2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7/17. FWIW: 3.6, 508 -> 513, ORM.
Those are really amazing stats. I am sure you will do really well this cycle as well. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how we can access the answers to the essay questions?
submitted my secondary a while ago and my responses to the questions aren't on the portal.

anyone know how we can access the answers to the essay questions?
submitted my secondary a while ago and my responses to the questions aren't on the portal.

I don't think you can. When you submit it gives you an option to print/save your application before officially submitting. I believe that was the only chance to record your responses.

For the question about intention to work in rural and urban environments, do they want you to say you only intend to work in rural environments and don't intend to work in urban environments, or is it okay if to be interested in both? I see they seem to emphasize rural care

got the email saying they require the DO letter, oh well I'm going to write up an email and try my luck out with them.
Hi just curious? did you have to get a DO Letter?

Got deferred because I couldn't get a DO letter in. Looks like they still hard require it. FYI ARCOM can waive it this year.
Maybe try asking a DO who works in a private practice if you can shadow them? They seem to have less restrictions or paperwork than hospitals when it comes to shadowing

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if WVSOM accepts AP credits? I heard they have a couple years ago but I'm not sure if they still do

Does anyone know if WVSOM accepts AP credits? I heard they have a couple years ago but I'm not sure if they still do
They do! They had no issues with my bio, chem, or English credits.

Edit, adding following text: I should add, as long as your college accepted the credits as well. Sorry seems obvious but wanted to include just in case.

Last edited:
Maybe try asking a DO who works in a private practice if you can shadow them? They seem to have less restrictions or paperwork than hospitals when it comes to shadowing
Yea I'll do that once my clinic gets a little less busy. Thanks for the genuine advise!

been complete for a month now, no word yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the "Have you been convicted of an infraction of local laws or city ordinances, summary offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies that are not listed on your AACOM application?", why don't they give a box to explain?? I got a speeding ticket when I was 16 so technically that qualifies as a local law/ordinance, but when they bunch it in with misdemeanors and felonies I feel like it makes my app look bad.

II just came in.

OOS w/ minor ties (Va Resident); 507 MCAT; meh GPA; complete 7/25/20

Reactions: 6 users
II just came in.

OOS w/ minor ties (Va Resident); 507 MCAT; meh GPA; complete 7/25/20
Congrats!! Really excited for you!

Could you give details on if virtual and how long they are requesting to meet?

Congrats!! Really excited for you!

Could you give details on if virtual and how long they are requesting to meet?
Thanks!

The email gave me a choice of three possible interview dates, and I had to reply to that email with my date preference. They confirmed that the interview is virtual via Go To Meeting, and that the "interview day" starts at 8am EST and ends around 2pm EST. No details on what the agenda is.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received my II today, about 20 minutes ago!

3.93 GPA, 504 MCAT, OOS but from PA, just a few hours from WV

Reactions: 5 users
@averyprettymoos

How long did it take to get II after secondary submission? I submitted my secondary yesterday.

Last edited:
Not sure if y'all were asking me, but my secondary was received 7/22 and submitted 7/25.

Not sure if y'all were asking me, but my secondary was received 7/22 and submitted 7/25.
No, I think we meant when averyprettymoose had their interview invite (II) compared to their submission of secondary date. Your submission date and interview invite were clear! Thank you~~

No, I think we meant when averyprettymoose had their interview invite (II) compared to their submission of secondary date. Your submission date and interview invite were clear! Thank you~~

Supplemental application submitted 7/15/20.
Had to clarify my prereqs ~1 week ago
II received 8/5/20 (today)

Sorry for not including previously!

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary on July 9th but had to provide some residency information (July 27th) and still haven't received an II. Sitting here very nervously waiting for the "Application under review" to change lol!

II today - also my "application under review" status never changed (just a heads up)

II today. completed a few weeks ago.

Received an II today!! I recieved/submitted my secondary on July 9th (my file was marked complete on July 27th though)!

I just got an email that D.O. LOR is still required, but that your application can still be considered without the D.O. LOR. Does this mean that you can still get an II without the D.O. LOR? (I have an M.D. LOR but I guess that won't be useful here...)

Received II today. OOO w/ no ties at all to WV but from rural Northeast. applied primary on 7/14 and submitted secondary on 7/17.

Reactions: 2 users
just submitted secondary today - hopefully will hear back soon! I only have an MD letter but did shadow a DO (4 years ago)... hopefully not too much trouble haha

Can anyone comment on my chances of getting an II with a 3.49c 3.36s (upward trend) and 504 OOS?

Can anyone comment on my chances of getting an II with a 3.49c 3.36s (upward trend) and 504 OOS?
I say you have a good chance. Similar stats to myself and I received an II

How is everyone prepping for the online interview? I'm not quite sure what to expect in this format lol

How is everyone prepping for the online interview? I'm not quite sure what to expect in this format lol
I’m prepping for my others by the just reviewing the schools and then practicing my answers.

I am practicing by answering general questions, as well as some covid-related ones.