initial apps would make their view even more "whole" but ah well.
So, just don't worry about it because there's literally nothing we can do other than be patient and see what happens now.

They do not. I checked in with one of the admissions directors after the decision wave. Explaining their process, they said "You should remain optimistic in the knowledge that our admission practices are holistic. There are very few, if any, single items that impact a candidacy with finality, even while on the alternate list."
I would argue that updating how we've spent the past year since compiling our initial apps would make their view even more "whole" but ah well.
So, just don't worry about it because there's literally nothing we can do other than be patient and see what happens now.
honestly tho i kinda like that. i really dislike how some schools want letters of intent/interest/updates to show our interest.. like i paid 100 bucks to apply here and interviewed i’m pretty sure i’m invested lol.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
honestly tho i kinda like that. i really dislike how some schools want letters of intent/interest/updates to show our interest.. like i paid 100 bucks to apply here and interviewed i’m pretty sure i’m invested lol.

Yep, this is the correct take. Once you learn about the politics/anxieties current M4s face about whether or not they should send update letters, “You are my #1 program” emails, etc, you’ll wish that there was a hard cutoff for communication. Sending an application should be enough by itself to demonstrate genuine interest.

Are there people still waiting for any decision from NEOMED?

Are there people still waiting for any decision from NEOMED?
I’m still waiting. I wonder if anyone has heard back after Friday (2/19) when the waitlist emails went out. They said at the Q&A that decisions would be out by last Friday or early this week. Hopefully we hear back before the weekend.

EDIT: just got the waitlist email about 20 min ago (2/25 at 3:00 PM).

Last edited:
Has anyone made a group me or group for accepted students?
Not that I’m aware of, but I would be interested to join one! As long as it isn’t GroupMe. I want to delete it forever after my last job.

I’m still waiting. I wonder if anyone has heard back after Friday (2/19) when the waitlist emails went out. They said at the Q&A that decisions would be out by last Friday or early this week. Hopefully we hear back before the weekend.

EDIT: just got the waitlist email about 20 min ago (2/25 at 3:00 PM).
Man, I am still waiting and I was suppose to be part of the Fall decision.

• Care
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
When do you think they will start picking from the wait list? I think March?

• Hmm