2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually just checked! The last thing I was sent by admissions before today was a reminder of my upcoming interview in October, so I never received the “your application is under review” post interview email.
Thanks for checking! Not what I wanted to hear though haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah this isn't looking too good for us. maybe they decided to change things up this year and give the "under review" emails to those they know they will later reject...
It’s fine to speculate but drawing conclusions and stress from things we don’t know about will only do more harm than good. The reality is that we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes and although the waiting sucks, lets not make things worse for ourselves
 
It’s fine to speculate but drawing conclusions and stress from things we don’t know about will only do more harm than good. The reality is that we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes and although the waiting sucks, lets not make things worse for ourselves
So true. There’s literally no way of knowing if active candidate is better than still under review. At the end of the day they both mean we are being considered.
 
It's entirely possible that two different people sent out the same emails but wrote them slightly different.
This is true but I would expect it's just an automated system that sends them based on how applicants are categorized (ie interviewed/hold, interviewed/accepted, pre-interview waitlist, etc) so I'm not really sure if 2 people are involved with diff emails.
 
So true. There’s literally no way of knowing if active candidate is better than still under review. At the end of the day they both mean we are being considered.
I agree, I think it's just that when you read the letter that says "active candidate"/ "not a rejection," it sounds a lot more encouraging/friendlier than "thank you for applying" because that's basically the first line of rejections letters too. Anyways, i hope the different letters mean nothing. Would love for that to be the case
 
for anyone curious about the difference between the two emails, I emailed admissions today and they said: “Thank you for your email. Applicants move through the review portion of the application process at different times and may receive different email communication.” just strange because they never did this in past years 🤔
 
for anyone curious about the difference between the two emails, I emailed admissions today and they said: “Thank you for your email. Applicants move through the review portion of the application process at different times and may receive different email communication.” just strange because they never did this in past years 🤔
thanks for the update! it's definitely weird because some people never received the "under review" email at all.. huh. not sure i buy it lol
 
for anyone curious about the difference between the two emails, I emailed admissions today and they said: “Thank you for your email. Applicants move through the review portion of the application process at different times and may receive different email communication.” just strange because they never did this in past years 🤔
I suppose this is confirmation that these actually are two different update emails for two different statuses...
 
I also wrote to the office and they responded "Your application has been under review since your interview. The email was to update you on your continued review status."
yeah I'm still reading too much into these lol they didn't really answer if there's a difference between the emails. Thanks for sharing your update as well!
 
Question for those of you've already interviewed... the schedule looks pretty compact - do they give an opportunity for a 5-10 min break at some point?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for those of you've already interviewed... the schedule looks pretty compact - do they give an opportunity for a 5-10 min break at some point?
I think there was one after we came back from the MMI part but I don't remember the others. You can turn your camera off during some parts for a while though if you need to step away. Good luck with your interview!
 
I think there was one after we came back from the MMI part but I don't remember the others. You can turn your camera off during some parts for a while though if you need to step away. Good luck with your interview!
I remember a long break after MMI like 30 minutes to an hour for lunch
 
Does anyone know when they will send out information to get in contact with other admitted students? I thought they said they would this month but it's almost February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the point of schools like this requesting you fill out a prerequisite form before your interview? I already filled out my application and spent the money on the application fee to apply to this school, why can't they use my actual application?
 
Do we know if Tucson is even still interviewing? Haven't seen an II in this thread in a while.... but I guess if we are still getting II waitlist emails they are still going to send them??
 
The interview tracker says they've sent out 542 interviews and they said at my interview day that they were planning on sending 540 total. This may be the final interview group.
 
Interviewed early October and haven’t heard anything back, besides one “file still under review” update email. Is it safe to say that the chances of an acceptance is slim to none at this point in the cycle?
 
Interviewed early October and haven’t heard anything back, besides one “file still under review” update email. Is it safe to say that the chances of an acceptance is slim to none at this point in the cycle?
I feel you. I interviewed in August and received that same email. I called Admissions and they said that they will be making more admissions calls tomorrow. I think they will be opening the waitlist soon too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad