2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who would I email if I wanted to send them this past semester's grades? I know that Nelson Strother (love that man) retired this year.
Thanks!
I emailed the admissions email [email protected] or could email Dustin Fulton

Members don't see this ad.

II just now! IS, ORM, LM 69. Re-applicant, interviewed here on 02/11/2020 last cycle and ended up on the alternate list. Pumped to be interviewing here again!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! IS, ORM, LM 69. Re-applicant, interviewed here on 02/11/2020 last cycle and ended up on the alternate list. Pumped to be interviewing here again!
+1, was literally editing my LOI for them when I checked my email and saw the interview invite. Can't wait!

Reactions: 1 users
Should we do LOI for them?
I literally have no inside information, but as someone who was super anxious about UT (my top choice that I hadn't heard back from), I thought I might at least submit one. I don't think it's expected the way it is for some of the super low yield schools (Georgetown for example)

I literally have no inside information, but as someone who was super anxious about UT (my top choice that I hadn't heard back from), I thought I might at least submit one. I don't think it's expected the way it is for some of the super low yield schools (Georgetown for example)
I see. I'm also anxious about it. My application wasn't complete until mid-Sept. I sent my secondary before my application was completed. I can feel the window closing, and I really wanted this school. Congratulations on your interview. Something to celebrate for sure.

• Care
Should we do LOI for them?
I saw on either last year's thread or on the 2018-2019 thread that the recently retired Nelson Strother (Dean of Admissions) said that they don't take Letters of Intent super seriously - they can't assume that if someone says they WILL attend if admitted, that that will end up being the case. But it surely doesn't hurt your chances to send a letter of interest pre-interview or a letter of intent post-interview

• Care
I see. I'm also anxious about it. My application wasn't complete until mid-Sept. I sent my secondary before my application was completed. I can feel the window closing, and I really wanted this school. Congratulations on your interview. Something to celebrate for sure.
Keep the faith! Like other folks have said, UT started sending out II's literally 2 months after many other schools, it's not over yet

My app was complete early Sept, LizzyM ~70. IS, ORM. I have 4000 clinical hours, did 6 months field research, and 200+ volunteer hours (mostly nonclinical). And I still haven't heard anything about an II (or from anywhere else actually either). Any advice? It's really disheartening.

My app was complete early Sept, LizzyM ~70. IS, ORM. I have 4000 clinical hours, did 6 months field research, and 200+ volunteer hours (mostly nonclinical). And I still haven't heard anything about an II (or from anywhere else actually either). Any advice? It's really disheartening.
UTHSC tends to be slow in returning responses and extending interview invitations but I would post this question in a WAMC thread while following the template to get a better response as to your questions on not hearing anything back

Received the acceptance call earlier this morning!

Interviewed 12/14
Stats: 514 MCAT, 4.0 GPA, IS

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
(Interviewed mid-December). Anybody has been rejected or waitlisted from UT in this cycle? should I expect to be notified through mail? I am picking up every spam call but sadly none of them was from UT. :1whistle:

Last edited:
(Interviewed mid-December). Anybody has been rejected or waitlisted from UT in this cycle? should I expect to be notified through mail? I am picking up every spam call but sadly none of them was from UT. :1whistle:
Been wondering this too. No one in this thread has reported a post-interview alternate list or rejection so far. I went through and saw that 20/24 who have said they interviewed at UTHSC in this thread have been accepted. The 4 who haven't mentioned an acceptance interviewed in mid-Nov/early-Dec

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Same here :/ I thought about calling and just making sure everything in my file was complete.

• Care
I had a friend who didn’t get the acceptance call until about a month after interviewing, whereas, in my own experience, I got the call 8 days after interviewing. I think this just goes to show that the admissions process is highly variable and at times rather slow for UT, and that there really isn’t a particular structure or method to the way they do things. So don’t lose hope!

For those who are still waiting for results or II, it was recently holiday season, and the AD COMs also need breaks! Let's extend the patience from a school that is already known for their slow admissions process.

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed a few months ago, got put on hold. The hold notification came via snail mail!

For those who are still waiting for results or II, it was recently holiday season, and the AD COMs also need breaks! Let's extend the patience from a school that is already known for their slow admissions process.
you are right. ADCOMS truly deserve breaks. Been anxiously waiting for a call as I fell in love with UT through my interview process. Instead, I should focus on my work, relax, and just wait instead of being fidgety about it or checking this forum every day haha. wish good luck to everybody as well.

• Care
Yall think I should submit a letter of interest? I'm OOS, secondary complete on 9/8 and silence ever since.

Just got the call!! First MD acceptance :'))

Complete 8/28, Interviewed a week ago on 1/5. IS, ORM, LM 69 high MCAT, low GPA

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Thank you all for the replies!!!

I guess I will find out soon. Hold or R. To be or not to be.

Has anyone else gone ahead and applied to the master's of pharmacology program just in case? I still haven't gotten an II so it seems like a good plan to go ahead and be prepared.

I also haven't received an II from here, but from last year's thread, it seems that it can take a while to hear back from this school. So it's definitely not over yet, GL in your application!!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes I would love to send updates because I have quite a few. Can anyone clarify who/ how we submit updates?

Yes I would love to send updates because I have quite a few. Can anyone clarify who/ how we submit updates?
I sent mine to Dustin Fulton two weeks ago. He didn’t respond. I’m calling them tomorrow to follow up.

Just got the acceptance call earlier today :) I interviewed on 1/15.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hello all potential candidates! I am a current M1 and if you would like a totally unbiased and completely transparent look into UTHSC please please please feel free to DM me. I want everyone to be clear as to what experiences they'll have before they make this decision.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when they'll stop sending IIs? OOS applicant wondering if I still have a shot

Anyone know when they'll stop sending IIs? OOS applicant wondering if I still have a shot
they interview until march you’re def not out of the game ! they’re very slow

Also waiting for an II here but I'm IS with decent stats and I don't believe I saw a single II in this thread mentioned since early Jan so I definitely think we're still in the game

Also waiting for an II here but I'm IS with decent stats and I don't believe I saw a single II in this thread mentioned since early Jan so I definitely think we're still in the game
Same situation with me. I even got scared and emailed asking if my application was incomplete. They said it’s fully complete. Just a waiting game now. I won’t really be stressin until end of February- beginning of March

I've been wondering based on last year's entering statistics if they would interview later this cycle. They put out like ~450 II last cycle and I'm assuming most of them were for IS folks which they listed as ~700 folks. I mean I don't know how many went out but I certainly thought January would be a more active month. Not much else to do other than wait, though. GL to us both!!

I've been wondering based on last year's entering statistics if they would interview later this cycle. They put out like ~450 II last cycle and I'm assuming most of them were for IS folks which they listed as ~700 folks. I mean I don't know how many went out but I certainly thought January would be a more active month. Not much else to do other than wait, though. GL to us both!!
I think between COVID and their new admissions staff, this cycle is particularly slow. Including the major increase in the number of applicants and the high percentage of people offered interviews actually interviewing (since on zoom and at no cost)... don’t freak out yet even though it’s frustrating

• Care
I sent in my update to the admissions email on Friday but haven’t received a reply. Does it typically take them a few days to respond?