2020-2021 South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just out of curiosity did anyone receive any emails back from the thank you post interview ones they sent?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the call! Accepted!!
Holy... congrats!!!! On Saturday jeeze.. I got an area code 727 call at like 5 AM which I guess is near Tampa. What was yours?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
wait a minute

just got a call and voicemail from an 813 number... nani the ****

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
For those that did CORE interviews, what general kinds of questions were asked (traditional interview questions vs personalized or)? Did they last the full hour? Kinda worried now reading these negative experiences haha (this is gonna be my first interview).. I was hoping for the trend of chill conversational interviews to continue here, but I guess this is not the case most likely?

Same situation for me haha. I’m so nervous...

Just got accepted via the phone (813 number)!! I missed the call at first and had to call back lol did you all have to give your SSN? I hope I wasn’t scammed haha.

CORE program interviewed on 09/29

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
got a call back, its official

might guy, MD (in 2025)

WELCOME TO THE MOTHER****IN SPRINGTIME OF YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTH

soy.gif

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
Just got accepted via the phone (813 number)!! I missed the call at first and had to call back lol did you all have to give your SSN? I hope I wasn’t scammed haha.

CORE program interviewed on 09/29
I was also briefly concerned about the SSN, but that would be quite an elaborate scam.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all those accepted. Do you mind sharing your stats and whether you are IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the acceptance call today as well!!! OOS, 3.57, 524.

Reactions: 2 users
If acceptances were released on a Saturday, I wonder if they will also be released tomorrow?

weird lol it seems like at least everyone who reported here yesterday getting an A was OOS

btw if anyone is still concerned, here is a video with dr. daniel so you can confirm his voice lol

• Haha
weird lol it seems like at least everyone who reported here yesterday getting an A was OOS
In last year's thread it looks like calls came over two days. I'm also hoping for a second day of calls because, at least in last year's thread, it seemed like nearly everyone from those August/September interview days who didn't get an acceptance call in the first two days ended up waitlisted via snail mail a few days later.

In last year's thread it looks like calls came over two days. I'm also hoping for a second day of calls because, at least in last year's thread, it seemed like nearly everyone from those August/September interview days who didn't get an acceptance call in the first two days ended up waitlisted via snail mail a few days later.
Not that I’m doubting it bc Saturday was already weird enough but I would be insanely shocked if any calls went out on a Sunday

Reactions: 2 users
My two interviews are back to back (I'm assuming that's common) but it says to log on 15 minutes early for each. Did people just leave their first interview after 15 minutes??

My two interviews are back to back (I'm assuming that's common) but it says to log on 15 minutes early for each. Did people just leave their first interview after 15 minutes??

I think the 15-min thing is largely just to allow enough time to make sure your tech is all working okay. My interviewer made sure we finished with enough time for me to log on to my second one; just follow their cues, don't cut your first interview short yourself.

anyone with a select interview have any feedback? Is it open or closed? Situational or just conversational? Also any huge selling points for you on why you said you wanted to do the select program?

SELECT MS4 here. Happy to answer any questions anyone has about the program. Feel free to DM me too.
I've heard the select is just OOS applicants that they didn't want to give CORE spots to, is this an exaggeration? Also, do you think there mission statement of creating leaders and changing medicine is being achieved or is it all talk? It sounds awesome on their website, but I feel like reality can be very different.

To my accepted people, when did you guys interview and are any of you SELECT? interviewed 9/22 for SELECT and heard nothing :(

To my accepted people, when did you guys interview and are any of you SELECT? interviewed 9/22 for SELECT and heard nothing :(
+ 1 following, interviewed 9/8 tho :/

I've heard the select is just OOS applicants that they didn't want to give CORE spots to, is this an exaggeration? Also, do you think there mission statement of creating leaders and changing medicine is being achieved or is it all talk? It sounds awesome on their website, but I feel like reality can be very different.

Not a noticeable difference in quality of student from core and select, or OOS core and select for that matter. Of course I have no idea what their applications looked like and no one cares about your MCAT score after you get into med school, so take that for what you will.

Select definitely values leadership qualities and tries to foster that through the program. Not saying everything they teach you in select is substantive, but I find the perspective select gives me on healthcare systems and change processes are valuable for understanding how change is made in the hospital, and could better position you to take a leadership role if you so choose. Obviously if you really wanted to be a healthcare leader the onus is gonna fall on you to learn what you need to learn, but i feel that select puts you in a good position. At least compared to the core curriculum, which is the only other medical school curriculum I have been exposed to (by proxy).

Not a noticeable difference in quality of student from core and select, or OOS core and select for that matter. Of course I have no idea what their applications looked like and no one cares about your MCAT score after you get into med school, so take that for what you will.

Select definitely values leadership qualities and tries to foster that through the program. Not saying everything they teach you in select is substantive, but I find the perspective select gives me on healthcare systems and change processes are valuable for understanding how change is made in the hospital, and could better position you to take a leadership role if you so choose. Obviously if you really wanted to be a healthcare leader the onus is gonna fall on you to learn what you need to learn, but i feel that select puts you in a good position. At least compared to the core curriculum, which is the only other medical school curriculum I have been exposed to (by proxy).
Thanks for your feedback! I was impressed by the interviewer I had today as he described what the select is trying to do.

Any core calls or snail mail go out today? I interviewed out of state in September but no update

Will you have access to intensive research projects in SELECT? (Since SELECT doesn't have the concentration programs CORE has)...

have been stressing all day hoping to hear any news on here about calls lol guess I will continue to wait

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got a call for an II!! Turned it down though lol. Best of luck for everyone else!

• Care
Accepted via phone call just now! LM 75 interviewed 9/21 :love:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
does usf portal show accepted status or should we just wait for our official letters?

does usf portal show accepted status or should we just wait for our official letters?
Dr. Daniel told me that we don't have to do anything right now and the acceptance packet will come in the mail, but mine doesn't show in the portal either.

II via phone for SELECT program 10/20, complete 9/19, applied only to CORE on my secondary, LM 75, WDARS C, OOS, ORM I think, II scheduled for next week as they didn’t seem to have any information on slot availability for the next few months.

Accepted for CORE!!!! So excited!! (interviewed 9/22)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted for CORE!! Just got the call from Dr. Daniel!!

• Love
not sure if I should feel relief bc I don’t think they’ve even touched my date yet (10/1) but ugh these posts are making me nervous lol! congrats to everyone tho hopefully I can join you soon

Just got accepted for SELECT! interviewed 9/8, LM 71. I cannot believe this.

update: last name starts with a Z for the alphabetical order theory. It seems random to me though, but my caller was not Dr. Daniel like some other people had

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users