2021-2022 Arizona, Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II just now! OOS, complete 8/31

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait its in person? MSAR says theyre all virtual this year ?
UA Phoenix is doing in-person interviews! Back when I interviewed in August, they had a couple options in 2022 for an online virtual interview. Not sure if that is still offered?

II just now, IS. I'm also nervous that this is in-person. For both the COVID risk and general nervousness.

II just now, IS. I'm also nervous that this is in-person. For both the COVID risk and general nervousness.
same boat. I emailed them about it. this is the last thing i was expecting to have to worry about in 2022!

Reactions: 1 user
UA Phoenix is doing in-person interviews! Back when I interviewed in August, they had a couple options in 2022 for an online virtual interview. Not sure if that is still offered?
Dang i cant believe i missed that when i was writing my secondaries. Im all the way on the east coast so traveling w/ 3 week notice is a hassle anyway. selfishly though i want to go see campus!!!

• Care
Dang i cant believe i missed that when i was writing my secondaries. Im all the way on the east coast so traveling w/ 3 week notice is a hassle anyway. selfishly though i want to go see campus!!!
I really enjoyed it! Everyone was super welcoming, the medical education building was very pretty, and it really felt like an interview compared to virtual interviews. Also got to walk around Phoenix a bit to figure out if I'd enjoy living there. Hope you get a chance to visit at some point!

II, OOS, complete 7/16.

I did not realize the interview is in person. Im going to email and see if theyll offer virtual instead 😬

The team emailed back, said they would let us know tomorrow what the interview situation is. Likely 1/24 or 3/14 days will be virtual

The team emailed back, said they would let us know tomorrow what the interview situation is. Likely 1/24 or 3/14 days will be virtual
Do you mean that they have the virtual option for those dates or they are changing those dates to completely virtual?

Do you mean that they have the virtual option for those dates or they are changing those dates to completely virtual?
change to virtual it sounds like

per their email, they are offering both. Either 1/24 in person or a 3/14 virtual. Picking virtual. With the amount of Covid going around rn, the last thing I wanna do is travel.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
per their email, they are offering both. Either 1/24 in person or a 3/14 virtual. Picking virtual. With the amount of Covid going around rn, the last thing I wanna do is travel.
I opted for virtual too. Not worth the risk for me, especially with how bad it is in AZ.

About 80 IIs left to give out based on their tracker. I’d literally go there tomorrow in a heartbeat for an in person interview if only they’d invite me… complete 9/2. :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
The 3/14 virtual interview was full when I got the II this morning. Has anyone requested they add another virtual date? Hopefully they add one!

Nevermind they have spots for the 3/14 date still 😁

Last edited:
Are there any current students I could PM? I have a few questions. Thanks!

Anyone get the email about Jan 24th date changing to virtual. I guess its cuz of Omicron.
Dang I didn’t but I wish they decided that before i signed up for the virtual day in March 😭😭

Got that wonderful call this morning! I am an in-state reapplicant, so this is my dream!

most likely the 12/6 group... was hoping for a call today but guess not unfortunately.

most likely the 12/6 group... was hoping for a call today but guess not unfortunately.
Same... been on hold for forever interviewed 8/16

Edit: Just received another hold.. next update January 31st

Last edited:
Same... been on hold for forever interviewed 8/16

Edit: Just received another hold.. next update January 31st
Seems like a dragged out waitlist... that's unfortunate. Probably won't get a real response until May.

Has there been people accepted on the "next update"?

Seems like a dragged out waitlist... that's unfortunate. Probably won't get a real response until May.

Has there been people accepted on the "next update"?
I got put on hold today too and had the same thought, I really really hope it's not just an extended waitlist experience :-(

I got put on hold today too and had the same thought, I really really hope it's not just an extended waitlist experience :-(
I went through the previous threads and it seems there have been a few here and there accepted... but it seems most of the decision will be in march/April (Just saw that this year has a mid march interview) so Mid April probably the last one before rejection/waitlist... ugh, going to assume this is a rejection and move on to other schools =(

• Wow
if i've heard nothing since submitting should i assume it's a pre-II R? not sure how this school does things

if i've heard nothing since submitting should i assume it's a pre-II R? not sure how this school does things
I wouldn't give up hope entirely, they do things a bit differently than most schools -- I think @KellyS777 is probably right and we'll see a lot more movement in March/April. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hear back soon! It seems like a super cool program :)

I wouldn't give up hope entirely, they do things a bit differently than most schools -- I think @KellyS777 is probably right and we'll see a lot more movement in March/April. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hear back soon! It seems like a super cool program :)
They seem to have given out 400 II already. I think they’ll only have about 50 left.

Just received an II today, OOS w/ no ties. Submitted 7/12

• Love
Completed secondary early 8/2021. IS, URM. GPA 3.81, MCAT 512. Still have heard nothing lol. Called them today and they said they have 5 interview days left. Anyone else in my boat lol?
Update: Interviewed 1/24. I believe they said next round of calls will be 2/14 for our interview cycle... Let's get this bread gals n bois.

• Love