You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 TCU & UNTHSC
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes!!Anyone attending the "Assessment, Curriculum, and YOU" session tomorrow morning?
We don't deserve youGoing to be withdrawing my acceptance here. Hope it goes to someone on the WL!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
It is mandatoryDoes anyone know if class attendance is mandatory?
For any upcoming applicants / anyone reading this thread in the future: curriculum is taught in small group, case-based/problem-based format. No traditional lectures. So attendance is mandatory, but if you're more of a study at home/watch-pre-recorded-lectures-at-your-own-pace person, this might not be the program for you.Does anyone know if class attendance is mandatory?
About how many hours/days a week do you guys spend in these small groups?For any upcoming applicants / anyone reading this thread in the future: curriculum is taught in small group, case-based/problem-based format. No traditional lectures. So attendance is mandatory, but if you're more of a study at home/watch-pre-recorded-lectures-at-your-own-pace person, this might not be the program for you.
I'm not a current student, just an applicant on the waitlist! This is info I've gathered from research and the curriculum deep dive sessions. On the Curriculum page of their website, they do say that they limit structured classroom time to less than 20 hours/week.About how many hours/days a week do you guys spend in these small groups?
hopefuldoctor319
Full Member
Hey everyone! Does anyone know if some of us on the waitlist may be getting calls tomorrow if some students have already declined their acceptances?
MS1 here. Here’s a breakdown of our class schedule. It varies a bit depending on classes that don’t meet every single week, your LIC assignment, and your clinical skills day (Tuesday or Wednesday).About how many hours/days a week do you guys spend in these small groups?
Monday: class 9 am-12 pm
Tuesday: I have clinical skills 1 pm-5pm
Wednesday: class 9 am- 12 pm and sometimes SPT from 1 pm- 3pm.
Thursday: class 9 am - 12 pm and I have LIC every other Thursday from 1 pm- 5 pm.
Friday: class 9 am - 12 pm.
again this varies based on your clinical skills day, if you have SPT that week and if one of the monthly classes is meeting. This is a general feel for the schedule though. No promises it’ll be the same for you next year, but I’m assuming it’s pretty similar!
This is starting to feel like the powerball hahaPraying all of us on waitlist get good news this week. #StayingHopeful #Relentless
Has any accepted student received financial aid offers yet?
Yes, got mine today at around 3:15 PST
insponation44
New Member
Is there a groupme or something for accepted students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you accepted today?Is there a groupme or something for accepted students?
insponation44
New Member
YesWere you accepted today?
DogLover14
Full Member
For those on the waitlist-what are you doing about work? I have several great healthcare leadership job offers on the line, but I don't want to keep them waiting for too long. Are you all delaying job opportunities for July, or planning to quit if you get accepted? I've been transparent with all of them that there's a possibility I get in off of the alternate list.
I would take the job, get started, and be okay with walking away if necessary. You haven't misled them, so they understand the possibility That's what I'm doing with the possibility of getting into a different school off the waitlist rather than the school I'm signed up to attend. I've even had conversations with my possible future landlady at my place that I might not actually move in. Good luck!For those on the waitlist-what are you doing about work? I have several great healthcare leadership job offers on the line, but I don't want to keep them waiting for too long. Are you all delaying job opportunities for July, or planning to quit if you get accepted? I've been transparent with all of them that there's a possibility I get in off of the alternate list.
CongratulationsJust got accepted off the alternate list!
Is there a groupme or something for accepted students?
Yes there is! Join the FB group and you should find it from there.
If you miss the call to get off the waitlist, do you have a certain time you have to reply by before they move on to the next person? I can't always answer my phone at work.
They will try again or leave voice mailIf you miss the call to get off the waitlist, do you have a certain time you have to reply by before they move on to the next person? I can't always answer my phone at work.
Does anyone know when the drug screening is due? Is it by June 1st (along with all other prematriculation tasks) or is it done on campus before the start of class?
the reason why I ask here is because the link for this information on their website does not work, I think it’s an outdated page
the reason why I ask here is because the link for this information on their website does not work, I think it’s an outdated page
Last edited:
Hi all, I’m a non-trad with a wife and a kid. We are looking at buying a house in Mansfield which means I’ll be commuting to campus. I was wondering if any current student or anyone familiar with the area can give me an insight into this commute. How feasible is a 30 minute to campus?
Hey there. I have classmates who have been just fine commuting from Dallas and Ennis. I will say it has been easier for them because our first year was a good chunk online. For your class, you may want to think about the commute more because you may be coming in person 3 or 4 times a week. Reach out to the school and see if they have a rough estimate of when you will need to be in person. My class was in person basically once a week.Hi all, I’m a non-trad with a wife and a kid. We are looking at buying a house in Mansfield which means I’ll be commuting to campus. I was wondering if any current student or anyone familiar with the area can give me an insight into this commute. How feasible is a 30 minute to campus?
The point is that it is totally doable!
I'm not sure about the traffic coming from that side of town, but I commute about 25 min to campus. Your year will likely be in person 5x a week MHD lecture: M,W,Th,F. Clinical Skills will either be on Tuesday or Wednesday for you. SPT will be on the other day. I would expect to be on campus every week day. You would run into "rush hour" for clinical skills, which ends at 5, and possibly for morning lectures, which start at 9. I suggest you throw the two addresses into Waze and look at the predicted traffic for various days and times. For fun, I put in the SOM and Mansfield into Waze and tested morning and evening commute... looks like the traffic isn't typically too bad. (If you don't know how to do this, type in an address and select "view more times." You can then select any location instead of your current location, along with the day and time.)Hi all, I’m a non-trad with a wife and a kid. We are looking at buying a house in Mansfield which means I’ll be commuting to campus. I was wondering if any current student or anyone familiar with the area can give me an insight into this commute. How feasible is a 30 minute to campus?
I think 30 min is doable. If you have a rotation in Dallas during MS2 , it might be a little bit of a drive (think 40+ min), but that's a future you problem and certainly not a permanent thing. We aren't on campus much because of COVID, but I don't mind the commute. You can always play some study material to listen to while you drive haha.
Thanks for the insight. I will reach out to the school and see what they think.Hey there. I have classmates who have been just fine commuting from Dallas and Ennis. I will say it has been easier for them because our first year was a good chunk online. For your class, you may want to think about the commute more because you may be coming in person 3 or 4 times a week. Reach out to the school and see if they have a rough estimate of when you will need to be in person. My class was in person basically once a week.
The point is that it is totally doable!
Thank you for your insight. I’ve put in both addresses in Waze and it looks like the commute ain’t so bad. I know some days will be worse than others. I will just have to organize my commute times.I'm not sure about the traffic coming from that side of town, but I commute about 25 min to campus. Your year will likely be in person 5x a week MHD lecture: M,W,Th,F. Clinical Skills will either be on Tuesday or Wednesday for you. SPT will be on the other day. I would expect to be on campus every week day. You would run into "rush hour" for clinical skills, which ends at 5, and possibly for morning lectures, which start at 9. I suggest you throw the two addresses into Waze and look at the predicted traffic for various days and times. For fun, I put in the SOM and Mansfield into Waze and tested morning and evening commute... looks like the traffic isn't typically too bad. (If you don't know how to do this, type in an address and select "view more times." You can then select any location instead of your current location, along with the day and time.)
I think 30 min is doable. If you have a rotation in Dallas during MS2 , it might be a little bit of a drive (think 40+ min), but that's a future you problem and certainly not a permanent thing. We aren't on campus much because of COVID, but I don't mind the commute. You can always play some study material to listen to while you drive haha.
Also know that there are some rotations during 2nd year that are in Mansfield and you can inform the school that you live out there so they can match your rotations more to that area rather than FW!Thank you for your insight. I’ve put in both addresses in Waze and it looks like the commute ain’t so bad. I know some days will be worse than others. I will just have to organize my commute times.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for that information. That’s definitely gonna make my rotations a whole lot better.Also know that there are some rotations during 2nd year that are in Mansfield and you can inform the school that you live out there so they can match your rotations more to that area rather than FW!
I believe the cutoff for acceptance is the first day of orientation which is July 12thDoes anyone know when alternate list applicants will get a final decision if they're not accepted?
Withdrew my acceptance today! Hope my spot goes to one of you 😍
Some horned frog hospitality!Withdrew my acceptance today! Hope my spot goes to one of you 😍
Does anyone know a rough estimate for their alternate list size?
I emailed them a while back, they said they wouldn't disclose the number. So it could really be anywhere from 40 to 200 being that last year they interviewed 270 people and they take 60 students.Does anyone know a rough estimate for their alternate list size?
I will add that the number of people that get the post II R is probably an underestimate on this forum because I did talk to a few people who got into other schools that did get rejected here a long time ago after their interview but never posted. I still feel that the pool is pretty big this year...I emailed them a while back, they said they wouldn't disclose the number. So it could really be anywhere from 40 to 200 being that last year they interviewed 270 people and they take 60 students.
Feel like it's about time to bring this bad boy back around.
View attachment 337208
(credit to last cycle's thread for OG meme usage)
Alternate list folks, I'm still pulling for us.
View attachment 337208
(credit to last cycle's thread for OG meme usage)
Alternate list folks, I'm still pulling for us.
Attachments
Did anyone get accepted here in the last 10 days? I think no one posted lolFeel like it's about time to bring this bad boy back around.
View attachment 337208
(credit to last cycle's thread for OG meme usage)
Alternate list folks, I'm still pulling for us.
I know. It's painful. Their CTE date is June 1, but hopefully people who have yet to make a decision will do so before then 🙏I'm obsessed with this school but scared there won't be much waitlist movement 😭 I'm losing hope 🙁
Also obsessed with this school, also concerned there won't be any waitlist movement 😭
The waitlist here has been suspiciously stagnant for over three weeks. Something tells me that people admitted to TCU currently (several of whom prefer a different school) couldn’t get off the waitlist elsewhere, which I wouldn’t be surprised by because threads I’ve read suggest that the waitlist is rather stagnant nationally at several schools. Thoughts anyone?Any waitlist movement this week?
Edit: For all we know maybe people got calls recently and nobody even posted, but something feels off this year regarding the waitlist. I would guess the next major opportunity for acceptance is the June 1 CTE deadline but no one knows the answers here.
Last edited:
My dudes. My babes. I GOT THE CALL!!!
I am, quite literally, shook. Unbelievably excited and pulling so hard for all of my folks still hanging on. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive in this insane cycle!
I am, quite literally, shook. Unbelievably excited and pulling so hard for all of my folks still hanging on. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive in this insane cycle!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YEEEESSSS!! I am so so SO happy for you!!!!My dudes. My babes. I GOT THE CALL!!!
I am, quite literally, shook. Unbelievably excited and pulling so hard for all of my folks still hanging on. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive in this insane cycle!
So hopefully my nearly 7 month wait will pay off? Yikes...
I’ve been on hold since November and I just got pulled off the waitlist yesterday, so there’s still hope!So hopefully my nearly 7 month wait will pay off? Yikes...
Did you interview 11/9? I thought I tied the record for most CCs here with one other fellow applicant lolI’ve been on hold since November and I just got pulled off the waitlist yesterday, so there’s still hope!
Yes I interviewed 11/9 and was CC for sooo long!Did you interview 11/9? I thought I tied the record for most CCs here with one other fellow applicant lol