2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also accepted by the phone call! I was napping and called back so it was a nice way to wake up lol. I interviewed 1/8
lmao same here, was about the get asleep and got the call! Interviewed 1/5, OOS no ties.

Members don't see this ad.

Also got the call, was pleasantly surprised by the turnaround! Interviewed 1/5

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I'm sure you hear this all the time but CONGRATU-f*ing-LATIONS on your successful cycle!!! Any tips?
Thank you!! Honestly, besides getting a competitive MCAT score, I’d say let your humanity and compassion show throughout your essays. My path to medicine is very unique and writing about it wasn’t easy because it presented me in a vulnerable state (which I hate) but it’s been praised by almost every single interviewer, and I’m glad I decided to be 100% honest when writing my experiences.

• Care
just got the alternate list status update! interviewed 1/8. bummed but congratulations to all accepted yesterday :)

• Care
Anyone interview more than 6 weeks ago and still haven't heard back? (Interviewed on Nov 10th and haven't heard anything since, no changes to applicant portal either, still says application complete) I've tried emailing the adcom but have not received a reply to either email I sent, not sure what to do at this point, but I love the program so I don't want to give up on them

• Wow
Is this school pass fail for the first two years?
It is pass fail but they do quartile ranking so they tell you if you are in the top quarter, third, second, or bottom.

• Sad
II! OOS, complete late July - I'm trying to reschedule and saw that there are about 10 days left

Reactions: 2 users
II! OOS complete early August

Interview date next week

Reactions: 3 users
Interviews end here this month, which means we have about 2 weeks left for interviews to be handed out. What’s the shortest notice anyone’s been given between a II and the interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews end here this month, which means we have about 2 weeks left for interviews to be handed out. What’s the shortest notice anyone’s been given between a II and the interview day?
I thought they were interviewing until April. On there website it says February but apparently when people had interviews the adcoms said they are interviewing till April.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I thought they were interviewing until April. On there website it says February but apparently when people had interviews the adcoms said they are interviewing till April.
Yes this is what they told me as well. They will also be maintaining the ~65% acceptance rate for every single interview session regardless of if you interviewed in September or April so your chances are always very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
II last night (sched 2/12)! Completed 9/1, update sent two weeks ago.

II last night. Complete mid-Sept. OOS, LM 75

My II was yesterday and my interview is in two days

• Wow
Please someone help asap haha. What time zone are the interview times in? Maybe i’m blind, but i dont see that info anywhere. Im scheduled for 7:45 am and im in California. If thats in EST, im kind of screwed lol

edit: oh god i looked again and its EST. Im done for

• Haha
Please someone help asap haha. What time zone are the interview times in? Maybe i’m blind, but i dont see that info anywhere. Im scheduled for 7:45 am and im in California. If thats in EST, im kind of screwed lol
Cincinnati is EST and my times were EST. Your portal should say exactly what time and timezone they mean.

Any chance you could schedule to later? Not sure how they set up their interviews. Good luck though!
If you truly have a conflict, you can email them to explain your situation and get a later date (I think someone else posted that they rescheduled to a later date)

Yep. Im dead.
Yeah, definitely reach out to them lol. I had an afternoon interview and I remember them making a specific comment about the afternoon groups being west coast heavy to accommodate for the time difference.

Mine was scheduled for noon EST which is definitely helpful as a Californian.

Ok, it just me or does UC's interview system requirements seem like the most convoluted thing ever in the history of med school interviews. Just send me a zoom link man. :oops:

Reactions: 5 users
Ok, it just me or does UC's interview system requirements seem like the most convoluted thing ever in the history of med school interviews. Just send me a zoom link man. :oops:
I know! I had to use my in-laws extremely old windows laptop bc my Mac didn't have enough space for bootcamp. The system check up took 1 hour and my image from the webcam had like 10 pixels.

Do you still need a windows computer for it? I have a gaming PC I made but it doesn't have a webcam or mic... might just buy one and return it after lol

• Haha
To all who asked, this unfortunately WAS my rescheduled interview. Tuesday’s don’t work for me, and this is the only Friday available for a month. I’m just gonna have to tough it out i think haha.

• Care
  • Sad
Do you still need a windows computer for it? I have a gaming PC I made but it doesn't have a webcam or mic... might just buy one and return it after lol
So I only have a Mac and I emailed the admissions office about rescheduling, one of the admission officers called my cell to let me know that they can't reschedule at the moment but can work around being on a Mac, with some added instructions. I recommend you reach out to them too!

Pre interview rejection. Just now, not sure why they waited. I saw that they sent a few pre II R a few months back. Oh well

Pre-II R. Complete 10/4.

Last edited:
  • Care
Pre-II R. I still don't understand based on other schools I have interviewed with, but good luck to those still standing!

Should I be concerned? I was complete late September but never heard anything back. Anyone else in the same boat. I am applying MSTP tho but I am not sure if they are reviewed separately from MD.

Complete early/mid August, submitted an update in November, and no news :/

So I only have a Mac and I emailed the admissions office about rescheduling, one of the admission officers called my cell to let me know that they can't reschedule at the moment but can work around being on a Mac, with some added instructions. I recommend you reach out to them too!
They actually reached out to me over the phone too! I ended up driving to Best Buy and buying a $20 webcam for my PC

How strictly did those who interviewed adhere to their request that interviewees have a “blank wall” background? I don’t have any completely blank walls that are in enclosed rooms, but what’s on them are just generic old-timey pictures (i.e. not very distracting, I think).
ur good. dont stress abt it.

II now
Comp - Sep 07

WHOA II. OOS. complete 9/18.

II just now as well IS. Complete 10/20

Anyone know how much they value thank you letters? They mentioned that it was a nice touch, but im not really sure how to write a thank you letter for an MMI lol. I worry it will sound super generic, but will do it if it will really make a difference to them.

Anyone know how much they value thank you letters? They mentioned that it was a nice touch, but im not really sure how to write a thank you letter for an MMI lol. I worry it will sound super generic, but will do it if it will really make a difference to them.
Thank you letters for MMI’s is pretty much a waste of time. It might only play a limited role for traditional interviews.

I think it's worth writing a thank you letter even if it's somewhat generic. Cincinnati has put a lot of work into their interview days and virtual second looks.

Also when I interviewed they really stressed how much they appreciate thank you letters and that you can even add a thank you letter as an update to your app or email it to them.

I don't think a thank you letter will make or break your app but it's a simple gesture to show further interest. I got accepted at UCCOM and I'm a pretty good applicant but I think a big part of them choosing me was saying how much I loved Cincinnati and its culture in my secondary essays and also the thank you letter I sent.

Last edited:
I think it's worth writing a thank you letter even if it's somewhat generic. Cincinnati has put a lot of work into their interview days and virtual second looks.

Also when I interviewed they really stressed how much they appreciate thank you letters and that you can even add a thank you letter as an update to your resume or email it to them.

I don't think a thank you letter will make or break your app but it's a simple gesture to show further interest. I got accepted at UCCOM and I'm a pretty good applicant but I think a big part of them choosing me was saying how much I loved Cincinnati and its culture in my secondary essays and also the thank you letter I sent.
I remember them saying to my session that a HANDWRITTEN thank you letter scanned into a PDF was extra nice!

Reactions: 4 users