2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The other school is a DO school. Do DO schools have that deadline too?
Kind of... their “CTE” is may 15. If you have more than 1 DO A, they will let each other know and then you have 15 days to withdraw from all but one. If you don’t, they have the right to rescind your A’s. At least that was my interpretation

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Kind of... their “CTE” is may 15. If you have more than 1 DO A, they will let each other know and then you have 15 days to withdraw from all but one. If you don’t, they have the right to rescind your A’s. At least that was my interpretation
Okay thanks. I already withdrew from my other DO acceptances.

has anyone who sent a post-interview update gotten any type of confirmation or response?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did people who got off waitlist send a letter of intent? / is it worth to send one now?

Did people who got off waitlist send a letter of intent? / is it worth to send one now?
Letters of intent at Vcu hold no extra bearing. A letter of interest will be a check Mark next to ur name. But for WL they simply go down the list by score you got at executive committee meeting. It’s ranked.

Does anyone know if they've created the 2025 facebook group yet? Also (I'm a little curious ☺), how are you all finding your roommates?

Accepted OOS last week. Very excited! Should I fill out my FASFA and PROFILE ASAP? I'm still a bit lost on what I need to do for financial aid. Last year the school I was waitlisted at sent me an email about it in February. Am I too late?

Accepted OOS last week. Very excited! Should I fill out my FASFA and PROFILE ASAP? I'm still a bit lost on what I need to do for financial aid. Last year the school I was waitlisted at sent me an email about it in February. Am I too late?
Yes fill out FAFSA and PROFILE ASAP. Scholarships may continue to open up as waitlist movement occurs at other schools and applicants withdraw acceptances from here.

Does anyone know if they've created the 2025 facebook group yet? Also (I'm a little curious ☺), how are you all finding your roommates?
Yes, it is called "VCU School of Medicine Class of 2025". You need to request to join and send one of the admins proof of your acceptance.

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist in the last two weeks? It looks like there has not been any movement. I'm anxiously waiting for my turn to get off the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
hey y'all, congrats to all accepted students as well as those who recently got off the waitlist!

Quick question for y'all:
Other than setting up your eID/email, submitting immunizations (which I did and they said won't be processed until 2 weeks after classes?), sending final transcripts, and ordering our white coat, do we have to do anything else for the pre-matriculation process? I'm PTEd to VCU under AMCAS as well. I went through the "Before Orientation" checklist on the orientation site, and see we also have to submit proof of health insurance-- but is anyone else planning to get the VCU student health insurance upon actually getting to campus? Also, is there a way to see if we have any outstanding pre-matriculation requirements? Also, do we need to do any fingerprinting?

Haven't received much communication from the Orientation office recently so just want to make sure I'm on track and am not missing any requirements.

Also—I filled out FAFSA and verified my FinAid, but never filled out or found the CSS Profile. Do you know where I can find it/if its worth filling out if I will most likely not qualify for need based scholarships?

Thank you all so much. To whoever answers this—I appreciate you so so much; thank you for being an awesome support system, and can't wait to be future classmates <3

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent in state movement?? I emailed them and they said waitlist movement will continue it’s just slower now. ://

I'm in state too and waiting. Did they say when we should expect no more movement?
Nope they just said they're still offering acceptances, just at a slower rate. I'm wondering it's so late in the cycle if we can call, will they give us any information? I wish we could know if there's a chance or not with 2 months out.

Nope they just said they're still offering acceptances, just at a slower rate. I'm wondering it's so late in the cycle if we can call, will they give us any information? I wish we could know if there's a chance or not with 2 months out.
They won't give you info. Your number is going to be called or it isn't. Its a brutal world out there. VCU is a state school with hundreds of people on the waitlist.

By the will of the most beneficent, the most merciful, I got in !!

512 MCAT, top quartile casper, 4.0 GPA, Canadian

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrawing my acceptance from here today since I got into a Canadian school. Tbh kinda sad because I reallly wanted to go here but just can’t justify the cost compared to Canada.
Anyways, hope my spot goes to someone awesome here! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Recently accepted from the waitlist!! OOS and speechless. This is my second application cycle and tbh I was running out of hope. Don't give up!

Reactions: 7 users
Does VCU require a drug test? I don’t remember seeing it on the “to do before orientation” list, but I’m neurotic and don’t want to miss it if it’s required.

Does VCU require a drug test? I don’t remember seeing it on the “to do before orientation” list, but I’m neurotic and don’t want to miss it if it’s required.
They don’t but it’s a good time to slow down on the MJ Especially in the beginning.

For the criminal background check, if I completed the one for AAMC/Certiphi back when I got my first acceptance at a different med school, am I good? Or do I have to manually send/release it to VCU? I'm a little confused and almost completely forgot about it since I didn't see it anywhere on the orientation checklist... I hope I didn't miss any deadlines or anything??

For the criminal background check, if I completed the one for AAMC/Certiphi back when I got my first acceptance at a different med school, am I good? Or do I have to manually send/release it to VCU? I'm a little confused and almost completely forgot about it since I didn't see it anywhere on the orientation checklist... I hope I didn't miss any deadlines or anything??
You're good. Once it's done it's done

Does anyone know what their app screen is? Last time I got a rejection less than a day after I submitted my secondary and I'm still seething to this day almost 2 years later.

• Care
hey everyone, anyone hear back from admissions after selecting CTE? Also, anyone hear updates about the university sponsored health insurance they mentioned?