2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think NJMS is far along in the cycle? Not seeing a lot of activity...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you think NJMS is far along in the cycle? Not seeing a lot of activity...
no clue... it seems like there hasn't been an acceptance wave in a while either not quite sure what to make of it

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have gotten interview invites, was the email sent by Dr. H or NJMS admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have gotten interview invites, was the email sent by Dr. H or NJMS admissions?
This was early in the cycle, so I'm unsure if its still the case, but i got an email from Dr. H before the interview invite asking if I was available on a specific day and (after rescheduling/confirming I was) got an official email invite.

For me, it was an email from NJMS admissions that brought me to calendar schedule system and I picked my day/time.

Has anyone received II recently? Hopefully they'll send out some after the holidays...

Reactions: 2 users
Got an II today! OOS, ORM, Complete 7/27

Reactions: 8 users
II today as well! Complete late Aug. OOS but w/ strong ties to NJ. There were a lot of dates and times available all throughout January, so seems like there are still plenty of interviews to go out here.

Reactions: 7 users
II today as well! Complete late Aug. OOS but w/ strong ties to NJ. There were a lot of dates and times available all throughout January, so seems like there are still plenty of interviews to go out here.
Congrats!! I was complete late august as well so let’s hope 🤞🏻

I'm guessing people who interviewed here in October shouldn't expect to hear back before Christmas anymore?

II today. complete 9/23 OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone getting those Christmas calls from Dean Heinrich?

anyone sending letters of interest right around know if they haven't heard back from the school yet?

Anyone else bracing for the impending wave of WL decisions? :scared: Hold on tight guys.

*PS it's gonna be okay guys, just hold on to your butts

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else bracing for the impending wave of WL decisions? :scared: Hold on tight guys.

*PS it's gonna be okay guys, just hold on to your butts
You think these would be coming tomorrow or after New Years?

You think these would be coming tomorrow or after New Years?
I have no idea. I'm just speculating based on the trends from previous years. Also sdn is an incredibly small sample of the med applicant population so who the eff knows what's the actual standard? :) ALSO CORONA has screwed things infinitely so we have absolutely no standard to compare to so we just gotta be patient. I was hoping to see if anyone has already received a WL decision with that comment so don't mind my uninformed commentary too much lol. I'm just a pleb applicant like everyone else haha.

• Care
I have no idea. I'm just speculating based on the trends from previous years. Also sdn is an incredibly small sample of the med applicant population so who the eff knows what's the actual standard? :) ALSO CORONA has screwed things infinitely so we have absolutely no standard to compare to so we just gotta be patient. I was hoping to see if anyone has already received a WL decision with that comment so don't mind my uninformed commentary too much lol. I'm just a pleb applicant like everyone else haha.
Definitely understand, nonetheless I’m rooting for you, Happy holidays!

Just got an II this morning! Thought it was over for me here this late in the cycle. LM 72, complete late July, IS.

Reactions: 11 users
to address new grades in update letters, is it best to explicitly say what grades we got in the courses we've taken? i feel like saying "i got an A in this class" comes off a bit strange so i was just going to say that i'll send an updated transcript soon, but if mentioning the As i've gotten can help more, i'll do that lol. any thoughts?

to address new grades in update letters, is it best to explicitly say what grades we got in the courses we've taken? i feel like saying "i got an A in this class" comes off a bit strange so i was just going to say that i'll send an updated transcript soon, but if mentioning the As i've gotten can help more, i'll do that lol. any thoughts?
Eh, I said I successfully completed Course A (A), Course B (A-), ect. But I had other stuff to my updated. For the transcript portion since AMCAS doesn't wanna update grades, I attached an unofficial transcript and was like "I'll provide an official one, if asked"

long-awaited II also came to me, complete end of August, LM 74, NYC

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
long-awaited II also came to me, complete end of August, LM 74, NYC
Congratulations! Make it count! If you don't mind, what dates are you generally seeing as available for selection for the interview date?

Congratulations! Make it count! If you don't mind, what dates are you generally seeing as available for selection for the interview date?
I saw dates from 01/20 to the end of January with multiple interview times during the day.

II today, ORM, OOS, complete in late July. Any tips for the interview?

Does anyone know if it's a red flag if we don't do the optional student interview? I just had my interview today after getting the II yesterday, and I could only fit in the faculty interview in my day so I didn't even try to schedule it.

Does anyone know if it's a red flag if we don't do the optional student interview? I just had my interview today after getting the II yesterday, and I could only fit in the faculty interview in my day so I didn't even try to schedule it.
I've heard of people getting accepted without the student interview, so it doesn't seem to be "optional". This is my second year interviewing here and both years my student interview was canceled.

Did anyone who interviewed on Dec 21st hear anything back yet?

Did anyone who interviewed on Dec 21st hear anything back yet?
i think they definitely will take longer than 2 weeks to get back, esp since people from october haven't even heard back yet

I think it was really impressive during the Meet the Dean’s session today that Dean Heinrich seem to have read everyone’s application and mentioned something cool that the applicant wrote in their primary and secondary.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten invited for a second interview and been accepted? Any tips?

is anyone else still waiting to hear from njms after being complete in aug?

Reactions: 6 users
I think it was really impressive during the Meet the Dean’s session today that Dean Heinrich seem to have read everyone’s application and mentioned something cool that the applicant wrote in their primary and secondary.
I agree!

has anyone reached out to admissions regarding post II decisions? waiting since early november and not sure what to think of it

Has anyone gotten invited for a second interview and been accepted? Any tips?

Yep. There was probably something a little iffy about ur app but They’re looking for any reason to accept u at this point. So just don’t say anything crazy and u should be ok. Ur gonna get grilled on every part of ur app too so have a real reason why everything in there belongs in there. Otherwise this is the home stretch. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone reached out to admissions regarding post II decisions? waiting since early november and not sure what to think of it
Same situation here. I emailed admissions because they were behind based on the timeline my interviewer had told me. Dr. Heinrich apologized and said they're running a little late this year and I should hear back soon ~ not sure what that means but I'd guess within 3 or so weeks? I don't know. Waiting is hard but I hope both of us receive good news soon :)

Reactions: 4 users
Same situation here. I emailed admissions because they were behind based on the timeline my interviewer had told me. Dr. Heinrich apologized and said they're running a little late this year and I should hear back soon ~ not sure what that means but I'd guess within 3 or so weeks? I don't know. Waiting is hard but I hope both of us receive good news soon :)
Thank you for letting me know!! And yes hope we hear good news, good luck to you :)

Yep. There was probably something a little iffy about ur app but They’re looking for any reason to accept u at this point. So just don’t say anything crazy and u should be ok. Ur gonna get grilled on every part of ur app too so have a real reason why everything in there belongs in there. Otherwise this is the home stretch. Good luck!
thanks so much!

Any one who interviewed in mid-to-late November hear back yet?

Any one who interviewed in mid-to-late November hear back yet?
i interviewed 11/04 and still havent heard back. one of my friends interviewed in October and also hasn't heard back yet