2020-2021 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students speak to how many merit scholarships are given out / how much the average scholarship is for?? They sent out the app today and I’m nosy and want $$$ lol

Members don't see this ad.

Can any current students speak to how many merit scholarships are given out / how much the average scholarship is for?? They sent out the app today and I’m nosy and want $$$ lol
Merit scholarship are done by a committee. As far as I know, they can be full ride or something like 2/3rds or 1/3rd of tuition. I believe there are also in state tuition scholarships. The general scholarship app that you got is something else entirely. I don’t know the amounts for the that as I didn’t get one.

Reactions: 1 user
Merit scholarship are done by a committee. As far as I know, they can be full ride or something like 2/3rds or 1/3rd of tuition. I believe there are also in state tuition scholarships. The general scholarship app that you got is something else entirely. I don’t know the amounts for the that as I didn’t get one.
Thank you!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
With today being the last day schools can admit a number of students equal to their number of seats (per the AAMC Traffic Rules) I was hoping I would get a decision today. Do we think that OU has already admitted 165ish students?

If we would be getting a merit scholarship, would we have heard back by now, or do they announce them at a later time?

Congrats to all those accepted, and fingers crossed for those waitlisted! We are trying to get the Class of 2025 GroupMe started. The link to join is below. Can't wait to meet everyone in person when classes begin!

You're invited to my new group 'OUCOM 25' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey so I've been thinking about how the OU acceptances work and I got a bit confused so if someone can explain it I'd appreciate that! I don't get how the holding multiple acceptances thing works...so basically lets say they offer multiple people an acceptance at both tracks, isn't there a chance they get too many people saying yes to one track over the other? Or do they limit that number, leaving a possibility for empty spots after everyone chooses?

For example, let's say they have 10 spots open at OKC and 3 at SCM. Would they offer 13 people an acceptance at both tracks leaving open the possibility that all 13 pick OKC ("overbooking" OKC) or do they give 10 people the option of both (underaccepting), then leaving 3 acceptances for the next people, who would come off a waitlist. Because the way I understood it is that some people hold a spot at both tracks until they chose one, usually after that 4/30 deadline, so the school doesn't have a final idea of who's going where really till then, and if the school does the underaccepting thing it means they don't really have a full class yet, right? Sorry for the complicated post, I was just overthinking this and thought someone here might know more about it!

If we would be getting a merit scholarship, would we have heard back by now, or do they announce them at a later time?
I found about my merit scholarship around this time last year. It was then increased a month or so later. I imagine with "everything" these decisions are delayed

Hey so I've been thinking about how the OU acceptances work and I got a bit confused so if someone can explain it I'd appreciate that! I don't get how the holding multiple acceptances thing works...so basically lets say they offer multiple people an acceptance at both tracks, isn't there a chance they get too many people saying yes to one track over the other? Or do they limit that number, leaving a possibility for empty spots after everyone chooses?

For example, let's say they have 10 spots open at OKC and 3 at SCM. Would they offer 13 people an acceptance at both tracks leaving open the possibility that all 13 pick OKC ("overbooking" OKC) or do they give 10 people the option of both (underaccepting), then leaving 3 acceptances for the next people, who would come off a waitlist. Because the way I understood it is that some people hold a spot at both tracks until they chose one, usually after that 4/30 deadline, so the school doesn't have a final idea of who's going where really till then, and if the school does the underaccepting thing it means they don't really have a full class yet, right? Sorry for the complicated post, I was just overthinking this and thought someone here might know more about it!
IIRC, when you "accept" your acceptance at OU, you have to pick a track. So you cant really hold onto them until after 4/30. OU will almost certainly underaccept. Vast majority of schools do. That is why there is a WL

IIRC, when you "accept" your acceptance at OU, you have to pick a track. So you cant really hold onto them until after 4/30. OU will almost certainly underaccept. Vast majority of schools do. That is why there is a WL
Oh I see, I thought that people were able to hold on to both tracks till after the aamc commit to enroll date. I guess that means people just come off the waitlist along the way. Thank you for answering!

Has everybody heard back, or are there still people who haven't received a decision on whether they were A, WL, or R?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone think it matters what time you get the waitlist email? I don’t think it does but I’m worried now hahaha

anything accepted students would like to hear about/see during 2nd look day and the 1 on 1 tours?

Wait, did you get the A?!?!
Yeah, got off the waitlist
My email was originally sent March 10, 3:35 PM
Today at 2, that changed.
Both tracks offered

Last edited:
Yeah, got off the waitlist
My email was sent March 10, 3:35 PM
Both tracks offered
Dang, congratulations! That's awesome!
Edit: it can't be in order then. I rec'd the email at 3:23 on 3/10!

Anyone know how the match went for OU this year? I can’t find anything on the site

Would anyone be down for a waitlist groupme?

I got accepted! also a 3:35 PM email

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 users
You're invited to my new group 'OU MED WAITLISTED' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Anyone know how the match went for OU this year? I can’t find anything on the site
We got the OU Tulsa match list but I haven't seen OKC's yet.
I'm also not sure how they show the data. Like is everyone who applied on there, or just the people who successfully matched...

Kind of off topic but does the OU OKC campus get stethoscopes like the SCM campus does?

Has anyone gotten a merit scholarship yet? My friend who's a current MS1 said he got an email about his merit scholarship around this time last year, so I was curious if anyone had gotten that email this year!

Has anyone received an email or anything after signing up for the reapplication workshop?

I have not, 0 clue if it's in person or online and what exactly this is in general lol
Id expect zoom. I will say, that if you really want to attend OU and plan on applying next year, then you should def attend the reapplicant workshop. I have never heard of anyone getting rejected again. One of just a handful of schools in the country that will do this for you. So I would take advantage

Reactions: 3 users
Id expect zoom. I will say, that if you really want to attend OU and plan on applying next year, then you should def attend the reapplicant workshop. I have never heard of anyone getting rejected again. One of just a handful of schools in the country that will do this for you. So I would take advantage
Do we need to prep for it, like review our app first? Also should we dress formally like for the interview?

Do we need to prep for it, like review our app first? Also should we dress formally like for the interview?
I doubt it and I have no idea. Probably wouldn't hurt to be business casual at leeast

I just heard back about the workshop, it’s on zoom and you have to write a small thing about how you feel your interview went and strengths and weaknesses in your app from ur perspective. Also, it’s business casual and you speak to your board member.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I second this! I think they even said that at my workshop: if you attend and do what they recommend, they've never had someone NOT get in the next year.
So yes, definitely go to this if you plan on reapplying!

On the topic of scholarships, does anyone know if getting in after a waitlist greatly diminishes your scholarship/financial aid opportunities? Been worried about this lately!

On the topic of scholarships, does anyone know if getting in after a waitlist greatly diminishes your scholarship/financial aid opportunities? Been worried about this lately!
I was accepted off waitlist earlier but I know scholarships apps for everyone accepted is 4/30 is how that affects people coming off the waitlist after 4/30

Just got an acceptance to the SCM route. It was sort of an unexpected thing (long story). Any current students willing to pm me (prefer to talk over the phone) and give me an insiders opinion on the school? I only know what I've read on the school websites and from lurking on forums but it would be cool to get an unfiltered run down of the good, the bad and the ugly.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know if ou rejects people from the waitlist before Aug. 1 or do they keep all 90 spots active on the waitlist until then?

Does anybody know if ou rejects people from the waitlist before Aug. 1 or do they keep all 90 spots active on the waitlist until then?
They told us at the workshop that they do trim the list as it gets closer to August. So if some people are at the bottom and OU knows there’s no way they’ll accept from the bottom of the list that year, they’ll start sending rejection emails to those bottom applicants, probably in late June and July.

Just got an acceptance to the SCM route. It was sort of an unexpected thing (long story). Any current students willing to pm me (prefer to talk over the phone) and give me an insiders opinion on the school? I only know what I've read on the school websites and from lurking on forums but it would be cool to get an unfiltered run down of the good, the bad and the ugly.
PM me! I'm an MS1 at SCM