You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Oklahoma
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
marchmadness1999
New Member
Does OU not do rolling admissions anymore? A bunch of my friends and I applied this cycle and we all took our mcats around the same time and submitted our apps around the same. However, we noticed the ones with higher mcats interviewed first (Nov-Dec) and then the ones with lower ones interviewed much later (jan-feb). We were just wondering if OU is still rolling just in case we re-apply next cycle or it interviews by basis of mcat score? Thanks!
Just out of curiosity, what were the relative MCAT scores? I applied right before the cutoff for apps, had a 509, and interviewed in early January.Does OU not do rolling admissions anymore? A bunch of my friends and I applied this cycle and we all took our mcats around the same time and submitted our apps around the same. However, we noticed the ones with higher mcats interviewed first (Nov-Dec) and then the ones with lower ones interviewed much later (jan-feb). We were just wondering if OU is still rolling just in case we re-apply next cycle or it interviews by basis of mcat score? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think OU has always given out interviews based on scores, with higher scores going in the first waves and lower in the spring.Does OU not do rolling admissions anymore? A bunch of my friends and I applied this cycle and we all took our mcats around the same time and submitted our apps around the same. However, we noticed the ones with higher mcats interviewed first (Nov-Dec) and then the ones with lower ones interviewed much later (jan-feb). We were just wondering if OU is still rolling just in case we re-apply next cycle or it interviews by basis of mcat score? Thanks!
SlytherinBadBoy
Full Member
I think it's rolling (kind of), so it definitely goes in order of MCAT+GPA score, but the rolling part is that they accept people at varying times. It's definitely advantageous to submit early because it will essentially hold your place in line from what I understand. I think someone else much earlier said they took the highest MCAT score and counted back 300 interviews so if you don't submit early enough you won't be considered.Does OU not do rolling admissions anymore? A bunch of my friends and I applied this cycle and we all took our mcats around the same time and submitted our apps around the same. However, we noticed the ones with higher mcats interviewed first (Nov-Dec) and then the ones with lower ones interviewed much later (jan-feb). We were just wondering if OU is still rolling just in case we re-apply next cycle or it interviews by basis of mcat score? Thanks!
Has anyone who interviewed in January been accepted yet?
there are two scholarship "pools". One, which are endowments selected by a committee. Then there is the general scholarship fund that everyone applies for!Anyone know how merit scholarships work?? Or if OU even has any?
last interview day is the 28th for those wondering!
marchmadness1999
New Member
My friend with a 520ish interviewed in November, my friend with a 511 interviewed around your time and my other friend with a low 500 is late February. So from this trend we noticed that even though we all submitted early and all that it still went off mcat score when the interview was. Just an observation I guess that can also be a reason on why it could be advantageous retaking the mcat if you don’t get in this cycle if you feel meJust out of curiosity, what were the relative MCAT scores? I applied right before the cutoff for apps, had a 509, and interviewed in early January.
This is basically how it works. Mcat+gpa gets plugged into a formula. Generally, as you noted, those with higher stats interview earlier. I am considered “low” stats and interviewed in January last year. It doesn’t mean you are less likely to get accepted and doesn’t mean you are not competitive for scholarships.My friend with a 520ish interviewed in November, my friend with a 511 interviewed around your time and my other friend with a low 500 is late February. So from this trend we noticed that even though we all submitted early and all that it still went off mcat score when the interview was. Just an observation I guess that can also be a reason on why it could be advantageous retaking the mcat if you don’t get in this cycle if you feel me
OU has a really late application deadline and normally doesn’t start looking until mid September/late September anyways. So generally, applying early and “late” isn’t as big of a deal as with other schools like tulane that looks at apps in June.
Today could be the day, boys!
- Me, every day
- Me, every day
Jessstressed
New Member
I don't think so. I reached out to admissions and they said that if you have not heard anything, it will be mid-march before decisions are sent out.Has anyone heard back after having an interview in January?
NeuroticLad
Full Member
Just wanted to ask if an acceptance means they acknowledged all the prerequisite courses were completed (or ongoing)? My neurotic self keeps finding new things to be worried about
if not, is there someone we can email to confirm we have all prereqs completed?
if not, is there someone we can email to confirm we have all prereqs completed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They've been pretty good at returning my emails. My guess is that you're probably fine, but if you need reassurance, you can probably just email the admissions office!Just wanted to ask if an acceptance means they acknowledged all the prerequisite courses were completed (or ongoing)? My neurotic self keeps finding new things to be worried about
if not, is there someone we can email to confirm we have all prereqs completed?
I contacted them to clear some iffy prereqs before and they were great.
das2678
Full Member
I heard back after interviewing 1/16 and 2/22 with hsc and scm respectively. Got the A!!!!!!! My firsts.Has anyone heard back after having an interview in January?
Any other members of the deferred club starting to get a little nervous? 😬😬😬
Oh my God yes, absolutely. I don't know why but as soon as March hit, waiting became a million times harder. And now I feel my heart drop every time I get an email. I hope we hear back sooner rather than later, this is agonizing 😭Any other members of the deferred club starting to get a little nervous? 😬😬😬
Last edited:
Agreed. Fingers crossed for good news for us!!Oh my God yes, absolutely. I don't know why but as soon as March hit, waiting became a million times harder. And now I feel my heart drop every time I get an email. I hope we hear back sooner rather than later, this is agonizing 😭
Normally it's late Feb. But the whole cycle was delayed, so I believe they're saying mid-March this year.If you know, are OU acceptances usually sent out before or after Spring Break? I am getting antsy on the waitlist! 🙂
SlytherinBadBoy
Full Member
Did you interview at the beginning of January? The suspense is deadly.Got the A earlier this week! Both tracks. It's been a hell of a journey to get here. So thankful for all of it. Good luck and I hope to see you all there!
I did. Honestly I thought they would drop (most of) the remaining acceptances now that interview season is officially over. But yeah, that suspense royally suckedDid you interview at the beginning of January? The suspense is deadly.
I hope everyone gets an answer soon! COVID combined with the two serious ice/weather events have definitely delayed the cycle at OU
Here to be exactly no help, but to empathize with you. Nope, but this is certainly painful.Did anyone speak to admissions or hear of whether or not we'll hear back this week?
SlytherinBadBoy
Full Member
I kind of can't believe they're doing this trickle decision game. Very frustrating and anxiety inducing.
Ya especially this late in the game. It always says on their website that they pick the incoming class before the beginning of March, but we got unlucky with the timeline this year I guess. In the end though, as long as we all hopefully get our As, the wait will be worth it.I kind of can't believe they're doing this trickle decision game. Very frustrating and anxiety inducing.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m in complete pain with you all. Hopefully we will hear back soon with good news.
Name game on point tho. Only way your name would be better is if it were Ravenclaw! 🙂I’m in complete pain with you all. Hopefully we will hear back soon with good news.
Rec'd WL email today. Does anybody know anything about typical OU waitlist movement?
medicalhamster
New Member
Just got the email that I got put on the waitlist, interviewed 2/11. Happy to have even made it this far lol. Hopefully this means that the rest of y'all will be hearing from them very soon. Best of luck everyone!
marchmadness1999
New Member
Also received a waitlist email just now, really wish they told you were you stood in it.
Got an R today. I have no words.
They increased the number of WL positions from what is reported on MSAR...What's up with that?
Also a little ticked that 3/4 of the WL email is dedicated to "here's what you should do if you get rejected." That's hella heartening...
Also a little ticked that 3/4 of the WL email is dedicated to "here's what you should do if you get rejected." That's hella heartening...
Also got waitlisted today.
How can there be 90 on the waitlist?
How can there be 90 on the waitlist?
SlytherinBadBoy
Full Member
Me too. I'm incredibly shocked and disappointed, but it's killing me to say this right now but life goes on (even though this was my only MD interview). Sorry man we'll get it next time.Got an R today. I have no words.
gcmerrell87
New Member
I don't know if this makes things worse or better but there have been record numbers of applicants for pretty much every school across the country. So at least we made it to the waitlist during a time where the competition has increased!
Ya that's true, but the thing is the range of numbers they take off the waitlist probably won't change so its weird they just added more spots. Like for what...?I don't know if this makes things worse or better but there have been record numbers of applicants for pretty much every school across the country. So at least we made it to the waitlist during a time where the competition has increased!
SlytherinBadBoy
Full Member
maybe they're expecting more applicants with multiple acceptancesYa that's true, but the thing is the range of numbers they take off the waitlist probably won't change so its weird they just added more spots. Like for what...?
Those of you who got a WL or A, what were your MCAT scores?
How many people are usually on the waitlist? Also, if it helps- half of the people I personally know at OUCOM got in off the waitlist, so there is hope!!!Also got waitlisted today.
How can there be 90 on the waitlist?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an A in December and I had a 514 MCAT.Those of you who got a WL or A, what were your MCAT scores?
MedicalShinobi22
Full Member
WL'd, I understand the email said, "To be consistent and fair to all wait-listed applicants, your credential files are sealed and no further information may be submitted." Does that mean no updates/Letters of Intent??
That is correct.WL'd, I understand the email said, "To be consistent and fair to all wait-listed applicants, your credential files are sealed and no further information may be submitted." Does that mean no updates/Letters of Intent??
waitlist today. MCAT 516. OOS, but very very strong ties to the school.I got an A in December and I had a 514 MCAT.
Jessstressed
New Member
Did anyone receive an A on Wednesday? I did not receive any email, I am wondering why they are sending out decisions in trickles.