You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thecarrotrunner
New Member
I think it's sufficient to just use the portal button - but to be safe I'd just write up a quick email to admissions.For anyone that has released their acceptance, is using the “withdraw app” button on the portal sufficient or do we need to contact admissions directly?
accepted off the waitlist!!! interviewed in August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!! IS or OOS?accepted off the waitlist!!! interviewed in August
sorry for not mentioning - IS!Congrats!!!! IS or OOS?
Just got a huge scholarship offer after withdrawing my application this morning due to the COA as an OOS student and them telling us we wouldn’t hear about finaid until after the commitment deadline. LOL today has been a day. Anyone know how permanent the withdraw is? I could cry rn 🙁
out of curiosity, may i inquire about the amount? Is VCU known for giving out aid to OOSJust got an email with scholarship offer/financial aid
Reach out and email them. Tell them what you wrote above. The worst they can say is they can’t reverse it.Just got a huge scholarship offer after withdrawing my application this morning due to the COA as an OOS student and them telling us we wouldn’t hear about finaid until after the commitment deadline. LOL today has been a day. Anyone know how permanent the withdraw is? I could cry rn 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed375813
Full Member
For accepted students, do you know if it matters if we choose "No, I cannot attend but plan to matriculate at VCU in July 2021" vs. "No, I will not attend" for the Pre-matriculation program? I am still undecided about where I want to attend and want to make sure neither of these choices is binding. Thank you!
thecarrotrunner
New Member
I second being confused by thisFor accepted students, do you know if it matters if we choose "No, I cannot attend but plan to matriculate at VCU in July 2021" vs. "No, I will not attend" for the Pre-matriculation program? I am still undecided about where I want to attend and want to make sure neither of these choices is binding. Thank you!
They said it's alright to say that even if you aren't 100% locked in to vcuFor accepted students, do you know if it matters if we choose "No, I cannot attend but plan to matriculate at VCU in July 2021" vs. "No, I will not attend" for the Pre-matriculation program? I am still undecided about where I want to attend and want to make sure neither of these choices is binding. Thank you!
OntheRightPath
Full Member
The FinAid just sent out an email about having a FinAid orientation for accepted students on 29th, where they will answer all the questions. One day before the 30th...
I am still grateful.
I am still grateful.
D
deleted895369
Just got accepted off the waitlist!!
congrats! are you IS or OOS?Just got accepted off the waitlist!!
D
deleted895369
Whoops sorry, OOS. Interviewed mid-October, MCAT 512/GPA 3.86.congrats! are you IS or OOS?
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations🙂Just got accepted off the waitlist!!
If I got accepted off the WL recently (~1.5 weeks ago), is it unlikely that I'll hear back before 4/30 about any FinAid and/or scholarship offers? I have one other A besides VCU and I want to compare COA before I have to PTE, but I'm afraid I'll prob have to make a decision without this info, which makes me kinda anxious :'(
D
deleted895369
In the same boat, but I emailed financial aid last night explaining my situation and the emailed me back first thing in the morning. They basically said that a scholarship meeting is happening next week and that they will email me immediately if I receive anything. Very helpful and prompt responses from the fin aid department!If I got accepted off the WL recently (~1.5 weeks ago), is it unlikely that I'll hear back before 4/30 about any FinAid and/or scholarship offers? I have one other A besides VCU and I want to compare COA before I have to PTE, but I'm afraid I'll prob have to make a decision without this info, which makes me kinda anxious :'(
That's super reassuring to hear, thanks so much for the insight!In the same boat, but I emailed financial aid last night explaining my situation and the emailed me back first thing in the morning. They basically said that a scholarship meeting is happening next week and that they will email me immediately if I receive anything. Very helpful and prompt responses from the fin aid department!
Distinct_Buddy
Full Member
Do As off the WL come as emails or tabs in the portal?
Tabs should show up in your portal, but you will get an email of a portal update ~3pm EST that same day I believeDo As off the WL come as emails or tabs in the portal?
In fairness to those on the waitlist, I've made the tough decision to withdraw my A here. Best of luck to everyone still in the running 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed375813
Full Member
I got an email at 6 PM saying status change and when I logged in it had my acceptance letter! I checked earlier that day and didn’t see any tabsDo As off the WL come as emails or tabs in the portal?
I am but according to some people who did it., it is more intense than the regular medical school since everything is so condensed. A such, be prepared to lose your summer :/Anyone else considering doing the prematriclation program? I got confirmation that the entirety of the program is delivered virtually and I'm really interested in it.
Have you heard anything about the structure of the program? Things like exams and what notI am but according to some people who did it., it is more intense than the regular medical school since everything is so condensed. A such, be prepared to lose your summer :/
D
deleted959484
Sounds like they are expecting you to participate 8 hours each day of the program so basically a full time job... not sure if this includes hw and testHave you heard anything about the structure of the program? Things like exams and what not
6:05 Eastern TimeTabs should show up in your portal, but you will get an email of a portal update ~3pm EST that same day I believe
Sounds horrible. Why would one want to do that?I am but according to some people who did it., it is more intense than the regular medical school since everything is so condensed. A such, be prepared to lose your summer :/
Most people who do it, according to the student ambassadors, are the students that have been out of school for a year or more.Sounds horrible. Why would one want to do that?
I received an email about a portal change at exactly 6:07 pm today. I did not have any tabs earlier in the day. But your boy is going to be a physician!!!
edit: oh yeah, OOS. Best of luck, everybody!!!!!!!
edit: oh yeah, OOS. Best of luck, everybody!!!!!!!
Last edited:
Hi everyone! Quick question. I was accepted off the WL not too long ago and on the front page of my portal, there is a sentence that reads "After [April 30th], you should only have one acceptance and can remain on up to 3 wait list."
Is this a VCU-specific requirement? I don't remember reading that AAMC specifically asks/requires applicants to limit their number of WLs starting 4/30, but it wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me LOL... I currently plan to PTE at VCU but I'm also on 4 WLs (ik lol) and I don't want to get into any trouble... Thoughts?
Is this a VCU-specific requirement? I don't remember reading that AAMC specifically asks/requires applicants to limit their number of WLs starting 4/30, but it wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me LOL... I currently plan to PTE at VCU but I'm also on 4 WLs (ik lol) and I don't want to get into any trouble... Thoughts?
taco_chronicles
Full Member
+1!! Also OOS!I received an email about a portal change at exactly 6:07 pm today. I did not have any tabs earlier in the day. But your boy is going to be a physician!!!
edit: oh yeah, OOS. Best of luck, everybody!!!!!!!
taco_chronicles
Full Member
How long did it take for VCU to show up in AMCAS? It's not showing up for me yet
+1 Still awaiting the CYMS tool and/or contact from AMCAS.How long did it take for VCU to show up in AMCAS? It's not showing up for me yet
Just be patient guys! It’s a manual process that takes a few days+1 Still awaiting the CYMS tool and/or contact from AMCAS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that’s totally up to you. It’s a request Vcu is making, however they will never know / could never know how many WL you are on.Hi everyone! Quick question. I was accepted off the WL not too long ago and on the front page of my portal, there is a sentence that reads "After [April 30th], you should only have one acceptance and can remain on up to 3 wait list."
Is this a VCU-specific requirement? I don't remember reading that AAMC specifically asks/requires applicants to limit their number of WLs starting 4/30, but it wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me LOL... I currently plan to PTE at VCU but I'm also on 4 WLs (ik lol) and I don't want to get into any trouble... Thoughts?
lethargicdaffodil
New Member
For those who were recently accepted off the waitlist, have you heard back regarding financial aid and scholarships yet? I emailed their office last week and said after scholarship meetings, they would get back but I haven’t even received the portal logins yet and worried about making a decision by tomorrow
I was accepted off the WL earlier this month and I haven't heard anything yet, unfortunately :'(For those who were recently accepted off the waitlist, have you heard back regarding financial aid and scholarships yet? I emailed their office last week and said after scholarship meetings, they would get back but I haven’t even received the portal logins yet and worried about making a decision by tomorrow
D
deleted1060270
Is hitting "withdraw" sufficient to let admissions know I'm declining the acceptance? Also can anyone who withdrew confirm whether you got the $100 deposit back or not?