2020-2021 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe they send all decisions out in one group; spring acceptances aren't really rolling. Last I heard, there were interview dates all the way through the end of Feb, so I'm thinking it will be March before decisions are sent out.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does OU not do rolling admissions anymore? A bunch of my friends and I applied this cycle and we all took our mcats around the same time and submitted our apps around the same. However, we noticed the ones with higher mcats interviewed first (Nov-Dec) and then the ones with lower ones interviewed much later (jan-feb). We were just wondering if OU is still rolling just in case we re-apply next cycle or it interviews by basis of mcat score? Thanks!

Does OU not do rolling admissions anymore? A bunch of my friends and I applied this cycle and we all took our mcats around the same time and submitted our apps around the same. However, we noticed the ones with higher mcats interviewed first (Nov-Dec) and then the ones with lower ones interviewed much later (jan-feb). We were just wondering if OU is still rolling just in case we re-apply next cycle or it interviews by basis of mcat score? Thanks!
Just out of curiosity, what were the relative MCAT scores? I applied right before the cutoff for apps, had a 509, and interviewed in early January.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think OU has always given out interviews based on scores, with higher scores going in the first waves and lower in the spring.

I think it's rolling (kind of), so it definitely goes in order of MCAT+GPA score, but the rolling part is that they accept people at varying times. It's definitely advantageous to submit early because it will essentially hold your place in line from what I understand. I think someone else much earlier said they took the highest MCAT score and counted back 300 interviews so if you don't submit early enough you won't be considered.

Anyone know how merit scholarships work?? Or if OU even has any?
there are two scholarship "pools". One, which are endowments selected by a committee. Then there is the general scholarship fund that everyone applies for!

last interview day is the 28th for those wondering!

Reactions: 2 users
Just out of curiosity, what were the relative MCAT scores? I applied right before the cutoff for apps, had a 509, and interviewed in early January.
My friend with a 520ish interviewed in November, my friend with a 511 interviewed around your time and my other friend with a low 500 is late February. So from this trend we noticed that even though we all submitted early and all that it still went off mcat score when the interview was. Just an observation I guess that can also be a reason on why it could be advantageous retaking the mcat if you don’t get in this cycle if you feel me

My friend with a 520ish interviewed in November, my friend with a 511 interviewed around your time and my other friend with a low 500 is late February. So from this trend we noticed that even though we all submitted early and all that it still went off mcat score when the interview was. Just an observation I guess that can also be a reason on why it could be advantageous retaking the mcat if you don’t get in this cycle if you feel me
This is basically how it works. Mcat+gpa gets plugged into a formula. Generally, as you noted, those with higher stats interview earlier. I am considered “low” stats and interviewed in January last year. It doesn’t mean you are less likely to get accepted and doesn’t mean you are not competitive for scholarships.

OU has a really late application deadline and normally doesn’t start looking until mid September/late September anyways. So generally, applying early and “late” isn’t as big of a deal as with other schools like tulane that looks at apps in June.

Last February weekend, let the countdown to midMarch begin!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard back after having an interview in January?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so. I reached out to admissions and they said that if you have not heard anything, it will be mid-march before decisions are sent out.

Just wanted to ask if an acceptance means they acknowledged all the prerequisite courses were completed (or ongoing)? My neurotic self keeps finding new things to be worried about

if not, is there someone we can email to confirm we have all prereqs completed?

Just wanted to ask if an acceptance means they acknowledged all the prerequisite courses were completed (or ongoing)? My neurotic self keeps finding new things to be worried about

if not, is there someone we can email to confirm we have all prereqs completed?
They've been pretty good at returning my emails. My guess is that you're probably fine, but if you need reassurance, you can probably just email the admissions office!

I contacted them to clear some iffy prereqs before and they were great.

I heard back after interviewing 1/16 and 2/22 with hsc and scm respectively. Got the A!!!!!!! My firsts.

Reactions: 4 users
Any other members of the deferred club starting to get a little nervous? 😬😬😬

Any other members of the deferred club starting to get a little nervous? 😬😬😬
Oh my God yes, absolutely. I don't know why but as soon as March hit, waiting became a million times harder. And now I feel my heart drop every time I get an email. I hope we hear back sooner rather than later, this is agonizing 😭

Last edited:
Oh my God yes, absolutely. I don't know why but as soon as March hit, waiting became a million times harder. And now I feel my heart drop every time I get an email. I hope we hear back sooner rather than later, this is agonizing 😭
Agreed. Fingers crossed for good news for us!!

If you know, are OU acceptances usually sent out before or after Spring Break? I am getting antsy on the waitlist! :)

If you know, are OU acceptances usually sent out before or after Spring Break? I am getting antsy on the waitlist! :)
Normally it's late Feb. But the whole cycle was delayed, so I believe they're saying mid-March this year.

Got the A earlier this week! Both tracks. It's been a hell of a journey to get here. So thankful for all of it. Good luck and I hope to see you all there!

Reactions: 4 users
Got the A earlier this week! Both tracks. It's been a hell of a journey to get here. So thankful for all of it. Good luck and I hope to see you all there!
Did you interview at the beginning of January? The suspense is deadly.

Did you interview at the beginning of January? The suspense is deadly.
I did. Honestly I thought they would drop (most of) the remaining acceptances now that interview season is officially over. But yeah, that suspense royally sucked

I hope everyone gets an answer soon! COVID combined with the two serious ice/weather events have definitely delayed the cycle at OU

Did anyone speak to admissions or hear of whether or not we'll hear back this week?

Did anyone speak to admissions or hear of whether or not we'll hear back this week?
Here to be exactly no help, but to empathize with you. Nope, but this is certainly painful.

I kind of can't believe they're doing this trickle decision game. Very frustrating and anxiety inducing.

I kind of can't believe they're doing this trickle decision game. Very frustrating and anxiety inducing.
Ya especially this late in the game. It always says on their website that they pick the incoming class before the beginning of March, but we got unlucky with the timeline this year I guess. In the end though, as long as we all hopefully get our As, the wait will be worth it.

Last edited:
I’m in complete pain with you all. Hopefully we will hear back soon with good news.

I’m in complete pain with you all. Hopefully we will hear back soon with good news.
Name game on point tho. Only way your name would be better is if it were Ravenclaw! :)

Rec'd WL email today. Does anybody know anything about typical OU waitlist movement?

Just got the email that I got put on the waitlist, interviewed 2/11. Happy to have even made it this far lol. Hopefully this means that the rest of y'all will be hearing from them very soon. Best of luck everyone!

Also received a waitlist email just now, really wish they told you were you stood in it.

WL, 1 of 90 sounds rough lol

• Care
They increased the number of WL positions from what is reported on MSAR...What's up with that?

Also a little ticked that 3/4 of the WL email is dedicated to "here's what you should do if you get rejected." That's hella heartening...

Got an R today. I have no words.
Me too. I'm incredibly shocked and disappointed, but it's killing me to say this right now but life goes on (even though this was my only MD interview). Sorry man we'll get it next time.

• Care
I don't know if this makes things worse or better but there have been record numbers of applicants for pretty much every school across the country. So at least we made it to the waitlist during a time where the competition has increased!

I don't know if this makes things worse or better but there have been record numbers of applicants for pretty much every school across the country. So at least we made it to the waitlist during a time where the competition has increased!
Ya that's true, but the thing is the range of numbers they take off the waitlist probably won't change so its weird they just added more spots. Like for what...?

Ya that's true, but the thing is the range of numbers they take off the waitlist probably won't change so its weird they just added more spots. Like for what...?
maybe they're expecting more applicants with multiple acceptances

Also got waitlisted today.
How can there be 90 on the waitlist?
How many people are usually on the waitlist? Also, if it helps- half of the people I personally know at OUCOM got in off the waitlist, so there is hope!!!

Last edited:
WL'd, I understand the email said, "To be consistent and fair to all wait-listed applicants, your credential files are sealed and no further information may be submitted." Does that mean no updates/Letters of Intent??

WL'd, I understand the email said, "To be consistent and fair to all wait-listed applicants, your credential files are sealed and no further information may be submitted." Does that mean no updates/Letters of Intent??
That is correct.

Did anyone receive an A on Wednesday? I did not receive any email, I am wondering why they are sending out decisions in trickles.