2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For need-based aid, do they specify that it is need based scholarship/aid?
They do not say what kind of scholarship it is when they give you the provisional award letter. I only know because I emailed and asked.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do we access our most recent financial aid letter? And does the Dean's Award count as a merit scholarship? How did those with the Geffen find out about being awarded? Thanks!!

Reactions: 1 user
How do we access our most recent financial aid letter? And does the Dean's Award count as a merit scholarship? How did those with the Geffen find out about being awarded? Thanks!!
Im familiar with the Geffen but what exactly is the Deans award ? :)

For anyone else on the WL, have your essays been deleted by the system under your Secondary Application tab?

There is a, "This page is incomplete," message at the top of the page. It has a different set of essay questions than those I filled out last cycle, so it's possible that this occurs when they are opening up for new apps.

Did any former applicants on this thread get an interview from UCLA after submitting their secondary close to the 2-week deadline? I just finished my secondary for the 2022 cycle and submitted it right before the deadline, so I wanted to see if a 2-week timestamp is still okay.

Reactions: 1 user
Did any former applicants on this thread get an interview from UCLA after submitting their secondary close to the 2-week deadline? I just finished my secondary for the 2022 cycle and submitted it right before the deadline, so I wanted to see if a 2-week timestamp is still okay.
I I submitted mine 5 minutes before the deadline and got in with Geffen so you’re good!!

I know this thread is from the previous year, but I was curious whether receiving an invite email to the brown bag sessions after an II signifies admissions decisions. For example, if someone received an interview and invite to a brown bag session before their interview date but did not receive one for the following brown bag session, is that a bad sign? Honestly asking for a worried friend.
Not at all unfortunately