2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those on the WL, can anyone explain the email that was just sent? Are we supposed to update them of our plans or are they talking only about admitted students? Maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong but I’m confused lol

Members don't see this ad :)
To those on the WL, can anyone explain the email that was just sent? Are we supposed to update them of our plans or are they talking only about admitted students? Maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong but I’m confused lol
I got the same. I’ve been sitting on a cool zero MD acceptances in the entire cycle. Do I just sit tight and keep waiting?

I think they're just updating us on how the CTE process works. Anyone that CTEs to another school but is still on TCU & UNTHSC's waitlist, they'll be automatically removed from the waitlist within a business day. And then those that PTE elsewhere still remain on the waitlist unless they ask to be removed. I don't think they need any updates from us though unless we're CTE elsewhere at this point
That’s my understanding...the question is...how many people on this waitlist CTEd elsewhere?

Reactions: 1 user
I think they're just updating us on how the CTE process works. Anyone that CTEs to another school but is still on TCU & UNTHSC's waitlist, they'll be automatically removed from the waitlist within a business day. And then those that PTE elsewhere still remain on the waitlist unless they ask to be removed. I don't think they need any updates from us though unless we're CTE elsewhere at this point
That makes sense. Thank you!

The better question is...how many people dropped their offer today (or in the next few days if more time is requested)?
I would love to see more WL movement this week! Just gonna keep praying I guess

Reactions: 1 users
Has any matriculating student received information on creating a TCU student account yet?

I was fortunate to get the call today and was offered a seat off the waitlist! Interviewed in January and CC since then. I’ll be accepting the offer!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I’m shopping for books, “Bates guide” to be specific. The school says to get the 13th edition but I’m tight on money and was wondering if the 12th edition will do.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. Praying the remaining of us on the waitlist hear good news this week #Hopeful

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hi all, I’m shopping for books, “Bates guide” to be specific. The school says to get the 13th edition but I’m tight on money and was wondering if the 12th edition will do.
I would email admissions, they answered a similar question for me about one of the other books!

Just got the call! Literally in shock but so excited! IS, interviewed 3/8.

• Love
  • Care
Wow I'm really holding onto hope now LOLL there's still a chance! I hope they make more calls today 😌
I’ve really been trying to forget that I even applied to Texas schools this cycle and then the schools randomly keep sending acceptances out which is making it difficult to put this in the past haha

• Haha
Accepted student here- I know this isn't hard data but our FB group has 52 members and the GroupMe only has 48 so I'm guessing there will be more acceptances

• Care
Accepted student here- I know this isn't hard data but our FB group has 52 members and the GroupMe only has 48 so I'm guessing there will be more acceptances
The group is now increasing in size now lol. I think your message signaled people who were accepted but not in the group to finally join haha

Just was accepted today! what’s the GroupMe’s name? I don’t have Facebook lol

"TCU & UNTHSC 2025" Can you find it that way or do I need to send you a direct link?

I’ll send it to you directly!

Edit: Sorry, replied to the wrong person lol

12th edition should be fine! Also, I would hold off on buying... low key all the books are available as pdfs online! I'm sure they'll be going around soon.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at that lol

Edit: I wonder how many people in there are admin people or upperclassmen to provide info

Big mood but I will literally accept the offer and pull up even if they accept me on the first day of class 🤪 I refuse to give up until classes start HAHA
Same, I have a plan for that last minute call just in case :lol:

• Haha
  • Love

Edit: I wonder how many people in there are admin people or upperclassmen to provide info
FB Group now has 56 people guys. Assuming there’s people accepted that aren’t in this group…..we have a problem lol

• Sad

I know that there is at least one person in the class above us who posted that she was searching for roommates, so I'm sure there are a few in there!

• Care
I know that there is at least one person in the class above us who posted that she was searching for roommates, so I'm sure there are a few in there!
Wait…was this in the fb group or the group me? I thought I had moved on, was trying not to get my hopes up lol

I’m actually curious how an upperclassman made their way into these groups despite the fact that the groups weren’t school sponsored from what I’ve been told…

Wait…was this in the fb group or the group me? I thought I had moved on, was trying not to get my hopes up lol

I’m actually curious how an upperclassman made their way into these groups despite the fact that the groups weren’t school sponsored from what I’ve been told…

It was facebook! And yeah I’m not admin or anything so I have no idea. Plus like I said I only saw one person for sure! So who knows!!

It was facebook! And yeah I’m not admin or anything so I have no idea. Plus like I said I only saw one person for sure! So who knows!!
Is the admin an admitted student in the incoming class?

Honestly, if it’s true that there are open slots in the class, I wonder why no ones reported anything since Monday. If I had to guess, I seriously think the class is quietly filled now. Best case is others off sdn got the call and are debating whether to accept or not before TCU keeps going down the waitlist.

I would find it highly abnormal if this post-CTE acceptance wave gets drawn out past this week but we never know with the way this cycle went for a lot of people.

Does anyone on the waitlist here have acceptances elsewhere and just waiting for TCU?

Does anyone on the waitlist here have acceptances elsewhere and just waiting for TCU?
The school I’m set to attend is an OOS DO school located a world apart from Texas (like on the other side of the country), still waitlisted at TCU and another Texas school. I’ve been sitting on this acceptance for like 4-5 months and I already signed a lease there and filled most of the matriculation paperwork, so I’m pretty ready to just move on and forget about all this haha. It was good while it lasted…

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Nope 😢 this is my last hope lool. I'm hoping they make calls today but it seems like they might be done for the week, if they make any more calls at all
Honestly man, it’s just difficult to come to terms with a concession of defeat, but me not getting into one of my top choices is something I’ll perceive to be a temporary setback in a long career ahead of us. Every attempt I made to matriculate to a decent Texas school over the past 6 years was thwarted, I wonder if that’s just a sign from the universe pointing to something greater at this point haha

• Care
Just got accepted to another MD school yesterday so will be dropping out of TCU waitlist. Goodluck to you and everyone else still waiting. Good news will come!!

• Love
  • Care
Just got accepted to another MD school yesterday so will be dropping out of TCU waitlist. Goodluck to you and everyone else still waiting. Good news will come!!
you lived up to your username, congrats man!

No updates this week?
GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

One member on our group me forum announced yesterday that she’ll be attending another school. Hopefully that opens up a spot for one of y’all.
Interesting, I was notified of this report recently actually. Upon further investigation, it appears this applicant actually created the group me forum many months ago, and likely got an offer around then. I try to be as optimistic as possible in these threads, but it shouldn’t be possible for this applicant to leave TCU to go to another school over two weeks after the CTE deadline (some rare exceptions). I’m inclined to believe that this person left TCU weeks ago and didn’t announce it till recently, but who knows the real answers. If a spot really opened up now, perhaps we won’t see anything happen till early next week.

So I guess TCU is saving the best for last? Hmm....

• Haha
They've got enough room for a few more people...right? 😅

They've got enough room for a few more people...right? 😅
Well, the group me isn’t filled to 60+ as far as I know, but I think there’s some pesky lurkers that probably don’t know the group exists lol