2021-2022 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called the admissions office and asked if Feb 17 interviewees were being considered for admissions and she said that “I know some are but they are behind so if you don’t hear anything today that means they haven’t gotten to you yet”

That sounds like a deviation from the usual treatment of hearing from them if you get accepted but otherwise complete silence.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I have no clue. Maybe because it’s so late in the cycle they’ll just go ahead and waitlist you through email if they’ve already considered you

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance call a few minutes ago. Beat of luck to y’all. I understand the constant neuroticism I promise it immediately goes away when you get the phone call hang in there. Still doesn’t feel real

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well that's probably it for this week my guys, hopefully there'll be some more in two weeks. What a process...

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UAB has sent any post-interview rejections? If we haven't heard anything from them since our interview does that mean we are still in the running... or are they just waiting to send all rejections at the end?

• Hmm
Does anyone know if UAB has sent any post-interview rejections? If we haven't heard anything from them since our interview does that mean we are still in the running... or are they just waiting to send all rejections at the end?
My understanding after getting a II last year and with what admissions has stated, is that you're in the running still. They'll send out a mass R and waitlist notification at the beginning of april

do interviewees still get stuff in the mail?

I know of one so far.

• Sad
Here's some info about the waitlist.

Attachments

• MSAR Waitlist Procedures_1_8.20.pdf
    132.6 KB · Views: 237
So Thursday is our final chance to hear some good news correct? Except for waitlist movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
giphy.gif

Any news y’all?

Anyone else checking twitter every 30 seconds

Welp wasn’t expecting that twitter update

oh my Lord....................

im gonna assume they've been too busy with Match Day and stuff, so they are postponing meeting.... I hope

oh my Lord....................

im gonna assume they've been too busy with Match Day and stuff, so they are postponing meeting.... I hope

If that’s the case couldnt they have posted that they rescheduled to next week this morning instead of 6pm 😭

• Haha
Looks like they are about to make some calls. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
No call lol , guess waitlist for everyone who hasn’t been called ?

Is 2nd tier waitlist basically a rejection? Trying to get my ducks in row in case I have to reapp

They said they were making a few offers today. I’d like to think that means only a few out of the remaining Offers. So hopefully they are rolling out the rest of the acceptances this week? And THEN make the waitlist? I hope…

They said they were making a few offers today. I’d like to think that means only a few out of the remaining Offers. So hopefully they are rolling out the rest of the acceptances this week? And THEN make the waitlist? I hope…
i hope this the case too but I feel like very unlikely :’/

Is 2nd tier waitlist basically a rejection? Trying to get my ducks in row in case I have to reapp

MSAR says that they have about 100 on the waitlist and about 20 make it off. 2021 like 30 made it off. So assuming the first 50 or so are tier 1 then I would say yeah tier 2 is probably a rejection.

Do we have an idea when the waitlist will be announced? I know they said the beginning of April, so are we thinking this week?

Do we have an idea when the waitlist will be announced? I know they said the beginning of April, so are we thinking this week?
according to their twitter,

"Adcom is making a few offers today. Congrats! We will create our waitlist and notify remaining interviewees whether they are on the waitlist by early next week."

Big fat R from my dream school. Go Jags then.

Just got the R :1geek:. Yall be easy now!

Big fat R from my dream school. Go Jags then.
Were you accepted off the waitlist at South? I could have sworn I saw you post that you were waitlisted last week. I apologize if I’m mistaken.

Withdrew my A today. Hope it goes to one of you guys on the WL!

Anecdotal, but there have been about 4-5 people slowly added over the last 3 weeks to the admitted FB student group, so they are slowly moving through the WL!