-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Albany
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Called the admissions office and they said they expect AL movement as people withdraw towards the end of the month. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it essentially sounds like I am on a waitlist for a spot to open and the chances of that does not sound good to me. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pyrochem
Full Member
Is this implying that their class is full?? That’s seems odd as they said they only accept a few directly from interviews and most acceptances come from the AL.. and it seems like there hasn’t been much movement..Called the admissions office and they said they expect AL movement as people withdraw towards the end of the month. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it essentially sounds like I am on a waitlist for a spot to open and the chances of that does not sound good to me. 🙁
pre-II R finall
concerninghob
Full Member
In my late March interview they mentioned there are still spots in the class and no one is interviewing for the waitlist. People who interviewed in February still haven’t heard back, I doubt they’ll pull people off the AL before giving decisions, or will do so simultaneously with other decisions. Waitlist movement for any school usually doesn’t start until after the PTE date (4/30 or 5/2). Way too much neuroticism in this thread lately when we haven’t even hit 4/15 yet..
The neuroticism is to be expected, we're getting closer and closer to having to reapply, and none of us are looking forward to spending $4k again and suffering through another year of stressIn my late March interview they mentioned there are still spots in the class and no one is interviewing for the waitlist. People who interviewed in February still haven’t heard back, I doubt they’ll pull people off the AL before giving decisions, or will do so simultaneously with other decisions. Waitlist movement for any school usually doesn’t start until after the PTE date (4/30 or 5/2). Way too much neuroticism in this thread lately when we haven’t even hit 4/15 yet..
Yuckyorgans
Full Member
I am going to say what I think schools like Albany and others do for their cycles, but this pure speculation so take it with a grain of salt. With schools like Albany, a lot of people accepted that get into other schools may go somewhere else (most NYers would assumingly prefer instate tuition, higher-ranked schools may also be preferred). So for schools like this, "lower-ranked" private schools, I think a lot of people are waitlisted. This is to prevent tons of deliberation, figuring out financial aid, and giving lots of resources to students who will not end up going. By waitlisting a lot of interviewees, the waitlist will dwindle down as others hear back from schools they would prefer. Now, late in the season, they have a much shorter list of people with Albany, or whichever school, as their choice. This way, they can send out fewer acceptances and use fewer resources to fill their class. Unfortunately, this does delay the cycle and puts a lot of stress on applicants. That being said, I think it makes sense (if this is what it is done, again take this with a grain of salt). I am also not trying to criticize schools like this as Albany is my top choice, just throwing what I think is happening out there.Is this implying that their class is full?? That’s seems odd as they said they only accept a few directly from interviews and most acceptances come from the AL.. and it seems like there hasn’t been much movement..
Just caught the most disrespectful rejection letter I've received ALL cycle lmao
"check out the AAMC's website" with a direct link to aamc.org
"we suggest you carefully evaluate your credentials"
"check out the MSAR"
"High MCAT and strong academic achievement does not guarantee an interview"
Who wrote this lol
"check out the AAMC's website" with a direct link to aamc.org
"we suggest you carefully evaluate your credentials"
"check out the MSAR"
"High MCAT and strong academic achievement does not guarantee an interview"
Who wrote this lol
Last edited:
Called the admissions office and they said they expect AL movement as people withdraw towards the end of the month. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it essentially sounds like I am on a waitlist for a spot to open and the chances of that does not sound good to me. 🙁
Can you pls tell me what number you’ve been calling? Every time I call I get sent to voicemail.
518-262-5521 🙂Can you pls tell me what number you’ve been calling? Every time I call I get sent to voicemail.
bananamacaroon
Full Member
When you say Waitlist do you mean AL? or are there two different lists?Called the admissions office and they said they expect AL movement as people withdraw towards the end of the month. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it essentially sounds like I am on a waitlist for a spot to open and the chances of that does not sound good to me. 🙁
waitlist and AL are the same thingWhen you say Waitlist do you mean AL? or are there two different lists?
Did anyone get the financial aid email but is on the AL?
I did. Was coming to ask the same thingDid anyone get the financial aid email but is on the AL?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just did too lol, is this a good sign?Did anyone get the financial aid email but is on the AL?
D:
(FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY: If you have NOT been officially accepted
into AMC, you must wait until you have been accepted at AMC prior to
completing the AMC Financial Aid Form)
Just read this on bottom of the email, seems like we should hold off?..
Welp I didn't get anything so it's pretty much over for me
I actually got this email like twice already idk why, this was the third time
I didn't get anything and I'm on the AL
Why do all the schools I interviewed at have some kind of administrative error? Speaks volumes about the kind of applicant they interview 😂😂
ladyjetfuel
Full Member
I got the email but I'm not on the AL. I read somewhere that in the past years these have gone out to students before they got their acceptances...
It was not the financial aid email that was sent out first, it was the certiphy background check emailI got the email but I'm not on the AL. I read somewhere that in the past years these have gone out to students before they got their acceptances...
When did you interview?Welp I didn't get anything so it's pretty much over for me
But it also says, “ please submit any documentation listed below to theI just did too lol, is this a good sign?
D:
(FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY: If you have NOT been officially accepted
into AMC, you must wait until you have been accepted at AMC prior to
completing the AMC Financial Aid Form)
Just read this on bottom of the email, seems like we should hold off?..
Financial Aid Office within the next two weeks.” ... so yeah idk.
This was my fourth time getting the financial aid email… first time was in January lol (I’m on the AL)
I've gotten like 4-5 of these (interviewed in Oct and AL in like Nov). They said to just ignore any deadlines until you receive an official ABut it also says, “ please submit any documentation listed below to the
Financial Aid Office within the next two weeks.” ... so yeah idk.
bananamacaroon
Full Member
I did, on ALI did. Was coming to ask the same thing
bananamacaroon
Full Member
I was notified I had been placed on the AL via emailDid you guys receive your AL or Acceptance by email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this has already been asked -- is anyone else's alternate position at Albany not showing up in CYMS?
SameSorry if this has already been asked -- is anyone else's alternate position at Albany not showing up in CYMS?
D
deleted1123321
Acceptance (1/12), AL (12/3), and II (10/22) for me all by emailDid you guys receive your AL or Acceptance by email?
D
deleted1123321
I think they mean that it shows alternate list or not on the CYMS tool, not an actual numerical position.I thought Albany didn’t disclose alternate position?
Would be great if they did though, so we can figure out if getting off is a pipe dream or not haha.
They said they don't accept updates but if you're willing to take the risk go for it lolare we able to write a letter of intent to them ?
Wait i actually did get a financial aid email from AMC stating that additional information is required from me. This is the same email everyone else got right?
Yeah I got the same emailWait i actually did get a financial aid email from AMC stating that additional information is required from me. This is the same email everyone else got right?
🤷🏻♂️Did any interviewees from March 4th hear back today?
concerninghob
Full Member
Alt list just now, March interviewer
Me tooAlt list just now, March interviewer
freshlyground99
Full Member
+1 Alt list. March 7th interview date
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+4, 2/25
Yuckyorgans
Full Member
+5, interviewed 3/14
concerninghob
Full Member
I think AMC rejects a decent amount of people late season too so it could be worse. Let’s see if people post acceptances here or if they weren’t being honest about having open seats still. That would be pretty lameGuess everyone who got late II gets alt listed :/