You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Alabama
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
Do yall think research is an absolute must to get an Interview. I completed my secondary on July 14th and have a 3.8 516 (but zero research) idk I figured i wouldve heard at least something by now. Should I just assume this is a soft R
jandersonium
Full Member
I only had like 100 hrs and they were fine with that. I know it is something that UAB weights heavily, and there are only two interview dates left to go, I think 2/3 and 2/17. But it's not over until it's over
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I received an interview invite today for the Primary Care Track! Does anyone have any tips for the upcoming interview, specifically for PCT? Thanks!
Do yall think research is an absolute must to get an Interview. I completed my secondary on July 14th and have a 3.8 516 (but zero research) idk I figured i wouldve heard at least something by now. Should I just assume this is a soft R
I’m not sure on this, but I will say if it’s an R they do give feedback on why you got the R so that’s good if you need to reapply.
I think it’s interesting that they haven’t sent out more R’s lately. Per my advisor and old threads UAB usually isn’t afraid to have waves of R’s throughout the cycle and this year it seems they only did that early on. Not hoping for an R but the silence is killing me 😭
D
deleted1106899
They already have 150ish members that are in the entering class starting this fall on FB, and that's for the people that do have Facebook.I think it’s interesting that they haven’t sent out more R’s lately. Per my advisor and old threads UAB usually isn’t afraid to have waves of R’s throughout the cycle and this year it seems they only did that early on. Not hoping for an R but the silence is killing me 😭
damn so the class is pretty much 80% full then.They already have 150ish members that are in the entering class starting this fall on FB, and that's for the people that do have Facebook.
Noooooooooooooooooo, this is my #1 school
II today !!! lol
complete 10/13, OOS, URM.
Only ONE available day left in Feb.
complete 10/13, OOS, URM.
Only ONE available day left in Feb.
does PCT have an extra interview? Or its the same interview day as normal MDFinally got the PCT II today! Secondary completed 8/11/21, 3.5c, 3.5s, 508, IS
nicobean
Full Member
normal interview day, the only extra is a short PCT info session with current students and faculty in Tuscaloosa but no extra interviewdoes PCT have an extra interview? Or its the same interview day as normal MD
pre-II R today OOS ORM no ties LM 69 complete around late july ish
+1 exactly lol...are you me?pre-II R today OOS ORM no ties LM 69 complete around late july ish
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
I got an II on Sunday morning (IS 516, 3.8 Zero Research oops), submitted 7/24 (finally holy crap). I was only allowed to book the interview for the final interview day of the season (next week). Does this mean they are just interviewing me to slap me on the waitlist for their class size yield protection? Or do i actually have a decent shot at being accepted this late?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an II on Sunday morning (IS 516, 3.8 Zero Research oops), submitted 7/24 (finally holy crap). I was only allowed to book the interview for the final interview day of the season (next week). Does this mean they are just interviewing me to slap me on the waitlist for their class size yield protection? Or do i actually have a decent shot at being accepted this late?
+1 but complete 10/9 and OOS.
I sent an update letter around 1/12
globalatworst
Full Member
Same 🙁I've had dead silence since I interviewed in September and I think it went well. Anyone else in a similar boat and know if we're screwed or if they're just being slow?
i've no idea if we're screwed or not. i wonder if theyll at least tell us if we're on the WL soon?
That send an update in early April. Waitlist or no longer under consideration.Same 🙁
i've no idea if we're screwed or not. i wonder if theyll at least tell us if we're on the WL soon?
+1I've had dead silence since I interviewed in September and I think it went well. Anyone else in a similar boat and know if we're screwed or if they're just being slow?
bob_target
Full Member
are you allowed to bring pen / paper to mmi?
Ive never been on an MMI where that was allowed. I've always been told to use the Chat box as a note-taking medium.are you allowed to bring pen / paper to mmi?
whens the next committee meeting
whens the next committee meeting
Today.😬
jandersonium
Full Member
Anyone know how far they're expected to get?Today.😬
for those that interviewed today, yall think we gonna get reviewed today too? Or will we have to wait two more weeksToday.😬
for those that interviewed today, yall think we gonna get reviewed today too? Or will we have to wait two more weeks
Anyone know how far they're expected to get?
They told the 2/3 interviewees that they wouldn't be reviewed until 3/10. Today, I suspect they will be reviewing through the 1/20 interview day applicants.
Anyone know how far they're expected to get?
Per their last update on Twitter on January 27:
“Adcom met today and we are doing our favorite thing - making acceptance phone calls! Most interviewees from 1/13 and prior have been reviewed. Next adcom is 2/17.”
If we interviewed in Sept and haven't heard anything yet, is it time to give up on this cycle?
Just got the A via phone call!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
adt0024
New Member
Congrats!!!Got the A yesterday afternoon!! interviewed 9/15 so if you interviewed that early like me and still havent heard, theres still a chance!
I interviewed 9/23 and this definitely gives me some more hope
for those that interviewed today, yall think we gonna get reviewed today too? Or will we have to wait two more weeks
I heard we won’t hear until 3/24
Likely this will result in a waitlist historically but sometimes people move off.If we interviewed in Sept and haven't heard anything yet, is it time to give up on this cycle?
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
So should Feb 17 interviewees expect to hear back tomorrow or the 25? I remember at the end of the interview they said they'll try to get us on the 10th but some spillover could have to wait until the 25th? Is it yall's experience they were consistent with dates?
So should Feb 17 interviewees expect to hear back tomorrow or the 25? I remember at the end of the interview they said they'll try to get us on the 10th but some spillover could have to wait until the 25th? Is it yall's experience they were consistent with dates?
I really hope so.
They don’t seem to be behind schedule this year so i think our chances are good for tomorrow
interviewed in August and haven't heard anything since. had a few questions:
1. when is the next committee meeting?
2. when do the make the last wave of acceptances before waitlisting or rejecting interviewees?
3. when do they notify interviewees of waitlist or rejection status?
1. when is the next committee meeting?
2. when do the make the last wave of acceptances before waitlisting or rejecting interviewees?
3. when do they notify interviewees of waitlist or rejection status?
Final Adcom meetings are March 10th and March 24th
Reference: https://twitter.com/uabmedadmission
it looks like all interviewees from Aug-Dec have been discussed. So it looks like if you werent in the initial batch that received As from each meeting, youll have to wait till the end to get WL or R.
Reference: https://twitter.com/uabmedadmission
it looks like all interviewees from Aug-Dec have been discussed. So it looks like if you werent in the initial batch that received As from each meeting, youll have to wait till the end to get WL or R.
globalatworst
Full Member
Not true you can still get an A from an early ll. someone just got one earlier in this thread from sept !Final Adcom meetings are March 10th and March 24th
Reference: https://twitter.com/uabmedadmission
it looks like all interviewees from Aug-Dec have been discussed. So it looks like if you werent in the initial batch that received As from each meeting, youll have to wait till the end to get WL or R.
I stand corrected! Thank you!Not true you can still get an A from an early ll. someone just got one earlier in this thread from sept !
jandersonium
Full Member
Best of luck to everyone being discussed today, not too long until we'll be getting those A's!
werent they supposed to call today? Seems like they every other acceptance wave came on the day adcom meetsBest of luck to everyone being discussed today, not too long until we'll be getting those A's!
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
I thought that they call on the Friday. They said in my interview that they discuss the Thursday of and call on Fridaywerent they supposed to call today? Seems like they every other acceptance wave came on the day adcom meets
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
That being said the Twitter just posted this “Adcom met today and we are starting to make offers. We have reviewed most interviewees from the cycle. We have a few more to discuss on March 24th.” Does that mean they’re calling now, at 5pm? They posted this at 4:53. I’m assuming they just mean they’ll call tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
right! Cause every other adcom tweet said that calls were going out the day they met. And then in this thread, a lot of people got called on ThursThat being said the Twitter just posted this “Adcom met today and we are starting to make offers. We have reviewed most interviewees from the cycle. We have a few more to discuss on March 24th.” Does that mean they’re calling now, at 5pm? They posted this at 4:53. I’m assuming they just mean they’ll call tomorrow
Ugh! The anxiety is killing me!
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
All I know is I’m ****ting a brick
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
I called the admissions office and asked if Feb 17 interviewees were being considered for admissions and she said that “I know some are but they are behind so if you don’t hear anything today that means they haven’t gotten to you yet”