You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Alabama
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
JalenHurtz
New Member
Anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?
severance pay 🤣Got a R early August and just received a letter packet in the mail thanking me for my interest in UAB with SOM stickers and gifts [emoji23] had to double check that I had actually been rejected. Anyone else get this and know why lol?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bro you play the chargers in 5 days, you have more important things to worry aboutAnyone know when the next adcom meeting is?
nicobean
Full Member
Idk for sure, but I'm gonna guess they meet every two weeks probablyAnyone know when the next adcom meeting is?
medstudent118
Full Member
^^Any R’s or II recently? Seems like it’s been pretty quiet on here!
I know they meet next on 12/2 for decisions on people who already interviewed but what about the people still waiting for II!! 😥
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
Any in state people not gotten an II yet? I submitted my secondary in late July (516,3.8) and think it’s pretty weird I haven’t heard anything back yet. Lots of clinical experience too idk just makes me nervous since Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
Do they need the AAMC SJT to be completed for an interview?Any in state people not gotten an II yet? I submitted my secondary in late July (516,3.8) and think it’s pretty weird I haven’t heard anything back yet. Lots of clinical experience too idk just makes me nervous since Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
Do they need the AAMC SJT to be completed for an interview?
"We will invite applicants to complete a secondary application and screen applications without receipt of the SJT score; however, we encourage you to have at least registered for the SJT prior to considering you for an invitation to interview."
Does it mean they will interview without SJT assuming you registered?
Does it mean they will interview without SJT assuming you registered?
They said in a info session that I went to that they will send you an II before the SJT is complete but you will only be allowed to schedule your interview for a date after your SJT score is back. I believe all SJT exams are done for this year tho.
I got a low sjt and I’m OOS I’m so screwed lol no news on ii yet
I got a low sjt and I’m OOS I’m so screwed lol no news on ii yet
They said low SJT won’t affect their decision. They said they ignore it if it’s below a 7 I believe. As for being OOS tho that’s not looking great unless you have significant ties unfortunately 😢
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
globalatworst
Full Member
Anyone else interviewed in September and still hasn't heard back? is that normal?
Although they review each and every month of each applicant, this usually is a waitlist I think historically (from SDN data at least from previous threads), but I'm not 100% sure. This is what happened to me last year.Anyone else interviewed in September and still hasn't heard back? is that normal?
Although there are people who interview and end up hearing 2-3 months after, most people post being accepted immediately after.
I just got a packet in the mail with a UAB SOM sticker and information, yet no interview [emoji26]
Omg where’s my sticker and info pack [emoji2959].
When were you complete?
Omg where’s my sticker and info pack [emoji2959].
When were you complete?
I was complete 9/15. It’s a big sticker that says “university of Alabama school of medicine” what am I to do with that if I don’t get in there 😭
I interviewed in August and have heard nothing back yet if that makes you feel better.Anyone else interviewed in September and still hasn't heard back? is that normal?
Simsamb2021
Full Member
Keep it as vintage. They've been renamed Heersink School of Medicine thanks to a 93 million dollar donation.I was complete 9/15. It’s a big sticker that says “university of Alabama school of medicine” what am I to do with that if I don’t get in there 😭
JalenHurtz
New Member
Same hereI interviewed in August and have heard nothing back yet if that makes you feel better
YouI’ve been accepted to USA though, right?Same here
SunnySideDoctor
New Member
Got an II today! OOS
Got an II today! OOS
woo hoo! Congrats!
premedprincess89
Full Member
Do you have any ties to AL at all? Just curious bc I’m OOS too!Got an II today! OOS
SunnySideDoctor
New Member
Not really any explicit ties, but I do live in a neighboring state.Do you have any ties to AL at all? Just curious bc I’m OOS too!
premedprincess89
Full Member
Gotcha, thanks! Congrats & good luck!😊Not really any explicit ties, but I do live in a neighboring state.
I got the II today as well! IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an II today as well, OOS no ties
Did you have any research experience? This is my top school and heard mixed opinions about them looking for students with research.....If anyone has any info about this, that would be awesome!I interviewed in August and have heard nothing back yet if that makes you feel better.
I interviewed 9/15 (I think that was the date) and haven't heard anything. Same w a friend of mine. Both of us in state and I have research experience (3 poster conferences/presentations, no pubs), I'm sure my friend does tooDid you have any research experience? This is my top school and heard mixed opinions about them looking for students with research.....If anyone has any info about this, that would be awesome!
Pre-II R today, complete 7/9
I’m sorry but I was starting to wonder when the R’s would start again since the were sending so many early on.
neuroticnontrad
New Member
Got the A call a few minutes ago!! I interviewed 11/18
Reapps uniteJUST GOT THE A CALL!!! Interviewed 9/16
Edit: Actually I think this is not the case but congrats anyway!
nicobean
Full Member
It is! Went from no II from here last year to an A!Reapps unite
Edit: Actually I think this is not the case but congrats anyway!
Interviewed on 9/15, radio silence so far. In state, 511 3.7Anyone complete around 9/15 and not heard anything?
hopingforA
New Member
I was reading through the threads about the SJT, what exactly is that, I don't remember having to do that. Is it required to apply?
I was reading through the threads about the SJT, what exactly is that, I don't remember having to do that. Is it required to apply?
The AAMC's version of Casper. If you took it last year, you don't need to take it again for this cycle(at UAB, not sure about other schools).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106899
Has anyone done an feedback advising session with the UAB adcoms that can give more insight about it?
Has anyone done an feedback advising session with the UAB adcoms that can give more insight about it?
Yeah, I have. The director of admissions was very friendly and helped me identify areas I needed to improve and areas that were fine.
D
deleted1106899
Did they mostly guide and lead you with all of the suggestions, or did you do most of the talking and bringing up questions and such? Thanks!Yeah, I have. The director of admissions was very friendly and helped me identify areas I needed to improve and areas that were fine.
Did they mostly guide and lead you with all of the suggestions, or did you do most of the talking and bringing up questions and such? Thanks!
He guided the conversation based on notes from my interviewer but also allowed for questions.
starshipsweremeanttofly
Full Member
Late here, but Accepted a few weeks back!! IS. II 11/18.