You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Albany
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
concerninghob
Full Member
Anyone else not have the alternate response tab on portal but also no R today?
you're saying you don't have the alternate response tab? :OOOAnyone else not have the alternate response tab on portal but also no R today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anything, this means you might have gotten in!Anyone else not have the alternate response tab on portal but also no R today?
medandmusic11
New Member
I'm so confused by this too! I never had the alternate response tab until today but it says the deadline has passed?!No rejection email.. portal says “Alternate deadline has passed”.. straight up confused by this.. sooo I’m safe for now?? Or that portal notification is just posted before I get an R email??
D
deleted1109233
It said the same thing last year when it popped it, don’t worry about it! In a little while they will send out something asking if you want to stay on the alternate list.I'm so confused by this too! I never had the alternate response tab until today but it says the deadline has passed?!
AL response form email a few mins ago
+1 sadAL response form email a few mins ago
D
deleted1123321
They only know how many people accepted As after the Plan to Enroll deadline on May 2nd.Damn seems like they had a lot of people deciding to accept their A this year.
concerninghob
Full Member
This is also not true. People have been emailing to withdraw throughout this week and even before that if their minds were already made up. Many schools also don’t have a plan to enroll deadline (not sure about Albany so someone please provide this info if you have it). The only way to “accept” an A definitely is to commit to enroll, effectively withdrawing all your other As and waitlists. CYMS tool is a set of guidelines, but since many schools don’t have PTE deadlines, people can technically hold multiple As past 5/2 if they wanted to and wait for financial aid packages or for other selfish reasons. A school can only see if you’re PTE or CTE at their or another anonymous institution on 5/2. As lame as that is, schools will only know their ballpark yield on 5/2 and waitlist movement will occur throughout May, June and July as people CTE at other schools.They only know how many people accepted As after the Plan to Enroll deadline on May 2nd.
D
deleted1123321
That’s what I’m talking about. Albany’s PTE deadline is May 2nd, and sure some people might hold multiple As past PTE deadline but a large majority will follow guidelines. Albany requires you to only hold their acceptance past May 2nd, so if you’re following the guidelines, then in effect they should know at that point how many people accepted As, even if they’re on other waitlists.This is also not true. People have been emailing to withdraw throughout this week and even before that if their minds were already made up. Many schools also don’t have a plan to enroll deadline (not sure about Albany so someone please provide this info if you have it). The only way to “accept” an A definitely is to commit to enroll, effectively withdrawing all your other As and waitlists. CYMS tool is a set of guidelines, but since many schools don’t have PTE deadlines, people can technically hold multiple As past 5/2 if they wanted to and wait for financial aid packages or for other selfish reasons. A school can only see if you’re PTE or CTE at their or another anonymous institution on 5/2. As lame as that is, schools will only know their ballpark yield on 5/2 and waitlist movement will occur throughout May, June and July as people CTE at other schools.
If you plan to enroll, you are accepting the acceptance. That is what comes in the packet once you get accepted here, and elsewhere too. If you get off a waitlist elsewhere, you then withdraw but you have originally accepted the A. I didn’t say you committed to the school. So past May 2nd, they do know who accepted As - whether or not they will commit is not the point. The school will fill the class with accepted As, then as they drop they will fill it from the AL. They will not overpopulate the class with people who may or may not have other As, they don’t have that info.
Also, a majority of schools follow CYMS guidelines. Idk where you’re getting your info.
D
deleted1123321
Also, your info on plan to enroll is wrong. When you plan to enroll, you can stay on waitlists but only have one A. Commit to enroll means you can’t have any waitlist or As other than the one you chose plan to enroll on. I have the CYMS tool and you cannot choose multiple schools to plan to enroll in, and whichever ones you Don’t plan to enroll (if they’re not waitlists) must be withdrawn. That’s the rule for the CYMS tool.This is also not true. People have been emailing to withdraw throughout this week and even before that if their minds were already made up. Many schools also don’t have a plan to enroll deadline (not sure about Albany so someone please provide this info if you have it). The only way to “accept” an A definitely is to commit to enroll, effectively withdrawing all your other As and waitlists. CYMS tool is a set of guidelines, but since many schools don’t have PTE deadlines, people can technically hold multiple As past 5/2 if they wanted to and wait for financial aid packages or for other selfish reasons. A school can only see if you’re PTE or CTE at their or another anonymous institution on 5/2. As lame as that is, schools will only know their ballpark yield on 5/2 and waitlist movement will occur throughout May, June and July as people CTE at other schools.
The email stent by AMC this morning states "as of today, seats are still available for the fall class." It seems strange they still have seats available at this point, but I guess since they interview far more applicants than average it could make sense. I would like to know if other private schools who interview a similar number of people are in the same boat.
concerninghob
Full Member
PTE/CTE doesn’t withdraw your other acceptances, so if a school doesn’t require it, then you could hold multiple. Someone could PTE Albany on 5/2 and hold other acceptances if their school has no PTE deadline. CYMS is a set of guidelines none of the suggestions are hard rules except the CTE deadline provided by each school. Again why I said they will have a ballpark on 5/2 and not a definitive numberAlso, your info on plan to enroll is wrong. When you plan to enroll, you can stay on waitlists but only have one A. Commit to enroll means you can’t have any waitlist or As other than the one you chose plan to enroll on. I have the CYMS tool and you cannot choose multiple schools to plan to enroll in, and whichever ones you Don’t plan to enroll (if they’re not waitlists) must be withdrawn. That’s the rule for the CYMS tool.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1123321
In the case of Albany, I don't know what could happen if you held onto multiple acceptances, but I can show you proof that they sent an email saying they expect you to withdraw from all other schools by the PTE deadline. Yes, it doesn't automatically withdraw you from other schools, but I guarantee you that most people aren't going to mess with that and will do what the school says.PTE/CTE doesn’t withdraw your other acceptances, so if a school doesn’t require it, then you could hold multiple. Someone could PTE Albany on 5/2 and hold other acceptances if their school has no PTE deadline. CYMS is a set of guidelines none of the suggestions are hard rules except the CTE deadline provided by each school. Again why I said they will have a ballpark on 5/2 and not a definitive number
Yeah two cycles ago when I was AL listed you could do it unlimited times, I assume the same is true this timeAnyone else's portal letting them confirm to stay on the list multiple times? I was worried the first one didn't go through.
Last edited:
ladyjetfuel
Full Member
Ok I have a stupid question… if Albany is my only school where I got an II, do I need this CYMS tool thing or is this just for people who have multiple schools so they can stay organized?
bananamacaroon
Full Member
Same here, I just submitted 2x to be safe lol. I wish they sent you an email confirmation or something.Anyone else's portal letting them confirm to stay on the list multiple times? I was worried the first one didn't go through.
bananamacaroon
Full Member
My understanding is you must have 1 A to use CYMS. I think you PTE & CTE for your school regardless of other players you have if you are accepted though!Ok I have a stupid question… if Albany is my only school where I got an II, do I need this CYMS tool thing or is this just for people who have multiple schools so they can stay organized?
edit: pls correct me if I'm wrong <3 (sincerely someone who is on waitlists and cannot see CYMS for myself 😛 )
Lmaooo sameSame here, I just submitted 2x to be safe lol. I wish they sent you an email confirmation or something.
You don't have access to the CYMS tool unless you have one acceptance. If you have 1 A and multiple WL then they will also show up on the CYMS tool, but to get access you need the first A. You can only hold 1 A on May 2nd and you *should* PTE as well to this school. Schools have their specific CTE dates. Hope that helps!Ok I have a stupid question… if Albany is my only school where I got an II, do I need this CYMS tool thing or is this just for people who have multiple schools so they can stay organized?
Did anyone else just get a financial aid email that's different from the previous ones sent? I already withdrew from the alt list and they confirmed the withdrawal, but curious if that means I would have gotten the A. I was 100% ready for the post-II R lol
I didn't get anything. Can u send a sc of what it says?Did anyone else just get a financial aid email that's different from the previous ones sent? I already withdrew from the alt list and they confirmed the withdrawal, but curious if that means I would have gotten the A. I was 100% ready for the post-II R lol
I didn't get anything. Can u send a sc of what it says?
Similar to previous ones, but different link included and none of the "this is for new students only" language. Just found it odd since I've already withdrawn
Very interesting! Perhaps yeh!!View attachment 353946
Similar to previous ones, but different link included and none of the "this is for new students only" language. Just found it odd since I've already withdrawn
guest112233
Full Member
I haven't gotten any of the financial aid emails. Does anyone have insight on what this might mean?
I got the one with different wording today as well. I've gotten the old on 4 different times since my interview last fall. No idea why this one is worded different. I submitted my interest in remaining on the waitlist /after/ receiving this email. So no insight there. I checked AAMC and I don't have access to CYMS still (this is the only MD I'm waiting on, fingers crossed). So nothing has been submitted through them yet or anything.
Maybe it's just another generic email. But I have no clue why they would change the wording of the email and take out the disclaimer.
Maybe it's just another generic email. But I have no clue why they would change the wording of the email and take out the disclaimer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ladyjetfuel
Full Member
I got the email also. Got it after I submitted the form that I was still interested to be on the AL.Did anyone else just get a financial aid email that's different from the previous ones sent? I already withdrew from the alt list and they confirmed the withdrawal, but curious if that means I would have gotten the A. I was 100% ready for the post-II R lol
ladyjetfuel
Full Member
couldnt hurt at this pointI got the email but was rejected yesterday. Should I call?
concerninghob
Full Member
Either means we didn’t make the waitlist cut or we’re getting an A in the next couple weeks😂Has anyone been put on the alternate list but has not received a rejection or an email about staying on the alternate list/portal tab???
pyrochem
Full Member
Give the admissions office a call. They are easy to get ahold of and answered my questions when I called them the other day!Has anyone been put on the alternate list but has not received a rejection or an email about staying on the alternate list/portal tab???
If you do end up calling, can you please let us know what they say? I’m just curious, I did get the AL email thoHas anyone been put on the alternate list but has not received a rejection or an email about staying on the alternate list/portal tab???
Yes I did! They just said that those emails are sent out in batches by a system and not all at once so that was why mine didn't come yet but it was scheduled to comeIf you do end up calling, can you please let us know what they say? I’m just curious, I did get the AL email tho
guest112233
Full Member
I wonder if the batches are related to their alt list rank?Yes I did! They just said that those emails are sent out in batches by a system and not all at once so that was why mine didn't come yet but it was scheduled to come
Good question...although I think it may be more likely it's related to interview date. I interviewed early on, so that would make sense why I got this early as well. Perhaps they add people in batches after they've been interviewed?I wonder if the batches are related to their alt list rank?
freshlyground99
Full Member
I actually had one of the final few interview dates and I got my email early on as well.Good question...although I think it may be more likely it's related to interview date. I interviewed early on, so that would make sense why I got this early as well. Perhaps they add people in batches after they've been interviewed?
itdobelikethatsometimes
Full Member
My interview was early December and I received the form and financial aid email. I also checked in about the format of the aid email being different and said to wait for my admissions decision before doing anything.I actually had one of the final few interview dates and I got my email early on as well.
My interview was early February and I got the financial aid email too.
ladyjetfuel
Full Member
Can I just say I hate weekends at the moment?! I keep checking my email and then realize that there won’t be anything…ugh!!!
premed20211
New Member
Just withdrew my A, good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
guest112233
Full Member
What are we thinking for the rest of the week, my fellow AL friends? Has there been another batch of alternate response forms? The deadline for the first batch was today.
pyrochem
Full Member
Hope that we get some A’s rolling out tomorrow!! Probably won’t be until the end of the week though..What are we thinking for the rest of the week, my fellow AL friends? Has there been another batch of alternate response forms? The deadline for the first batch was today.
Anyone email the office about the new financial aid email? I’m on the AL so I’m not sure if I should do anything about it.
Medicinee2021
Full Member
Withdrawing my AL from here, good luck to everyone!