2021-2022 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviews are given on a rolling basis, based on MCAT and GPA, with higher thresholds for OOS
Just out of curiosity, when did you interview when you were going through your app cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite via email today. Wooh! Nontraditional, in-state, complete 07/30, lower stats.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When does OU start sending Acceptances?

I think many people received their decisions on Dec. 17th last year, but it's common for a few people from each interview day to hear back within a week of interviewing!

Reactions: 1 user
As an OOS applicant who is very interested in living in this area and has significant ties, would a letter of interest be a good idea? I have not received an interview at this time but am afraid I will be screened out because I'm OOS, though this is one of my top choices (if not my top choice). If so, where should an LOI be sent?

Reactions: 1 users
As an OOS applicant who is very interested in living in this area and has significant ties, would a letter of interest be a good idea? I have not received an interview at this time but am afraid I will be screened out because I'm OOS, though this is one of my top choices (if not my top choice). If so, where should an LOI be sent?
Wouldn’t hurt at all. Maybe try here [email protected]

I submitted my AMCAS on 9/28, got an II on 10/15, and interviewed on 11/18. Good luck to everyone!

For those of you who interviewed last week, we should hear back before winter break starts.

Any tips for the SCM track interview?

With their focus on community medicine, it would be a good idea to think about answers that pertain to that. I think I talked a lot about how we need to understand and take care of communities as a whole just as much as the individuals there, what I learned about our local community's health from volunteering at a free clinic and patterns I saw in those patients, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
With their focus on community medicine, it would be a good idea to think about answers that pertain to that. I think I talked a lot about how we need to understand and take care of communities as a whole just as much as the individuals there, what I learned about our local community's health from volunteering at a free clinic and patterns I saw in those patients, etc.
Really couldn’t have said it better. Only thing I’d add is to be sure to show interest. Generally, it’s a more relaxed interview

When should I get worried? I was complete July 15th. 503 and 3.8 IS. Solid ECs and LOR

No II and multiple people with similar stats have gotten them and are scheduled for late January.

When should I get worried? I was complete July 15th. 503 and 3.8 IS. Solid ECs and LOR

No II and multiple people with similar stats have gotten them and are scheduled for late January.
I was sent interview invites on December 4th and 11th the last two cycles. Hope that helps. Good luck and stay positive!

I had a 3.6 cGPA? I think and a 501 MCAT I got an interview invite December 23rd there’s still time

Also last interview doesn’t mean you won’t be accepted!!! I was waitlisted for 10days and accepted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any OOS who got IIs? Also, What kind of threshold for stats is expected for OOS? I have an MCAT score of 514 and a GPA of 3.8
Per MSAR data, 514 on the MCAT and a GPA of 3.8 are both 25th percentile for OOS applicants who were *accepted*. This may sound discouraging at first, but remember, that means that a QUARTER of the entire accepted students who were OOS had the same, or lower, stats compared to you.

Based on my calculations from MSAR data, only 1.43% of OOS applicants are granted IIs so you will need strong ties to Oklahoma and high stats to be considered for an interview at OUCOM. Hope that helps give you an idea. Stay positive -- there are plenty of OOS applicants who get interviews!

Anyone hear back yet? After looking at previous cycles, it seems like most applicants who interviewed in October and November heard back between December 7th and December 17th.

II just now! Completed early August

Reactions: 2 users
At my SCM interview yesterday they said expect to have some sort of decision by Jan 1.

the oucom academic calendar says that winter break starts the 18th - I would expect to hear by the 17th based on what they said during interviews... the time is near!

Sending positive vibes to everyone who is waiting to hear back during finals week 👏🏼 It would be amazing to get accepted right before Christmas.

Deferred as well

Can someone clarify a deferred status at OU? I didn’t even know they did that.

Its ok to sad getting deferred isn't fun especially right before Christmas but this just means you have to wait a little longer for your decision! You guys have gotten so far don't give up you all got this!

Can someone clarify a deferred status at OU? I didn’t even know they did that.
It means that you were not accepted or rejected. The OUCOM Admissions Committee will review your application and others later, once more applicants have interviewed. You’ll hear back in March with either an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection decision.

OUCOM not accepting updates really feels like a disadvantage for interviewing early. Since my interview, I've added a hopeful 4.0 semester (including Physics 1), completed a Family Medicine Preceptorship, and started volunteering with the Crisis Text Line, but I can't send an update letter because they don't accept them; but if I interviewed later I could at least have had the opportunity to add these things.

So why did so many of us just get deferred?
I felt like my interview was okay, not amazing, but solid.
My MCAT is 510, so not stellar or anything, but I was pretty proud of that score and thought it would be enough.

Reactions: 4 users
My MCAT is 510, so not stellar or anything, but I was pretty proud of that score and thought it would be enough.
same for me. I think they only take 60 for the first round so only the outstanding candidates.

Same here... 2 point lower score of an MCAT, but really felt like that my interview went well. Not amazing, but probably as close to it as I could say. I know it's not it, but waiting till march now just puts a wrench in for what I had hoped to do with my last semester of college.

Same here... 2 point lower score of an MCAT, but really felt like that my interview went well. Not amazing, but probably as close to it as I could say. I know it's not it, but waiting till march now just puts a wrench in for what I had hoped to do with my last semester of college.
Well dang… fingers crossed for all of us! people get pulled off the waitlist all the time, maybe we will be one of those lucky people

Pre II R just now. OOS, 3.7x and 509 with family ties to the state and rural ECs. Disappointed but frankly not surprised I didn't realize how high their OOS stats are

Pre II R just now. OOS, 3.7x and 509 with family ties to the state and rural ECs. Disappointed but frankly not surprised I didn't realize how high their OOS stats are
Same. Feels bad. GG's I guess!

A ton of people waitlisted/deferred get in. I don’t have an estimated number or percentage but it is a lot. Don’t lose hope!

Reactions: 6 users