2021-2022 Arizona, Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deferral received. again....

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also put on hold again on Monday! Trying my best to stay patient. My guess is that those of us who have been on hold for months are going to make up the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Also put on hold again on Monday! Trying my best to stay patient. My guess is that those of us who have been on hold for months are going to make up the waitlist?
Re waitlist that's what I'm thinking too and you're not alone, it's especially hard when you don't have an answer one way or the other -- the waiting around is killing me :(

• Care
Hello! I hope all are well :)

Was wondering if anyone has gotten any financial aid information from the school. Thanks :)

for those who have been admitted, did the portal update after the call or did you see it on the portal first? :)

Still on the deferral train since Oct 15 🚂

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends, during my acceptance phone call, it was mentioned that if my spouse got a job within the ASU/UoA system, then I would get free tuition. Does anyone know if that needs to be full time or can it be part time?

Hey friends, during my acceptance phone call, it was mentioned that if my spouse got a job within the ASU/UoA system, then I would get free tuition. Does anyone know if that needs to be full time or can it be part time?
Needs to be at least half-time (20 hours/week). But yeah it's the most incredible financial deal ever. I'm a current MS1 at UACOMP, feel free to message me.

Reactions: 3 users
congrats!!!!!! when did you interview if you don't mind sharing?

Just got the call!!!!!!!
Yay congratulations!!! 😃 hmm does that mean they are delayed in calling? I interviewed 3/14 and the dean said we'd hear today, but if you just got a call and interviewed 2/28 then I'm assuming we won't?

Yay congratulations!!! 😃 hmm does that mean they are delayed in calling? I interviewed 3/14 and the dean said we'd hear today, but if you just got a call and interviewed 2/28 then I'm assuming we won't?
Hi! My first day to hear back was March 21st, but I didn't get in, so then I got an email saying "the next date you can hear from us is 4/4." So I don't think this impacts the 3/14 decision day!

Hi! My first day to hear back was March 21st, but I didn't get in, so then I got an email saying "the next date you can hear from us is 4/4." So I don't think this impacts the 3/14 decision day!
Oh got it thank you. So exciting!!!

Has anyone from the 3/14 interview date heard anything? Was expecting to hear something today

Has anyone from the 3/14 interview date heard anything? Was expecting to hear something today
all of us deferred people were also supposed to receive an update today. last year, after the final interview date they did this same exact thing, then waitlisted people the next day. guess we'll see tomorrow if they do the same thing

+1 WL

was kind of surprised they said that waitlist movement is 0-10 seats - their admissions tracker says they've accepted 153 people this year and last year they accepted 232 total- does anyone know why?

+1 WL

was kind of surprised they said that waitlist movement is 0-10 seats - their admissions tracker says they've accepted 153 people this year and last year they accepted 232 total- does anyone know why?
It might be in the wording. 0-10 seats can still mean that each seat requires multiple acceptances each before a student actually takes it (which is usually the case since people do hold multiple A's).

However, this might just be me clinging onto some hope though lol.

Admissions tracker was updated today… 170 admissions offered ??? Last year was 230?? There’s no way only 10 spots will open up that doesn’t make any sense

• Hmm
Admissions tracker was updated today… 170 admissions offered ??? Last year was 230?? There’s no way only 10 spots will open up that doesn’t make any sense
They also interviewed more people this year so I would assume they would accept the same number of people at least, if not slightly more...I was thinking that the 230 was including people pulled from the waitlist but that would mean like 60 people accepted from the waitlist which seems like a lot lol

They also interviewed more people this year so I would assume they would accept the same number of people at least, if not slightly more...I was thinking that the 230 was including people pulled from the waitlist but that would mean like 60 people accepted from the waitlist which seems like a lot lol
I would assume it includes waitlist as well… maybe they are anticipating that Covid caused more wl movement? Last years thread there were like 6 people accepted from the waitlist that reported on sdn which means there were likely many more than that… but I talked to a current student and she said that she doesn’t know of anyone that was pulled from the waitlist… so it’s really hard to say

The dean on my interview day said that they rely heavily on the waitlist (like other schools) because of the AAMC traffic rules. He didn't mention a 0-10 WL number, but n=1.

Reactions: 2 users
I looked through last year's thread, and one person who was accepted off of the waitlist was told on the phone call that they were conservative with initial As, so hopefully, they're just doing the same this year.

I would assume it includes waitlist as well… maybe they are anticipating that Covid caused more wl movement? Last years thread there were like 6 people accepted from the waitlist that reported on sdn which means there were likely many more than that… but I talked to a current student and she said that she doesn’t know of anyone that was pulled from the waitlist… so it’s really hard to say
one of the M2s at my pre-interview social had been on the waitlist

one of the M2s at my pre-interview social had been on the waitlist
I'm a student here and can vouch and say that MANY people came off the waitlist, it's definitely not a soft rejection and they really do accept a good amount of people off of the waitlist all the way until a few weeks before school starts.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I remember a discussion about increased class size. Was that starting last year or this year?

Getting ready to withdraw as an accepted OOS student—just wanted to double check here that the email at [email protected] was the right place to send it. Lesgooo waitlist students and everyone else who ends up attending here!!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hello! Has anyone received an email yet to accept our position in the entering class? I did the CYMS thing, but apparently we are supposed to get an email with a link I think...? Thanks everyone!