2021-2022 Oklahoma

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how many have been pulled off waitlist in previous years recently?
There were at least 10 in my class a few years ago. Likely a few more. 65 on the WL seems higher than what I’ve heard the total was in previous years. I don’t know if that’s due to an increased number of applicants or that they expect more movement.

Folks have to commit to enroll soon so hopefully y’all will see some movement in a few weeks
 
As a current MS1 that was waitlisted and accepted OUCOM does take a lot of people off of the waitlist! They can starting taking people off tomorrow! I was taken off about ten days after I was placed on it and there is a guy in my class that wasn’t taken off til like late July/early august. There’s still so much time before prologue, make sure to attend you reapplicant workshop so that if you aren’t accepted you can comeback next cycle stronger! Goodluck everyone!
 
Does anyone know how to find the reapplicant workshop?

And when it is?
The year I was rejected, my rejection email had information about the re-applicant workshop, although I don't know how they're doing it now. The workshop took place near the end of March.
 
Does anyone know how it works with the SCM and being waitlisted currently? I'm assuming being waitlisted means you are waitlisted for both tracks or?
 
Does anyone know how it works with the SCM and being waitlisted currently? I'm assuming being waitlisted means you are waitlisted for both tracks or?
If you're waitlisted, you're waitlisted for both tracks (regardless of if you applied to both initially). As a spot opens up at either campus, you can be accepted. If you didn't apply for SCM initially, you'll have to still do an SCM interview to be accepted.
 
Waitlisted with a 514 MCAT on Thursday.
I don't want to get my hopes up but I got a missed call from OUHSC Friday, and when I called back they said they'd call me on Monday. Does anyone know what this could be for?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted with a 514 MCAT on Thursday.
I don't want to get my hopes up but I got a missed call from OUHSC Friday, and when I called back they said they'd call me on Monday. Does anyone know what this could be for?
I didn’t even get a phone call when I was accepted haha
 
Congrats! What time did you get your waitlist email?
3/3 3:16 (edit) Totally did not expect movement so soon. I am just guessing but, if there's movement already, then does that mean OK does not give out over-acceptances (or at least not many)? This may bode well for the waitlist. Praying for all of you, I've been silently lurking all year too and know the feeling!
 
is there anyone else out there in SDN land who did NOT get a reapplication workshop link in their waitlist email? It seems like most people did… I guess I need to call admissions today to see about signing up.
 
is there anyone else out there in SDN land who did NOT get a reapplication workshop link in their waitlist email? It seems like most people did… I guess I need to call admissions today to see about signing up.
i think they said you get it after being rejected. you're still in the race!
 
i think they said you get it after being rejected. you're still in the race!
is there anyone else out there in SDN land who did NOT get a reapplication workshop link in their waitlist email? It seems like most people did… I guess I need to call admissions today to see about signing up.
There were a lot of waitlisted applicants at my workshop. Email them about it, really valuable information if you do have to reapply (fingers crossed you don't though)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure if this is anything some of the current students at OU might know, but traditionally how much movement is there typically at OU around the April 30th deadline? I know that people have been saying it is the main time for movement, but there has been plenty of movement already. Just trying to figure out what might be an amount to expect, even if I know that it heavily varies every cycle.
 
Does anyone have experience deferring OU or know how strict OU is on their deferral / delayed matriculation policy?