2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know around how many people have been admitted so far this cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
or about how many people are in the admitted groupme?

Is the admissions team still sending IIs on Monday-Wednesday only?

Is the admissions team still sending IIs on Monday-Wednesday only?
It seems like majority go out Mondays and Wednesdays but I got mine on a Thursday so seems like could kinda come whenever

Reactions: 1 users
I was honestly surprised that the adcom still met this Monday with all the snow we have here in Memphis. It’s possible but unlikely that they meet again this week

Do you think the Facebook or GM groups are pretty representative?
No way to know for sure, but I would bet the class is between 50-75% full. Interviews went into April last cycle

I feel like I haven’t heard of anyone getting an A in a while
I know they reviewed a lot of files feb 12 last Friday as per my interview just haven’t heard back so wasn’t sure

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm an accepted student for next year, can anyone share with me the links to join the GroupMe and Facebook page?

I interviewed last week, waiting to hear back. Did anyone else interview last week? I’ve heard that they sometimes respond quickly near the end of the cycle. I am going to provide my stats so you can see why I’m a little worried (lol):
IS, 2.51 (non-trad), 517 (130/129/128/130)

I interviewed last week, waiting to hear back. Did anyone else interview last week? I’ve heard that they sometimes respond quickly near the end of the cycle. I am going to provide my stats so you can see why I’m a little worried (lol):
IS, 2.51 (non-trad), 517 (130/129/128/130)
Also interviewed last week also have not heard back yet so we’re both waiting lol my stats fall above avg for UT based on MSAR I think they said they were reviewing files last Friday so I thought I’d have an update this week but I know Memphis has been shut down so maybe they’re waiting to call ? Or slowed down ?

Also interviewed last week also have not heard back yet so we’re both waiting lol my stats fall above avg for UT based on MSAR I think they said they were reviewing files last Friday so I thought I’d have an update this week but I know Memphis has been shut down so maybe they’re waiting to call ? Or slowed down ?
Yeah, I was thinking maybe they're also slowed down with the snow as well. We are where I'm at for sure! But the thing I'm most worried about is my cGPA is well below ANY medical school's standards (but I have maintained a 3.96 since returning as a non-trad undergrad, so it was not dwelt on in my interview, thankfully). But my MCAT is well above their average.
Edit: Also, I do believe the UTHSC was completely shut down the past few days (someone correct me if I'm wrong please!). So I'm not sure if that means they decided to postpone Adcom, or if they still had them virtually.

Last edited:
Just got the call!! First MD acceptance :'))

Complete 8/28, Interviewed a week ago on 1/5. IS, ORM, LM 69 high MCAT, low GPA
Congratulations!
I'm in a similar situation. I interviewed last week, 517 MCAT, 2.51 cGPA.
Edit: To add perspective to my GPA, I am a non-trad who took a several year break; I have maintained a 3.96 GPA since returning.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe they're also slowed down with the snow as well. We are where I'm at for sure! But the thing I'm most worried about is my cGPA is well below ANY medical school's standards (but I have maintained a 3.96 since returning as a non-trad undergrad, so it was not dwelt on in my interview, thankfully). But my MCAT is well above their average.
Edit: Also, I do believe the UTHSC was completely shut down the past few days (someone correct me if I'm wrong please!). So I'm not sure if that means they decided to postpone Adcom, or if they still had them virtually.
You’re 3.96 def helps ur app a lot and shows growth n improvement! Pls update us if you get the A call and I’ll do the same. Good luck!

You’re 3.96 def helps ur app a lot and shows growth n improvement! Pls update us if you get the A call and I’ll do the same. Good luck!
I absolutely will! Yes, please do the same, if you don't mind! Thank you for your responses. It's nice to have someone with a similar interview timeline to discuss with!

Acceptance call on a Sunday ! Good luck to us all

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Also they did express they were running a little slower bc of the recent snowstorms

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone been accepted off of a hold yet?

has anyone been accepted off of a hold yet?
I have a friend at my school who did a few weeks ago. They got a letter indicating they were waitlisted, then got a call with an acceptance like two weeks later.

Any more advice on the interview? I know why UTHSC and what I want to do there, but is there anything else I should be aware of before my interview? Also, more along the lines of a stupid question but if the interview is in CST and I am in EST, I would log in an hour after the CST time?

Any more advice on the interview? I know why UTHSC and what I want to do there, but is there anything else I should be aware of before my interview? Also, more along the lines of a stupid question but if the interview is in CST and I am in EST, I would log in an hour after the CST time?
I’m also EST and interviewed last week - was completely neurotic about the time zone thing lol, yes just log in an hour after! It made me feel calmer to add a CST city to my world clock app to double check my times

Does anyone know if the campus closure until further notice would delay hearing anything from the admissions committee?

Does anyone know if the campus closure until further notice would delay hearing anything from the admissions committee?
I have no idea, but I would assume that the adcom was meeting remotely anyway. At the worst, it would delay things a week because the boil water notice will hopefully be over soon.

Current counts on the accepted student social medias: GroupMe - 92. Facebook - 106.

Reactions: 6 users
Current counts on the accepted student social medias: GroupMe - 92. Facebook - 106.
Do we think that there are people in those groups that won’t be committing to UTHSC?? Trying to figure out how full the class is..

Last year there were 247 acceptances so that's encouraging to hear

Reactions: 5 users
How can I find the GroupMe and FB for accepted students?
UTHSC has student ambassadors that will send the FB link to the accepted student's email! There is also a link in the GroupMe to the FB page (and vice versa). You can also send a PM to me or others with your phone number and they can add to the GroupMe that way :)

I had a very wonderful interview day experience here! Thanks for the advice given earlier, now begins the wait with fingers super crossed.

• Love
UTHSC has student ambassadors that will send the FB link to the accepted student's email! There is also a link in the GroupMe to the FB page (and vice versa). You can also send a PM to me or others with your phone number and they can add to the GroupMe that way :)
Great! Thank you.

Interviewed 2/10 and haven’t heard anything since. Anybody interviewed around then in the same boat?

Thought I received an interview this morning, but it was just an email about the FAFSA being completed :rofl: Darn lol

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who’s waiting to hear back:
I spoke with an M1 at UTHSC on the phone for a good while today, a friend of mine from undergrad, and they interviewed around this time last year. They did NOT receive a phone call with their acceptance; they knew they were accepted when they got the acceptance packet in the mail.

Reactions: 3 users
I wanted to add, Dr. Fulton said on my interview this week if you haven't heard within two-three weeks after your interview, you can email him if you're curious to know what stage your application is in post-interview.

Has anyone that hasn’t received an interview contacted anyone at UTHSC? I know they have info on their site about the interview process going until April.... but I’m getting so anxious because it’s so late... if anyone has any info or has reached out to ask about interview dates please let me know. — I know UTHSC is slow, but I’m still starting to freak out.

Has anyone that hasn’t received an interview contacted anyone at UTHSC? I know they have info on their site about the interview process going until April.... but I’m getting so anxious because it’s so late... if anyone has any info or has reached out to ask about interview dates please let me know. — I know UTHSC is slow, but I’m still starting to freak out.
I haven't received any information either. I have been told they send rejection letters, so I'm waiting for that.