2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone else still waiting to hear from njms after being complete in aug?
have not heard anything back, complete 7/24. LM 73

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
SGS student here with a quick question. I was accepted to NJMS, yet I still have some credits left to complete in the Medical Masters program. Do any other masters students know if I HAVE to complete the masters in order to matriculate to NJMS. Can't seem to find any concrete information on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
SGS student here with a quick question. I was accepted to NJMS, yet I still have some credits left to complete in the Medical Masters program. Do any other masters students know if I HAVE to complete the masters in order to matriculate to NJMS. Can't seem to find any concrete information on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I can’t say for sure but most schools expect that any coursework or degrees in progress during the time of application season be completed by the time of matriculation. It would also probably be highly frowned upon if you withdrew from the SGS program since both them and NJMS are under the same school umbrella. Being an SGS student was likely a plus for why you were interviewed and accepted at NJMS (in addition to the other parts of your app but this was likely a huge contributing factor) so can’t imagine they’d be happy to see you not complete the program. I wouldn’t do it if I were you.

Reactions: 1 user
I can’t say for sure but most schools expect that any coursework or degrees in progress during the time of application season be completed by the time of matriculation. It would also probably be highly frowned upon if you withdrew from the SGS program since both them and NJMS are under the same school umbrella. Being an SGS student was likely a plus for why you were interviewed and accepted at NJMS (in addition to the other parts of your app but this was likely a huge contributing factor) so can’t imagine they’d be happy to see you not complete the program. I wouldn’t do it if I were you.

While this is true I know a bunch of people who got in during the fall and didn’t finish the spring semester. No hard feelings. It’s money. You’ve proven yourself already. Unless there’s a specific case basis where ur acceptance was contingent upon completion of the course work. I think u should be fine. Don’t waste ur time or money. But also double check with admin

Thank you for your feedback. I did specifically state on my AMCAS app "No Degree Expected" for this Masters program. And they didn't ask about this once during the entire process or interview. Still received my acceptance.

While this is true I know a bunch of people who got in during the fall and didn’t finish the spring semester. No hard feelings. It’s money. You’ve proven yourself already. Unless there’s a specific case basis where ur acceptance was contingent upon completion of the course work. I think u should be fine. Don’t waste ur time or money. But also double check with admin
Thank you for your feedback, and yeah it's really about money. I want to double-check with admin, but don't want it to reflect poorly on me. However, I did specifically state on my AMCAS app that I was not expecting a degree from the program. So not sure how to go about approaching this. Might email the Master's advisor and see what she says, but feel like she might be bias towards finishing the program.

Thank you for your feedback. I did specifically state on my AMCAS app "No Degree Expected" for this Masters program. And they didn't ask about this once during the entire process or interview. Still received my acceptance.

Ah okay, well that is a different situation and you already made them aware so it may not be as big a deal. I knew someone in my year that had to finish so that’s where my original opinion stemmed from but they could have also put “degree expected”. As the other poster said, double check with admin and you’ll likely be fine. Either way, hope you don’t have to finish because it is an expensive program. Saving money is always good! :)

Ah okay, well that is a different situation and you already made them aware so it may not be as big a deal. I knew someone in my year that had to finish so that’s where my original opinion stemmed from but they could have also put “degree expected”. As the other poster said, double check with admin and you’ll likely be fine. Either way, hope you don’t have to finish because it is an expensive program. Saving money is always good! :)
Thanks for clarification and help. Really appreciate it!

What can one expect for the Meet the Deans & Students session? I have mine coming up this month.

I guess I just want to know if it's interactive at all... for one of the other schools I interviewed at, the Dean gave us a pop-quiz about fun facts about the school and I was lucky to have something to say but that has me on edge now, haha.

What can one expect for the Meet the Deans & Students session? I have mine coming up this month.

I guess I just want to know if it's interactive at all... for one of the other schools I interviewed at, the Dean gave us a pop-quiz about fun facts about the school and I was lucky to have something to say but that has me on edge now, haha.
This one is different, Very interactive. You will share something about yourself and the dean will likely mention something that he read on your app; like some cool sports or activity that he saw on your app. He's pretty cool and it's a pretty chill session.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
This one is different, Very interactive. You will share something about yourself and the dean will likely mention something that he read on your app; like some cool sports or activity that he saw on your app. He's pretty cool and it's a pretty chill session.
Sweet, thank you for the heads-up!

Not sure if anyone else can relate, but I've just been picking scam calls from New Jersey thinking it's the acceptance call. Major bummer to hear some automated bot talking about how my "car's warranty has expired" ahah. Interviewed late october and haven't heard back yet :/

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if anyone else can relate, but I've just been picking scam calls from New Jersey thinking it's the acceptance call. Major bummer to hear some automated bot talking about how my "car's warranty has expired" ahah. Interviewed late october and haven't heard back yet :/
I'm in the same boat. Interviewed late November though. I hope you hear back soon!

Omg. I get the same calls too. It’s so annoying.

I can totally relate! I also interviewed late October and have not heard back yet. At this point I've been getting around two spam calls a day. I'm pretty sure if you answer them, they just call more often. But, nonetheless, I refuse to stop answering....

Update: Waitlisted today. Interviewed 11/30/20. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Is no news good news for those of us who have been for 2+ months? Interviewed late October over here.

II! IS complete mid july. several dates open for last week of jan and first 2 weeks of feb

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
II! IS complete mid july. several dates open for last week of jan and first 2 weeks of feb
Congratulations! This gives me hope! Was this just now or this morning?

Also waitlisted over email :(
Interviewed mid November

• Care
Interviewed 12/2, just got asked back for a second interview. Does anyone know what to expect from that? Same basic format or will they change it up?

Interviewed 12/2, just got asked back for a second interview. Does anyone know what to expect from that? Same basic format or will they change it up?
So my friend was asked back to do a second interview for ED back in the summer and they asked him about one specific part of his app and to explain it then just had a brief casual conversation about his application as a whole. He later got the acceptance.

I assume there are similarities between second interviews for both ED and RD in that there’s a specific part of your app they want to talk about. I don’t want to get your hopes up but I feel as though if you perform well in the 2nd interview and give them good responses to whatever they ask then you’re in a pretty good spot for an acceptance

Time for application conspiracy theories: If you got this email today, that probably means that admissions committee has met today/recently. Historically, acceptance calls have been made on Sunday evenings. Maybe this weekend is another round of A's for people who have interviewed?? Any thoughts? (I need a hobby)

• Hmm
So my friend was asked back to do a second interview for ED back in the summer and they asked him about one specific part of his app and to explain it then just had a brief casual conversation about his application as a whole. He later got the acceptance.

I assume there are similarities between second interviews for both ED and RD in that there’s a specific part of your app they want to talk about. I don’t want to get your hopes up but I feel as though if you perform well in the 2nd interview and give them good responses to whatever they ask then you’re in a pretty good spot for an acceptance
Oh no, now my hopes are all the way up... crap hahah

• Care
Oh no, now my hopes are all the way up... crap hahah
Exactly what I told him was: if they didn’t want you then they’d just reject or waitlist you. So them wanting to talk to you more must be a good sign. But of course anything could happen

Exactly what I told him was: if they didn’t want you then they’d just reject or waitlist you. So them wanting to talk to you more must be a good sign. But of course anything could happen
I agree @wombatattack72 I don't think that the second interview is a bad thing at all! They probably just wanted some more information about a specific thing on your application. During my interview, he asked me some things about my app, like a bad semester that I had, and gave me the opportunity to explain my perspective on some not-so-good grades. It's likely going to be pretty conversational and specific to your app, not generic questions. Honestly I was super impressed with my whole experience with Rutgers, from the interview to the Dean's session. Everyone took the time to get to know your application very well, and it made for a much easier interview!

Anyone know how far they are in their interview cycle. Been complete since end of July and have been waiting to hear back. Don't know if its a soft r at this point

Reactions: 4 users
i was complete at the end of july and got an II yesterday! OOS LM70-71

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
This choir email gave me a heart attack

Reactions: 10 users
Idgaf about the damn choir if I have no II, stop sending me this bs

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Hi everyone. For those that had a second interview, were you notified by call or email? Just missed a call from Dr. Heinrich so want to know if I should be anticipating an A or be nervous that there’s another interview coming. lol thx for any help!

Hi everyone. For those that had a second interview, were you notified by call or email? Just missed a call from Dr. Heinrich so want to know if I should be anticipating an A or be nervous that there’s another interview coming. lol thx for any help!
It was an email! Looks like an A is in order for you, congrats :) when was your interview?

It was an email! Looks like an A is in order for you, congrats :) when was your interview?

called back just in time and got him. it was an A!!!!! :) interviewed 12/15.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know what’s happening with the applicants who interviewed Oct/Nov and haven’t heard back yet? I’m just a bit confused since waitlist notifications and acceptances both went out this past week. Not sure what to expect :/

Does anyone know what’s happening with the applicants who interviewed Oct/Nov and haven’t heard back yet? I’m just a bit confused since waitlist notifications and acceptances both went out this past week. Not sure what to expect :/
Same, interviewed late October and just radio silence D: just been so anxious this whole week. maybe we'll hear back this week?