2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no status email….that can’t be good :nailbiting: did anyone receive one?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
very odd tbh…maybe they’re getting ready to send waitlist/rejection emails so we don’t get an update this week?
They said waitlist is released some time March so I dont believe they will send that update this week.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess we didn't get an email in December either when they did a round (dec 3rd?) so they've been kinda inconsistent this cycle

I just got the "you remain an active candidate in our applicant pool" email. Really hoping for an acceptance here! 🤞

Reactions: 4 users
i also panicked when I saw the email from them because last year the rejection email randomly came on a Tuesday lol

I just want to share that I e-mailed the Admissions Committee last Friday and they said there is still a couple more decision days and that the latest decision day could be late March/early April.

Reactions: 10 users
I just want to share that I e-mailed the Admissions Committee last Friday and they said there is still a couple more decision days and that the latest decision day could be late March/early April.
ooh a couple more sounds nice!! i was thinking one more bc their site says 6 total but yessss fingers crossed for more opportunities

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else receive an email just now inviting them to a "Special Pop-In Mentoring Session" tonight with the Student Diversity Advisory Committee?

Did anyone else receive an email just now inviting them to a "Special Pop-In Mentoring Session" tonight with the Student Diversity Advisory Committee?
Yes! and I haven't been admitted so i fall into that "previously indicated interest" category lol

You indicated interested by applying lol
it was a separate box that i think we checked before the interviews but i could be wrong. I remember there were a ton of different groups we could indicate interest in (Affinity Groups?)

I am guessing today wasn't a decision day since theres no activity, sad

• Sad
OH MY GOD. I am seriously in disbelief. Just got the acceptance call- interviewed 2/4. This is my top choice school so I am over the moon right now. Really hoping for good luck for everyone on this thread!!
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?

my prediction is a round this coming Friday, a final one on April 1st, and then the waitlist/rejections on Tuesday 4/5/22 lol. But that's only if they did it like last year, which we've learned they've switched things up I suppose

Hi all. I called admissions and got an update.

The final admissions meeting is this week and they will update applicants this Friday. She said this includes the opening of the waitlist.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi all. I called admissions and got an update.

The final admissions meeting is this week and they will update applicants this Friday. She said this includes the opening of the waitlist.
So does that mean they're also sending out all the rejection letters on Friday too?

RIP i'm not mentally ready for this lol I thought I had another 3 weeks

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
That's what she made it sound like. She said the final meeting is this week and students will be updated on Friday.
so it sounds like everyone will be receiving a decision on Friday then, whether it’s accepted, placed on the waitlist, or rejected? :unsure: seems so early but I’m glad we will know

Reactions: 5 users
I know in years past I’ve seen that some people get letters instead of phone calls for acceptances towards the end of the cycle, but they were also local. Hoping for the best still.

• Hmm
  • Care
Hello again.

Sorry if I am coming off as neurotic, I'm just anxious LOL. I just called Admissions again and asked if we would be hearing back soon. She said that if they "have the chance to release decisions today" they will. If not today, early next week.

Hang in there everyone!

• Hmm
Hello again.

Sorry if I am coming off as neurotic, I'm just anxious LOL. I just called Admissions again and asked if we would be hearing back soon. She said that if they "have the chance to release decisions today" they will. If not today, early next week.

Hang in there everyone!
so they haven’t sent any decisions today, not even acceptances? :unsure:

Rejection IS. See you guys next year or in CO!

• Care
post-II R from my only interview, IS and my alma mater. this one really hurts :( this is super random and unrelated but does anyone want to apply to the UQ-Ochsner program in Australia with me? 🤪

• Care
Also got the rejection today. IS, good stats, thought the interview went well. Very bummed. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
post-II R from my only interview, IS and my alma mater. this one really hurts :( this is super random and unrelated but does anyone want to apply to the UQ-Ochsner program in Australia with me? 🤪
I feel like it’s the beach on Normandy seeing the results of this cycle. Seeing us get updates over months just for this. Love y’all

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Post II R. IS, 518 MCAT, 3.91 overall GPA with a 3.93 sGPA. Thought I did well on the interview and even sent my interviewers thank you emails. Pretty shocked and upset, but it’s all good! Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Still no communication or decision for me. Perhaps I'm going to be waitlisted and they're announcing those decisions next week?

Reactions: 2 users