You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes fill out FAFSA and PROFILE ASAP. Scholarships may continue to open up as waitlist movement occurs at other schools and applicants withdraw acceptances from here.Accepted OOS last week. Very excited! Should I fill out my FASFA and PROFILE ASAP? I'm still a bit lost on what I need to do for financial aid. Last year the school I was waitlisted at sent me an email about it in February. Am I too late?
Yes, it is called "VCU School of Medicine Class of 2025". You need to request to join and send one of the admins proof of your acceptance.Does anyone know if they've created the 2025 facebook group yet? Also (I'm a little curious ☺), how are you all finding your roommates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!Yes, it is called "VCU School of Medicine Class of 2025". You need to request to join and send one of the admins proof of your acceptance.
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist in the last two weeks? It looks like there has not been any movement. I'm anxiously waiting for my turn to get off the waitlist
hopefulforthatmd
Full Member
hey y'all, congrats to all accepted students as well as those who recently got off the waitlist!
Quick question for y'all:
Other than setting up your eID/email, submitting immunizations (which I did and they said won't be processed until 2 weeks after classes?), sending final transcripts, and ordering our white coat, do we have to do anything else for the pre-matriculation process? I'm PTEd to VCU under AMCAS as well. I went through the "Before Orientation" checklist on the orientation site, and see we also have to submit proof of health insurance-- but is anyone else planning to get the VCU student health insurance upon actually getting to campus? Also, is there a way to see if we have any outstanding pre-matriculation requirements? Also, do we need to do any fingerprinting?
Haven't received much communication from the Orientation office recently so just want to make sure I'm on track and am not missing any requirements.
Also—I filled out FAFSA and verified my FinAid, but never filled out or found the CSS Profile. Do you know where I can find it/if its worth filling out if I will most likely not qualify for need based scholarships?
Thank you all so much. To whoever answers this—I appreciate you so so much; thank you for being an awesome support system, and can't wait to be future classmates <3
Quick question for y'all:
Other than setting up your eID/email, submitting immunizations (which I did and they said won't be processed until 2 weeks after classes?), sending final transcripts, and ordering our white coat, do we have to do anything else for the pre-matriculation process? I'm PTEd to VCU under AMCAS as well. I went through the "Before Orientation" checklist on the orientation site, and see we also have to submit proof of health insurance-- but is anyone else planning to get the VCU student health insurance upon actually getting to campus? Also, is there a way to see if we have any outstanding pre-matriculation requirements? Also, do we need to do any fingerprinting?
Haven't received much communication from the Orientation office recently so just want to make sure I'm on track and am not missing any requirements.
Also—I filled out FAFSA and verified my FinAid, but never filled out or found the CSS Profile. Do you know where I can find it/if its worth filling out if I will most likely not qualify for need based scholarships?
Thank you all so much. To whoever answers this—I appreciate you so so much; thank you for being an awesome support system, and can't wait to be future classmates <3
I got off the WL last Thursday! OOSHas anyone gotten off the waitlist in the last two weeks? It looks like there has not been any movement. I'm anxiously waiting for my turn to get off the waitlist
I'm in state too and waiting. Did they say when we should expect no more movement?Any recent in state movement?? I emailed them and they said waitlist movement will continue it’s just slower now. ://
Nope they just said they're still offering acceptances, just at a slower rate. I'm wondering it's so late in the cycle if we can call, will they give us any information? I wish we could know if there's a chance or not with 2 months out.I'm in state too and waiting. Did they say when we should expect no more movement?
They won't give you info. Your number is going to be called or it isn't. Its a brutal world out there. VCU is a state school with hundreds of people on the waitlist.Nope they just said they're still offering acceptances, just at a slower rate. I'm wondering it's so late in the cycle if we can call, will they give us any information? I wish we could know if there's a chance or not with 2 months out.
ifitworksithassideeffects
New Member
By the will of the most beneficent, the most merciful, I got in !!
512 MCAT, top quartile casper, 4.0 GPA, Canadian
512 MCAT, top quartile casper, 4.0 GPA, Canadian
go girl 08
Full Member
Withdrawing my acceptance from here today since I got into a Canadian school. Tbh kinda sad because I reallly wanted to go here but just can’t justify the cost compared to Canada.
Anyways, hope my spot goes to someone awesome here! 🙂
Anyways, hope my spot goes to someone awesome here! 🙂
VCU's is July 7When is Virginia’s commit to enroll deadline?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently accepted from the waitlist!! OOS and speechless. This is my second application cycle and tbh I was running out of hope. Don't give up!
Abcdefghijklmno1
Full Member
Does VCU require a drug test? I don’t remember seeing it on the “to do before orientation” list, but I’m neurotic and don’t want to miss it if it’s required.
They don’t but it’s a good time to slow down on the MJ Especially in the beginning.Does VCU require a drug test? I don’t remember seeing it on the “to do before orientation” list, but I’m neurotic and don’t want to miss it if it’s required.
how'd you find out what quartile casper?By the will of the most beneficent, the most merciful, I got in !!
512 MCAT, top quartile casper, 4.0 GPA, Canadian
ifitworksithassideeffects
New Member
It was released to people that applied to certain schools this year. They didn't say which schools. It will probably be different schools next year.how'd you find out what quartile casper?
For the criminal background check, if I completed the one for AAMC/Certiphi back when I got my first acceptance at a different med school, am I good? Or do I have to manually send/release it to VCU? I'm a little confused and almost completely forgot about it since I didn't see it anywhere on the orientation checklist... I hope I didn't miss any deadlines or anything??
You're good. Once it's done it's doneFor the criminal background check, if I completed the one for AAMC/Certiphi back when I got my first acceptance at a different med school, am I good? Or do I have to manually send/release it to VCU? I'm a little confused and almost completely forgot about it since I didn't see it anywhere on the orientation checklist... I hope I didn't miss any deadlines or anything??
Does anyone know what their app screen is? Last time I got a rejection less than a day after I submitted my secondary and I'm still seething to this day almost 2 years later.
Doctor_Dude_Man_Guy
Full Member
How'd you find out your Casper?By the will of the most beneficent, the most merciful, I got in !!
512 MCAT, top quartile casper, 4.0 GPA, Canadian
How'd you find out your Casper?
^It was released to people that applied to certain schools this year. They didn't say which schools. It will probably be different schools next year.
hopefulforthatmd
Full Member
hey everyone, anyone hear back from admissions after selecting CTE? Also, anyone hear updates about the university sponsored health insurance they mentioned?
my4network
Full Member
does VCU accept pre-II updates?
Nodoes VCU accept pre-II updates?
Hello, did you ever get an update on this? When did FMStat get back to you?Does any one know when I would get a decision for the FMstat program? I was just accepted to the regular MD yesterday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad