2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today!

II received today! In case people were wondering: IS, 507, 3.66, no publications, and an IA, so don't count yourselves out just yet.

When were your guys' complete dates? (and stats if you don't mind sharing)

Members don't see this ad.

For those who've been interviewed, when do they let you know about who will interview you and give the the full schedule? Aside from the interview formatting, I haven't really been given anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who've been interviewed, when do they let you know about who will interview you and give the the full schedule? Aside from the interview formatting, I haven't really been given anything.
They let you know the morning of your interview. Once you sign up for your interview day they should send an email within a day or two with the schedule for the day.

Reactions: 1 user
They let you know who you will be interviewing with the morning of. Expect two interviews. One will focus on academics and the other will focus on you as a person. There is also a virtual tour held midway through the day, but they’ll let you know all of that in the confirmation email.

anyone know if reapplicants only have one interview?

is that new this year? I heard in the past reapplicants only had one
Last year, I was a first time applicant and got one interview. This year, I was a reapplicant and got two interviews. So who really knows

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Not yet! Hoping maybe later this week or next week! :)
I emailed dustin and he said that they hope to meet this week which means we should get the call early next week

Reactions: 2 users
Do we need to pay that $75 processing fee right away after being accepted or can I procrastinate that a few months?
There was like only one page where it said that this needs to be paid within 2 weeks of getting your netID

has anyone who interviewed been waitlisted/rejected?

Hello all,
For those who have been accepted and would like to be added to a UTHSC groupme, just PM me your phone number! I figure we have enough people by now (maybe). I will try to add people when I get the chance.

Wow, just got the call from Dr. Miller! Accepted! Such a fast turnaround. I interviewed on 11/17.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Got the acceptance call yesterday evening, my first one! Yeeeeeeeeee!!

(2° submitted 8/28, interviewed 11/18, IS, ORM, pm me for stats)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just received a II today. I interviewed here last year and was promptly rejected, honestly wasn’t expecting to hear back from them.

For the stat goblins out there:
IS, 512, 3.9, meh to pretty good ECs (no research lots of clinical), complete sometime in August I think...

edit: corrected “here” to “hear”...my gosh gap years make you stupid as hell...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just received a II today. I interviewed here last year and was promptly rejected, honestly wasn’t expecting to here back from them.

IS, 512, 3.9, meh to pretty good ECs (no research lots of clinical), complete sometime in August I think...
Congrats! Good luck in your interview. When were the interviews scheduled out to?

Just received a II today. I interviewed here last year and was promptly rejected, honestly wasn’t expecting to hear back from them.

edit: corrected “here” to “hear”...my gosh gap years make you stupid as hell...
Did they notify you by email or phone call that you didn’t get accepted the first time ?

Do we need to pay that $75 processing fee right away after being accepted or can I procrastinate that a few months?

At which step do we need to pay the processing fee? Is this after accepting the acceptance offer? Is 4/30/2020 the deadline to accept?

At which step do we need to pay the processing fee? Is this after accepting the acceptance offer? Is 4/30/2020 the deadline to accept?
I have no idea. I just went ahead and paid it, but I think you have to get your UT NetID to pay it. I could be wrong. It took them like 2/3 weeks after my acceptance to get me that stuff though.

I have no idea. I just went ahead and paid it, but I think you have to get your UT NetID to pay it. I could be wrong. It took them like 2/3 weeks after my acceptance to get me that stuff though.
I have the NetID and have not paid it

I completed my secondary Sept. 8. I haven't heard anything back. Is this indicative that I won't receive an II at this point? My MCAT had not resulted yet at that time, but I'm wondering if I should start anticipating a rejection. So disappointed.

No, this school is normally slow and there's no telling what impact COVID may have had on this school. Wait till interviews conclude and then worry. I too have not heard anything back but I am confident that we may hear back soon. For what it's worth if you go back in the previous threads you can see that some people didn't hear back until March and got accepted then.

Reactions: 1 users
No, this school is normally slow and there's no telling what impact COVID may have had on this school. Wait till interviews conclude and then worry. I too have not heard anything back but I am confident that we may hear back soon. For what it's worth if you go back in the previous threads you can see that some people didn't hear back until March and got accepted then.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I don't actually know my MCAT score since I took it "late" in the cycle. I never felt good about it, and so I'm not quite ready to look at it until I start preparing to re-take it. I was only able to apply to a handful of schools but no rejections or interviews yet. Trying to be patient yet proactive.

You're very welcome! I remember how hard it was to look at the score I received despite feeling good about it, take as long as you need before you are ready to look. I suggest if you can't bring yourself to view your score ask someone close to you to tell you if it's good (what you define as good), ok (what you define as ok), and then not as good (what you define as not as good).

Reactions: 2 users
Also has anyone been waitlisted or rejected or not told anything after an interview yet?

Received the acceptance call last night!

Interviewed 12/2
Stats: 509 MCAT, 3.85 GPA, IS

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
i got the acceptance call last night too! interviewed 12/1. i got the call around 7:30 EST

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! I'm a little unclear about what exactly needs to be done once offered admission. In addition to accepting on WebAdmit and paying the $75 processing fee/setting up your email, is there anything else that needs to be done to accept the offer? Thank you!!

Hey guys! I'm a little unclear about what exactly needs to be done once offered admission. In addition to accepting on WebAdmit and paying the $75 processing fee/setting up your email, is there anything else that needs to be done to accept the offer? Thank you!!
Will follow along as well in case I'm missing anything.

Accepting on WebAdmit is not due until April 30 right?

Just got my A! For the numberphiles: ORM In-State, LizzyM of 75, 200 hrs + clinical experience, top 20 college.

Reply @JimKimSlim if you have any questions related to their interview process! (Got my A within 2 weeks post-interview) This was my top choice school due to its location, student culture, and, most importantly, cost. Will be scheduling my visit this spring (independent)!

Reactions: 4 users
'A' received last night by phone! Interviewed 12/7. I/S, LM 80, ORM. Very excited!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm so excited for everyone who has received acceptances! Congratulations! Is there anyone else still waiting to hear back post secondaries?

Reactions: 5 users
Was also excited to hear back yesterday! Got the call from Dr. Miller last night :')

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I'm so excited for everyone who has received acceptances! Congratulations! Is there anyone else still waiting to hear back post secondaries?
UTHSC is notoriously slow. I'd wager they're not at the halfway mark yet with II's and it might not even be close. Keep the faith!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone attended the Zoom informational sessions? Wondering what they're like and how formal it is.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone attended the Zoom informational sessions? Wondering what they're like and how formal it is.
I wore a hoody. It was laid back and fairly informative. The financial ones you don't even have your camera on (more of a live stream)

Who would I email if I wanted to send them this past semester's grades? I know that Nelson Strother (love that man) retired this year.
Thanks!