2022-2023 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed with COM last month and SCM this week. They told us to expect a response by mid-March so I assume that will kind of be their last big group decision timeline and then it would be random waitlist after that? Because I think they only have a couple more weeks of interviews… I was trying to remember the available dates when I scheduled mine and there weren’t many left if I remember correctly.
Final decisions came out for us in mid-March, and then usually there is a waitlist made and there's usually some quick movement on that (for multiple reasons) followed by a bit of a dead-period until May when people need to cut the amount of schools they have down to one.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been on a pre-interview hold for a while now. Does anyone know if OU accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email? I do not see anywhere in the portal to upload documents. Thank you for the help!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but historically, OU is done offering interviews by now. Any future interview dates were IIs scheduled in Dec/Jan. It's been a few years since I applied, so maybe it's changed. But I don't think they are still sending out IIs at this point.
If you have a major update, like an MCAT score change, you can email admissions and maybe get an interview, but they will ignore a LOI.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the last interview day is? I am trying to get a better idea of when deferred people will get news.
I wasn't really going to comment because I wasn't sure if we were able to, but as FacialNerveFan pointed out, OU is done offering interviews and there aren't anymore scheduled as of right now. You likely won't get news until March when they send out decisions at one time for both the deferred and january interviewees. From there, you either get an A, a WL, or a R.

Edit: I stand corrected, guess they got back on track with timing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I got the A this week, they gave me a phone call.

I think the interviews finished sometime last week or so I was told when I took a tour at one of the campuses. I would assume they are getting ready to finalize the class list as much as they can at this point. Needless to say I am absolutely thrilled and this was my top choice so I'll see everyone this fall.

EDIT: I also heard that they only interviewed at OKC until December this cycle, the rest of the interviews seem to have been at SCM. Admissions has been really on the ball this year I think (from admittedly anecdotal evidence).

Reactions: 5 users
I got the A this week, they gave me a phone call.

I think the interviews finished sometime last week or so I was told when I took a tour at one of the campuses. I would assume they are getting ready to finalize the class list as much as they can at this point. Needless to say I am absolutely thrilled and this was my top choice so I'll see everyone this fall.

EDIT: I also heard that they only interviewed at OKC until December this cycle, the rest of the interviews seem to have been at SCM. Admissions has been really on the ball this year I think (from admittedly anecdotal evidence).
Congrats! When did you interview? I did not think they usually get back to people until March, thats great news though

Congrats! When did you interview? I did not think they usually get back to people until March, thats great news though
I interviewed at the end of November and beginning of December for OKC and SCM respectively. I think COVID changed the time line from the usual February decisions. In the 201X years in previous threads a lot of members received their final status in February. Obviously COVID combined with the massive surge of applicants caused the time line to shift to March. But like I said (to my uninformed knowledge) they didn't even send out any interview invites this year past December so I think everything was running on time or ahead of schedule.

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted post-interview. Feeling a bit crushed.

Does anyone know what my chances might be? They said 50 people are on the waitlist which seems like not that many, but I'm not sure how much movement there is usually.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

Does anyone know what my chances might be? They said 50 people are on the waitlist which seems like not that many, but I'm not sure how much movement there is usually.
+1

• Care
I got the acceptance on Wednesday with a choice of campus! Secondary 8/10, COM interview 1/22, SCM interview 1/31. I'm so excited to join SCM in the fall!

IS 50X 3.8X
Non-traditional with lots of volunteering and relevant work experiences

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

I hear waitlist movement is fairly good. WillOfTheSon or any admitted student currently can probably share more insight to the exact class make up. But in the past SDN threads it usually seems like its pretty fluid. AMCAS choose your medical school deadlines are coming up. So on each step there will probably be some spots open up. Then at the final decision day sometime in April or May there will be more movement. Lots of trickling in over the summer as well. I will say admissions can vary year to year even before COVID some years have better yield than others, so we may have a good amount this year.

I wish everyone luck I know it can be crushing like you said. I know OU doesn't accept updates after deferrals, though I'm not sure their policy on letters of intent/interest and updates after waitlisting. I would check into it, and to quote what another user posted in previous years, be an advocate for yourself whenever you can (provided its appropriate). Lastly, I know its cliché, but before the A last Wednesday I was struggling a lot with how this cycle was turning out, especially as an older applicant who's going to be over 30 when I graduate. Remember to take care of yourselves and guard your self confidence in your abilities. I'm not sure how helpful any of this is but I do hope for the best for you guys.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hear waitlist movement is fairly good. WillOfTheSon or any admitted student currently can probably share more insight to the exact class make up. But in the past SDN threads it usually seems like its pretty fluid. AMCAS choose your medical school deadlines are coming up. So on each step there will probably be some spots open up. Then at the final decision day sometime in April or May there will be more movement. Lots of trickling in over the summer as well. I will say admissions can vary year to year even before COVID some years have better yield than others, so we may have a good amount this year.

I wish everyone luck I know it can be crushing like you said. I know OU doesn't accept updates after deferrals, though I'm not sure their policy on letters of intent/interest and updates after waitlisting. I would check into it, and to quote what another user posted in previous years, be an advocate for yourself whenever you can (provided its appropriate). Lastly, I know its cliché, but before the A last Wednesday I was struggling a lot with how this cycle was turning out, especially as an older applicant who's going to be over 30 when I graduate. Remember to take care of yourselves and guard your self confidence in your abilities. I'm not sure how helpful any of this is but I do hope for the best for you guys.
It really depends on the year, it seems as though they are farther in their overall timeline this cycle than they were last cycle. For the WL last year, there was some solid movement the early week after the WL, followed by a few trickling in here or there until the final decision day hit on like May 1 (which fell on a weekend so it was the next week) and then there was another big surge at that point. That was the last big wave, and then the rest sort of trickled in. Keep in mind though, that was our experience, each cycle is different in how many spots are left to be filled and how many are going to be given up in favor for another program. Really sort of just depends, there's no true predicting.

Don't be discouraged if you got a WL. There's decent WL movement. Also, keep your mind open about the SCM track. Even if you didn't initially apply to Tulsa, WL is for both campuses, so if a spot opens up in Tulsa, you will be offered it (pending SCM interview).
Additionally, for those who don't have an A somewhere else, I highly recommend the re-applicant workshop. Listen to their advice and make those changes, and it drastically increases your chances for next year.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't be discouraged if you got a WL. There's decent WL movement. Also, keep your mind open about the SCM track. Even if you didn't initially apply to Tulsa, WL is for both campuses, so if a spot opens up in Tulsa, you will be offered it (pending SCM interview).
Additionally, for those who don't have an A somewhere else, I highly recommend the re-applicant workshop. Listen to their advice and make those changes, and it drastically increases your chances for next year.
To add onto this, the re-applicant workshop is really good information to learn for any possible re-apps as well as just further growth because not everyone is going to not get in because of the same reasons so knowing what to fix is key.

Hi! Different kind of post here! I am actually going to be starting with the OU Tulsa PA program this summer, and thought I would reach out to see if there are any incoming med students at the SCM campus that are looking for roommates. I am 24F. Message me if you’re interested in chatting more! (Or if any of you are in the GroupMe and would want to drop a message for me, I’d appreciate that too!)

Hi! I'm going to be heading to the OU COM OKC campus this fall, could any of you dm me the GroupMe link? Thank you!

I have a question for current students, does OU consider scholarship offers if a student has a full ride at another school (out of state school) ? Is it worth telling them that I have the scholarship but would love to stay in OK?

I have a question for current students, does OU consider scholarship offers if a student has a full ride at another school (out of state school) ? Is it worth telling them that I have the scholarship but would love to stay in OK?
I can't really speak to this specific situation, but no one has answered, so I would just say what I say for everything in general. Advocate for yourself, OU doesn't explicitly take LOI's, however the worst they can really do right now is say no. It's not like they're going to rescind your acceptance, but maybe they'll be willing to work out some sort of financial aid.

I can't really speak to this specific situation, but no one has answered, so I would just say what I say for everything in general. Advocate for yourself, OU doesn't explicitly take LOI's, however the worst they can really do right now is say no. It's not like they're going to rescind your acceptance, but maybe they'll be willing to work out some sort of financial aid.

Thank you!

Hi, are you sure you aren't mistaking OUCOM for OSU's DO Bridge Program?
Hey, yes I am talking about OSU's DO bridge program. I thought this would've been a good thread to ask in because I kept looking for a specific thread for the bridge program, but I could not find one.

Just got accepted with choice of campus but I’m choosing okc. Could someone dm me the groupme link pls :)

Withdrew my acceptance to OKC last week. I hope it goes to one of y'all! Boomer Sooner!

Just got pulled off the waitlist yesterday! They’re still going so don’t give up hope yet!! Would someone mind sending me the GroupMe info as well for OKC?

also was accepted a couple of weeks ago! can someone pls dm me the okc groupme as well?

Last edited:
I was also accepted off the waitlist a couple of weeks ago! Can't wait to see y'all in the fall 🤩
Would someone please send me the GroupMe link for the OKC track? Boomer Sooner!

Accepted this morning off the waitlist with choice of OKC and SCM! Going to SCM!

I haven't gotten the GroupMe link yet either, so let me know if any of you get a hold of it! Excited to meet you guys!!

I know im a late to the party but I just got accept into SCM! If anyone has the groupme link please DM me!

Des OU Med send out the secondaries only after your primary application has been verified or do they send out secondaries while your primary application is still in line to be verified?

IIRC, it was after verification. Looking back on my emails, it took a few days from when I submitted the primary to received the secondary from OU

Des OU Med send out the secondaries only after your primary application has been verified or do they send out secondaries while your primary application is still in line to be verified?
n=1 but I received my secondary prior to verification when I applied in the 2020-2021 cycle