2020-2021 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any updates on the WL so far?
As of Monday they had 30 off the list and at least 1 more this week, but I haven’t heard of any other significant movement after the cte. Perhaps someone else on here has....

Members don't see this ad.

As of Monday they had 30 off the list and at least 1 more this week, but I haven’t heard of any other significant movement after the cte. Perhaps someone else on here has....
So has it been 30 people off WL since they sent the letters out in March?

I heard this week they accepted 5 people from what I know

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist today. My mom is a doc in Tulsa. She was in the AICU and has been telling her coworkers about my app cycle. She called me and they all cheered. This is cheesy but I'm actually lowkey crying.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! Are you doing okc or Tulsa?
Accepted off the waitlist today. My mom is a doc in Tulsa. She was in the AICU and has been telling her coworkers about my app cycle. She called me and they all cheered. This is cheesy but I'm actually lowkey crying.

Congrats! Are you doing okc or Tulsa?
Thanks! Accepted to OKC! Not sure if I'll take it yet though because of the high OOS CoA, but just very grateful for the acceptance!

Congrats on the acceptance!

I emailed today, 36 have been taken off the list so far. Thought my fellow waitlisters would like to know!

Reactions: 5 users
If we're accepted OOS off the waitlist, do we have a shot at solid financial aid? I love this school and am excited to move back to OK, but OOS CoA is a quite a lot!

If we're accepted OOS off the waitlist, do we have a shot at solid financial aid? I love this school and am excited to move back to OK, but OOS CoA is a quite a lot!
What I’ve seen is basically getting offered the CoA. Idk if it’s different for anyone else. The scholarship deadline unfortunately passed

Members don't see this ad :)
What I’ve seen is basically getting offered the CoA. Idk if it’s different for anyone else. The scholarship deadline unfortunately passed
Well, darn. That's a bummer. Thanks!

It really just depends. I’m fairly certain they have some financial aid options for those late. One option is they give you in state tuition. I do know someone that received a merit scholarship off the waitlist but idk when they were accepted. OU is so worth it

It really just depends. I’m fairly certain they have some financial aid options for those late. One option is they give you in state tuition. I do know someone that received a merit scholarship off the waitlist but idk when they were accepted. OU is so worth it
Thanks for the hope! Know several OU alums and they all loved it. Hopefully, there's some way to make this financially feasible.

Any update on the list lately? I emailed with no response.

Any update on the list lately? I emailed with no response.
Like I said 36 off the list as of Thursday afternoon, and thankfully I also got my acceptance after asking that day! So I’m guessing they might be around 40 off the list as of today

Reactions: 1 users
to anyone who was accepted off the waitlist recently (congrats!): were you still able to choose between OKC and SCM?

I received an email form OU that they will not give out any numbers on the waitlist and it is against FERPA laws, so anybody assuming 40 on the waitlist is not true. All folks on waitlist just be patient and don't assume anything, at the same time prepare for your next MCAT just in case. Good Luck you all.

I received an email form OU that they will not give out any numbers on the waitlist and it is against FERPA laws, so anybody assuming 40 on the waitlist is not true. All folks on waitlist just be patient and don't assume anything, at the same time prepare for your next MCAT just in case. Good Luck you all.
lol i have never heard that one before. im skeptical of that actually violating FERPA

If you, email Dr. Shaw directly, she will let you know how many have come off the waitlist. If you only email OU admissions, they will say they are not allowed to tell you. I do not understand why everyone is not on the same page, but I do know that Dr. Shaw will tell you.

For anyone who has recently looked at SDN, I created a waitlist groupme with a few of us awhile back. Feel free to join :)
GroupMe

Ya I second snh21, don’t think that’s true either lol. The 36 off wasn’t a guess, it was what Dr. Shaw said. Anyway as of last week they were still offering both tracks, so hopefully that means there’s still more spots to go for some of you!

got in yesterday!! keep faith, there will be movement till mid July. SCM is full, OKC is still in the hunt.

Reactions: 5 users