2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's exactly what it's supposed to mean. And, as @ecuacor mentioned, if NJMS is playing by the rules (and most schools do), they will never call you off their WL if you are CTE elsewhere.

CTE is the mechanism schools use to lock in their classes. Poaching will create chaos for the schools. As a result, they have pretty much honored it since it was first implemented in 2019. There are plenty of people on everyone's WLs who are not committed elsewhere to make calling people who are CTE elsewhere unnecessary.

The exception is schools outside AMCAS, like AACOMAS. (TMDSAS also have access to the CYMS tool!) Other than schools like AACOMAS, or Caribbean, you should absolutely consider a CTE selection to be final and irrevocable.
That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When is the deadline for CTE for NJMS if you don't mind me asking?
It's 7/1 next year. Probably the same this year, but, since I didn't apply this year, I don't know for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's 7/1 next year. Probably the same this year, but, since I didn't apply this year, I don't know for sure.
Yikes! That's earlier than the CTE deadline of the school I currently PTE with. I do not think I will get off the waitlist of NJMS in time then. I guess it is just not meant to be. Thank you for your response!

Yikes! That's earlier than the CTE deadline of the school I currently PTE with. I do not think I will get off the waitlist of NJMS in time then. I guess it is just not meant to be. Thank you for your response!
It's actually good for you because, if the reverse were true, you'd be forced to withdraw from the NJMS WL before its CTE deadline. At least this way you get to stay on the list through the deadline in order to see whether anything happens.

Just got off the waitlist for NJMS last night! It feels unreal wow I can’t believe it actually happened. Not sure how many spots are left but fingers crossed for everyone still waiting!!! 😭

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got off the waitlist for NJMS last night! It feels unreal wow I can’t believe it actually happened. Not sure how many spots are left but fingers crossed for everyone still waiting!!! 😭
Good to see that the waitlist is moving this early! (compared to earlier years)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the CTE deadline is at NJMS this year?

Final R. Priority waitlist. Already committed to a DO school in an area where I'm not scared to walk out my front door ;p
I wish everyone, both accepted and not, the best of luck in all future studies!

Reactions: 1 user
For people stalking the thread next year... I was accepted off the priority waitlist within the last two months. Make sure to consistently show interest if you want to get off of it. Based off the class group messaging, I think there is significant waitlist movement it's just not widely reported on SDN.
Do you think anyone got accepted from the normal waitlist as well?

Hi everyone, are there any accepted ED applicants here? I have a few questions, I plan on applying next cycle so hoping I can PM someone? Thanks for the help!!