2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have they sent out any lls recently? Should us complete gang since July just assume it's a soft R that'll ruin our Christmas later?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Surely some acceptances have to go out tomorrow, no?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they sent out any lls recently? Should us complete gang since July just assume it's a soft R that'll ruin our Christmas later?

tbh-- and this goes for a lot of people on SDN i guess-- is there any use in worrying this way about it?

just relax. the pieces will fall into place eventually if it's meant to be

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate after the interview is? Like what percent of interviewees are accepted?

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate after the interview is? Like what percent of interviewees are accepted?
I think it's somewhere in the ballpark of 30-40% depending on IS or OOS according to those nifty acceptance data spreadsheets. I don't have the link on hand but if you do some searching it will come up. Note: We have no idea if it is accurate for this cycle!

mededits says that about 44% of interviewees were accepted last year, but I don't know how accurate it is.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if you can get an R from the Geffen school before the Prime program? I know the interviews are completely separate. I was curious if I haven't been rejected from here because I am Prime applicant. Once i get Rd from prime, I think it would lead to me getting Rd from Geffen.

Does anyone know if you can get an R from the Geffen school before the Prime program? I know the interviews are completely separate. I was curious if I haven't been rejected from here because I am Prime applicant. Once i get Rd from prime, I think it would lead to me getting Rd from Geffen.

From what I understand is that if you aren't chosen to interview with Prime you would be deferred to Geffen regular MD. So i don't think you'll officially receive a rejection from Geffen until after you receive one from the Prime program.

From what I understand is that if you aren't chosen to interview with Prime you would be deferred to Geffen regular MD. So i don't think you'll officially receive a rejection from Geffen until after you receive one from the Prime program.
Makes total sense, its why I haven't got the R yet lol

Makes total sense, its why I haven't got the R yet lol

Don't be so pessimistic! Haha maybe they actually love your app! I also know Prime usually interviews later than the regular MD. Good luck and have faith in yourself/application :)

• Care
It seems that they are still behind schedule compared to last year, they have only released very few decisions :(
Interviewed 8/31

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!! Not sure how to feel right now it just doesn't seem real. Keep your heads up everyone they're still coming!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I just got an interview invite!!! Complete 8/27

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call!! Not sure how to feel right now it just doesn't seem real. Keep your heads up everyone they're still coming!
Wow congrats! I’m glad the wait is over for you! Would you mind sharing your stats also?

Any Aug 24/31 interviewees here didn't hear back yet?

Considering I just heard back yesterday evening for 8/31, I'd say there's a super high chance that many still haven't heard.

Considering I just heard back yesterday evening for 8/31, I'd say there's a super high chance that many still haven't heard.

That sounds logical yes! I'm also wondering if they send out decisions in different waves if interviewees are IS/OOS/international

That sounds logical yes! I'm also wondering if they send out decisions in different waves if interviewees are IS/OOS/international

I wouldn't be surprised! I'm IS so that may be a leg up there. I'd say my news has likely has no bearing on when you'll hear or chances of admission. I can say I'm keeping my fingers crossed though! :)

I'm international and got notified on Oct 15th. I don't think your geographical location makes any difference as to when they notify you, I could be wrong though.

I'm international and got notified on Oct 15th. I don't think your geographical location makes any difference as to when they notify you, I could be wrong though.

Thanks for sharing that, it's very helpful! I am international too and was wondering if decision times were related to that but I guess not.

II last night! OOS with no ties to the region/cali other than living in Oregon for a year. Secondary submitted 9/30/2020

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Any news about the Geffen scholarship for the people who got the A?

Last edited:
Any news about the Geffen scholarship for the people who got the A?
I was told they will start announcing Geffen scholarship recipients closer to 2021 or in early 2021. It seems they want to get a better picture of their incoming class before they award scholarships.

Reactions: 3 users
I was told they will start announcing Geffen scholarship recipients closer to 2021 or in early 2021. It seems they want to get a better picture of their incoming class before they award scholarships.

Seconded ^

December 7th! The only date in December. I also saw they had a date in January as well.
Happy for you... but I was offered the II in October and the earliest date was in January. Laughing thru the pain.

• Care
To people who have interviewed already, how many people were there during your interview?